Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #189

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it was the interview with Holeman when they came to pick up RA’s car.
Although we’ve only read a snippet of that interview in the defense’s motion and state’s response. I think they were trying to suppress the statement’s RA made to Holeman.
Now they have vacated that motion. I’m wondering why.
Maybe, like another poster has mentioned, because the State argued it was all by the book and it was a very convincing arguement before the judge?

Right? Wouldn't you think if your client confesses 61 times you'd try and work a plea deal (for what I don't know what) rather than make up such an unsubstantiated SODDI defense? I wonder if it's more than 61, if he's continued to confess so vehemently at Wabash?
Plea deals don’t result in thousands of billable hours.
IMO
Plea deals aren’t flashy advertising for the defense. IMO

Solitary confinement is horrid.

Imagine being enclosed in a small room with no comfortable place to sit, lights on all night, constant noise,
someone watching you 24 hours a day... the list goes on. Some prisons don't even have air conditioning, no breeze, no fresh air.

How do claustrophobic people stand it?
What constant noise? Isn't solitary segregated from the general population?

Plea deals don’t result in thousands of billable hours.
IMO
Plea deals aren’t flashy advertising for the defense. IMO

From what you've said, I am inferring that you mean the defense team is ignoring their own client's wishes to plead guilty so they can get money and fame from this trial.

Pretty sure this goes against the ethical standards attorneys must abide by in their practice of the law.

RA is also currently in front of numerous legal professionals, so if they are basically holding him hostage because they want to make money off him, he probably could just shout to the judge (or whisper since the courtroom is so tiny, allegedly), "I did this! I want to plead guilty!"

IMO MOO

Respectfully, we have NO IDEA what we'd do after 7 months of psychological torture. I learned a loooonnnng time ago to never say never.

IMO MOO

I would never confess to murdering two children if I didn't do it. We're not even talking about confessing under interrogation. Never would I tell my loved ones I murdered two children, tell them such a horrific lie.

Not sure if there is this old documentary series available still, but its titled:

Scared Straight

I think this series was about scare tactics used with teenagers that were in and out of trouble with the law by putting them inside some heavy going prison systems to straighten them out as a last resort.

They weren't really in prison or prisons too long at all yet most, not all, did a whole turn around because the inmates and prison environment scared the hell out of them quite successfully.

Prison can be quite Psychologically and Mentally impactful so if put in the right one some could very well confess because of being threatened or feeling threatened.

Not saying it is the case for RA though, but who knows what prison has done to him and those inside with him.

What do you mean by "the possible time a video was recorded"?
I’m saying that Holeman isn’t a digital expert and didn’t complete any of the phone extractions, so he’s not qualified to make expert assertions himself. IMO He should be quoting from the medical examiners report to conclude the TOD like we see all the time. MOO

Not sure if there is this old documentary series available still, but its titled:

Scared Straight

I think this series was about scare tactics used with teenagers that were in and out of trouble with the law by putting them inside some heavy going prison systems to straighten them out as a last resort.

They weren't really in prison or prisons too long at all yet most, not all, did a whole turn around because the inmates and prison environment scared the hell out of them quite successfully.

Prison can be quite Psychologically and Mentally impactful so if put in the right one some could very well confess because of being threatened or feeling threatened.

Not saying it is the case for RA though, but who knows what prison has done to him and those inside with him.
I've seen Scared Straight. I still feel I would never falsely confess to my family that I'd murdered two children...or to anyone for that matter. MO

I’m saying that Holeman isn’t a digital expert and didn’t complete any of the phone extractions, so he’s not qualified to make expert assertions himself. IMO He should be quoting from the medical examiners report to conclude the TOD like we see all the time. MOO

My question is regarding why you would question the time of the video itself. Is there a reason to doubt that the video was taken at that specific time? Most ordinary people can understand the time stamp on a video.

EBM to add that I assume TOD would have come through the Medical Examiner.

JMO

This is a hearing not the trial. If the judge wants that verified from the coroner's report before she rules on the motions, I'm sure that offical TOD will be provided to her.

My question is regarding why you would question the time of the video itself. Is there a reason to doubt that the video was taken at that specific time? Most ordinary people can understand the time stamp on a video.
We haven’t heard from a digital forensic expert as to the time of the video. Holeman is no expert and he didn’t even quote the time properly yesterday in his testimony.

He said 2:17 yesterday and we have always heard 2:13.

IMO MOO

EFs phone was at his house completely unused for 9 hours straight during the murders. It’s possible he just left his phone at home.

MOO

RSBM IMO

So the defense is stating the murders took place between 10:30am and 7:30 pm.
"Nine hours straight during the murders".

The Prosecution states the murders took place between 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm.

Libby posted the image of Abby at 2:07.

Taking into account the prosecution and the defense timeline, the murders would have been between 2:07 pm and 7:30 pm. That is 5.5 hours both D and P agree on.

False confessions are real, not saying his are false. Selfishly, I just want this to go to trial so I can see what other evidence the state has and how they're going to present it, as they must have more than what was on the PCA and search warrant

We haven’t heard from a digital forensic expert as to the time of the video. Holeman is no expert and he didn’t even quote the time properly yesterday in his testimony.

He said 2:17 yesterday and we have always heard 2:13.

IMO MOO

Well, I would guess that the experts will testify at the trial and be able to clear that up.

Was Holeman being used as an expert on digital forensics?

Well, I would guess that the experts will testify at the trial and be able to clear that up.

Was Holeman being used as an expert on digital forensics?
He was testifying that he used Libby’s phone and “crime scene evidence” to conclude that the murders occurred between 2:30-3:30. My opinion is that I would expect an investigator to refer to the autopsy findings for TOD.

RSBM IMO

So the defense is stating the murders took place between 10:30am and 7:30 pm.
"Nine hours straight during the murders".

The Prosecution states the murders took place between 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm.

Libby posted the image of Abby at 2:07.

Taking into account the prosecution and the defense timeline, the murders would have been between 2:07 pm and 7:30 pm. That is 5.5 hours both D and P agree on.

How in the world is the defense coming up with 3 hours before Kelsei dropped the girls off at the trails as part of the murder time line!!? The kids were both home with BP, KG and DG during that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back