Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m not really following, but RA said that he left around 1:30 and the girls arrived shortly after so they wouldn’t have run into each other. There were a lot of other people on the trail and the bridge that day.

I already did a lengthy post earlier about how if the guy in the video was innocent he would probably not come forward because people want to convict him for appearing in the back of the video. The man not coming forward doesn’t automatically mean bridge guy is RA. That connection doesn’t connect IMO

BG in the video could also just be another person involved in the crime (like a 20 year old with brown poofy hair like the witness who saw him described) who didn’t come forward as a witness and they didn’t collect evidence that identified him. Or they investigated him already and his name is in their files. Lots of options, not a lot of answers. MOO IMO
RA changed his story, does that not come into the mix at all? A few days after the murders he told DD he was at the trails from 1:30 to 3:30. (verify by him saying he saw the girls that saw him arrive heading towards the Monon High Bridge) Almost 6 years later, when he knew that LE were investigating him, he changed it to, Oh I left at 1:30.

I wonder, maybe he mentions it, lying 6 years later about the time, in any of his 60+ confessions or all the other incriminating statements he's made?

I don't take careful notice of the guy in the photo department giving me my prints. I'm quickly opening the envelope to see the pictures. And imagine how emotional the family was at that time. They are not expecting that the violent killer is handing them the funeral photos.
Yep, and MOO the photos were free to minimize contact.

Last edited:
I’m not really following, but RA said that he left around 1:30 and the girls arrived shortly after so they wouldn’t have run into each other. There were a lot of other people on the trail and the bridge that day.

I already did a lengthy post earlier about how if the guy in the video was innocent he would probably not come forward because people want to convict him for appearing in the back of the video. The man not coming forward doesn’t automatically mean bridge guy is RA. That connection doesn’t connect IMO

BG in the video could also just be another person involved in the crime (like a 20 year old with brown poofy hair like the witness who saw him described) who didn’t come forward as a witness and they didn’t collect evidence that identified him. Or they investigated him already and his name is in their files. Lots of options, not a lot of answers. MOO IMO

Perhaps RA got the time straightened around in one or more of his 61 confessions?

RA changed his story, does that not come into the mix at all? A few days after the murders he told DD he was at the trails from 1:30 to 3:30. (verify by him saying he saw the girls that saw him arrive heading towards the Monon High Bridge) Almost 6 years later, when he knew that LE were investigating him, he changed it to, Oh I left at 1:30.

I wonder, maybe he mentions it, lying 6 years later about the time, in any of his 60+ confessions or all the other incriminating statements he's made?

I can't even remember what I had to eat for lunch each day of last week except that on one day I may have had a sandwich. Maybe or maybe not. Actually, maybe not.

To remember something so specific 6 years later would be really hard going I reckon.

I can't even remember what I had to eat for lunch each day of last week except that on one day I may have had a sandwich. Maybe or maybe not. Actually, maybe not.

To remember something so specific 6 years later would be really hard going I reckon.
But it's different to every day mundanity because it was a big, shocking event.

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard Princess Diana died, even though I have a huge amount of memory loss (trauma related) from my high school years. It stuck, because it was that kind of event.

I imagine most people in Delphi remember a remarkable amount from around the time the girls went missing and were found. This is a town of three thousand people, and the kind of crime that occurs once in a generation in that small a place.

MOO

It's been said in other filings also, someone just posted one very recently and another earlier this afternoon. I believe reference ISP Carter stated very strongly that the guy that you see walking on the bridge is the same guy you hear on the audio. G, DTH. Maybe that poster would be kind enough to link it again? This has been rehashed so much lately. Why are there questions now about this video and audio being from Libby's video? I don't understand?
It’s not just in the PCA. It’s spelled out in detail The Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third Party Records.
Starts on page 123
Description of man and what is on video on pane 124 and 128.
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23863585/delphidocs.pdf

Dan Dulin wrote down that Rick Whiteman said that he was at the trails between 130 and 330. The only information we’ve ever got from RA himself is that he left at 1:30.

I don’t consider this a change of story as there is no proof of DD and RAs conversation to independently confirm what was actually said. I can’t consider any of DDs note as a fact.

Two other people have also confessed to this crime, so we can’t just convict on confessions. Or else the crime would’ve been solved on FEB14 when the first suspect went home and confessed to a family member things that only the killer would know.

MOO

It’s not just in the PCA. It’s spelled out in detail The Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third Party Records.
Starts on page 123
Description of man and what is on video on pane 124 and 128.
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23863585/delphidocs.pdf

Im sorry - I don’t think Im seeing what you’re referring to. Are you able to screenshot and post a photo of what you’re talking about because I am only seeing a copy and paste of the probable cause affidavit?

I reckon so ;)

Dan Dulin wrote down that Rick Whiteman said that he was at the trails between 130 and 330. The only information we’ve ever got from RA himself is that he left at 1:30.

I don’t consider this a change of story as there is no proof of DD and RAs conversation to independently confirm what was actually said. I can’t consider any of DDs note as a fact.

Two other people have also confessed to this crime, so we can’t just convict on confessions. Or else the crime would’ve been solved on FEB14 when the first suspect went home and confessed to a family member things that only the killer would know.

MOO
So you're saying, that Rick Whiteman is not Richard Allen?

But it's different to every day mundanity because it was a big, shocking event.

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard Princess Diana died, even though I have a huge amount of memory loss (trauma related) from my high school years. It stuck, because it was that kind of event.

I imagine most people in Delphi remember a remarkable amount from around the time the girls went missing and were found. This is a town of three thousand people, and the kind of crime that occurs once in a generation in that small a place.

Princess Diana

I remember where I was too and even what I had for breakfast or brunch which was when we heard the announcement that she had officially passed away.

That, however, was a far more significant and worldwide event.

MOO

It doesn’t matter if you or anyone else can’t consider any of DD’s notes as fact. And how do you know the only information from RA is he left at 1:30? Or what if it can be proven he’s lying? This case hasn’t been tried yet so our opinions here aren’t endangering RA in the least, although they might be representative of popular opinion in general.

It was only yesterday iirc when false confessions was the reining topic. Read back if you missed it.

MOO

Princess Diana

I remember where I was too and even what I had for breakfast or brunch which was when we heard the announcement that she had officially passed away.

That, however, was a far more significant and worldwide event.
In a small town, sometimes a local event is more impactful.

I remember a child murder that happened in my town. His body was dumped within sight of my infants school. There's virtually nothing about the crime on the internet, even in newspaper archives, but it was the first time a murder happened so close to me, to another child. It changed me, and I've never forgotten his name, or his face.

Everyone in that town would have known Abby or Libby, or known people who knew them. They would have gone to the same schools, the same churches, the same sports teams. They would have visited Monon High Bridge as teenagers, with their friends, walked the perilous spans, taken pictures.

When it's close, you remember things.

MOO

He remembered correctly when he spoke to the CO shortly after the murders.
MOO people do remember what they were doing on the day such a murder happened.

What ever are you talking about here?

Just joking, RA’s interview with DD was mistaking filed as data under the name Rick Allen Whiteman. Whiteman was the street he lived on. Who or how was involved in that error has never been fully explained. Identifying numbers, can’t remember the name, from his cellphone were also recorded during that interview.

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter if you or anyone else can’t consider any of DD’s notes as fact. And how do you know the only information from RA is he left at 1:30? Or what if it can be proven he’s lying? This case hasn’t been tried yet so our opinions here aren’t endangering RA in the least, although they might be representative of popular opinion in general.

It was only yesterday iirc when false confessions was the reining topic. Read back if you missed it.

MOO
My opinions are just my opinion. They are not facts and should not be taken as such. I am here just to discuss my own opinion of the case based on information that I read in court filings and in court hearing transcripts.

And.. I’m not really following what you’re trying to say here? Are you saying that he was lying in his false confessions? Or that he was falsely confessing when he told DD the time? The train isn’t getting into the station for me here.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back