Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #185

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctored photo may just mean the there is a filter in place for most young teens where it slims them, etc and/or defocuses the background etc. Photoshop basic stuff that is now easily available for your phone. That is the way I take that
That's what I would have thought also but not the context that's being alluded to I think?

I'll take your word for it!

I just listened a little bit....fast fowarding/skipping. I thought sunshine meant they had an attorney on they were talking to, but no, they were just doing their usual bit and mentioned an attorney who's associated with the SCOIN thing and has been making the rounds on some YouTube channels. They discussed how he, the attorney, feels the photo of Abby on the bridge has been doctored and said, because I guess they are digital experts now, that it's "embarrassing." Now you don't have to watch!

IMO MOO

Whether RA doctored the video or the stills, Libby (probably?) took, that I don't know. BUT it would make much sense, if he did it, that he left the cell phone behind. It would have been intention then (probably) and not a very stupid thing for a murderer, to leave a phone with latest pics under one of his victims' bodies. MOO

Yes, good point. I do think the phone was left behind intentionally. IMO MOO

Whether RA doctored the video or the stills, Libby (probably?) took, that I don't know. BUT it would make much sense, if he did it, that he left the cell phone behind. It would have been intention then (probably) and not a very stupid thing for a murderer, to leave a phone with latest pics under one of his victims' bodies. MOO
Yes but this wasn't being thrown out there by the prosecution (that RA may have doctored it) but by someone very pro-defense...so insinuating something important to the defense was removed? I don't rightly know what they meant by is was doctored.

I just listened a little bit....fast fowarding/skipping. I thought sunshine meant they had an attorney on they were talking to, but no, they were just doing their usual bit and mentioned an attorney who's associated with the SCOIN thing and has been making the rounds on some YouTube channels. They discussed how he, the attorney, feels the photo of Abby on the bridge has been doctored and said, because I guess they are digital experts now, that it's "embarrassing." Now you don't have to watch!

IMO MOO
No I never said that. And yes one of RA's attorneys who argued before the SCOIN

IMO MOO
Well people might want to listen, there was much more than that.

@TTF14
That's what I was leading up to --- crowdfunding sites' terms of service and stated/intended use of funds.
Not illegal as in criminal, imo but a ToS violation.

The Big One ;) does not prohibit users raising funds for ALL "legal fees" but prohibits users raising funds for:

"9. the legal defense of alleged financial and violent crimes;..."
(Well, along w 20 plus other prohibited uses.)

ETA:
So, yes, seems $ for RA's legal defense for a double murder would violate ToS on that site.

Likely other CF sites have the same or similar bans. imo.
@al66pine

Here's a thread about the fundraiser if you want more information about it, and which crowdfunding site it has been through:

Yes, good point. I do think the phone was left behind intentionally. IMO MOO

That would be absolutely moronic and make zero sense as with audio and video footage now he has been caught it’s helped sink his ship.

If they were in communication then he likely took a phone not realizing there was more than one.

Imo

Yes but this wasn't being thrown out there by the prosecution (that RA may have doctored it) but by someone very pro-defense...so insinuating something important to the defense was removed? I don't rightly know what they meant by is was doctored.

My guess is he meant completely fabricated and planted. But, I'm not a mindreader, just a theory.

IMO MOO

I’m not a big fan of the cartridge, and the witnesses will get beat up by the defense.

But due to the gag order, we don’t know what else they have.

LE may be sitting on a wealth of other evidence that we have not yet seen, and if they do, I believe it will be enough for a jury to convict Richard Allen.

jmo
I’m probably in the minority, but that cartridge was the deal-sealer for me.

Even if it were the only shred of evidence there is, nobody should be that unlucky. That there should be an unrelated cartridge between the two victims, six inches from one. That the caliber matches the accused’s gun. That the feeding and ejection marks would be seen as a complete match by a metric employed by LE to make such identifications. (They wouldn’t use a test if it doesn’t at least eliminate some large percent of cases.)

Keeping Holeman's words in mind, exactly what is it that makes the reenactments wrong?
What is it about the videos that aren't the true details?
Comments like those below can take a person's mind in a thousand different directions.

Maybe the girls never finished crossing the bridge, maybe they turned around and went back after taking A's pic, maybe BG took them down the hill on the cemetery, maybe BG was never on the bridge.
Moo

(snips)
And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

Holeman: “[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman