Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #189

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Telling someone you are innocent a thousand times means very little if you confess your guilt 61x to a dozen or more people. IMO

Seems a lot claim to be innocent and only one might be telling the truth every now and then.

From what you've said, I am inferring that you mean the defense team is ignoring their own client's wishes to plead guilty so they can get money and fame from this trial.

Pretty sure this goes against the ethical standards attorneys must abide by in their practice of the law.

RA is also currently in front of numerous legal professionals, so if they are basically holding him hostage because they want to make money off him, he probably could just shout to the judge (or whisper since the courtroom is so tiny, allegedly), "I did this! I want to plead guilty!"

IMO MOO
If it is true he confessed to his mental health counsellor and to the warden and to some guards and his family, 61x in total, then he already took the first steps towards this. Who knows, he might even say something like this in court during the trial.

What if he insists upon taking the stand? I'm sure the judge will make the offer and tell him it is his decision and not his attorneys.

While you're in psychosis due to mental torture?
We don't know if the psychosis symptoms were real. But if so, we don't know what caused it.

Maybe it was caused by guilt and regret?

Maybe he was psychotic before the murders and that's why it happened? I am leaning this way for now.

You have 3 active cell phones that you carry every day? Is one for work? Why do you need to pay for three phones ?

I think that is pretty unusual. Am I wrong?

Probably not all that weird for someone who holds two jobs.

I only have one, but I have had a job once where I had to have one and had two. I hated it.

Last edited:
"They" claim to have put this man in solitary "for his protection." Then they proceed to literally drive him crazy through their treatment of him. A man who is not even convicted of a crime.

Make it make sense.
It makes sense if it was true, as reported, that death threats were coming in towards him and his family. The original judge was very concerned about how the local jail would be able to protect him because it is not set up with that kind of security measures available.

This is Harshman providing a list of these statements and their sources, detailing the 61?

"Who are they?"

But seriously, mentioning them by name means nothing. It was all over the news for years.
My point was that mentioning the victims by name and describing the weapon and the number of times he reportedly confessed and the number of people he confessed to makes it pretty incriminating, overall, imo.

Yes!!

However, we all know that anybody that would kill 2 teen girls the way they were killed is not "normal".

But ......I don't think mental illness can be his defense.

He is a pervert, more than likely involved in a CSAM ring and it was that part of his life to drive him to Libby & Abby.

JMO

Definitely, mental illness can not fly as his defense. Clearly he knew the difference between right and wrong because afterward he covered up his dark deeds when he spoke to the DD and others as well, since until the confessions it seems no one knew.

Here are my questions about this:

When did his detailed confessions occur? Was it after he got the Discovery?
Who all had access to the Discovery before he got it? Did the trustees assigned to guard him have access to it? Did they read it?
Did any of the trustees assigned to guard him talk to their family members about him and exchange information with them either before or after these detailed confessions?
Typically, inmates do not get to keep discovery. I can't believe this particular time would be the exception, especially with the protective order in place to prohibit disclosure to outside persons. Inmates have virtually zero right to privacy, so it would be next to impossible to uphold the protective order.

JMO

Typically, inmates do not get to keep discovery. I can't believe this particular time would be the exception, especially with the protective order in place to prohibit disclosure to outside persons. Inmates have virtually zero right to privacy, so it would be next to impossible to uphold the protective order.

JMO
See, I had wondered about this and was looking for a lawyer to provide some insight. Richard Allen was given his discovery in his cell, 1000 pages. The prison has protocol that requires all paper to be photocopied (because drugs) so an employee of the prison (civilian? Guard? Who?) photocopied all of this discovery.

My concern is that the employee doing this is in turn being exposed to this discovery. They have the ability to read it, have the ability to photocopy additional copies, have the ability to save the originals, what happens to the originals??

This is a mega security/safety concern for me. I do not think that this issue was really thoroughly discussed today so I don’t know how abnormal that is. Just as a regular person, I think that is legit insane.

MOO

Just as a regular person, I think that is legit insane.
As another regular person, I also think it's legit insane. And I wonder if he was told (either factually or falsely) there was a page or two in there that was drugs...and that's why he ate it.

If I was being treated like he was, hell, I'd eat paper too if I thought it was drugs that might take me out of my misery for a little while.

IMO MOO

See, I had wondered about this and was looking for a lawyer to provide some insight. Richard Allen was given his discovery in his cell, 1000 pages. The prison has protocol that requires all paper to be photocopied (because drugs) so an employee of the prison (civilian? Guard? Who?) photocopied all of this discovery.

My concern is that the employee doing this is in turn being exposed to this discovery. They have the ability to read it, have the ability to photocopy additional copies, have the ability to save the originals, what happens to the originals??

This is a mega security/safety concern for me. I do not think that this issue was really thoroughly discussed today so I don’t know how abnormal that is. Just as a regular person, I think that is legit insane.

MOO
BBM

Is this a fact or a hypothetical? I'm out of the loop on a lot that was revealed today.

If it's true, I'd agree that's insane.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove