Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't want to unsuccessfully search for a link, but I remember, that LE (was it DC himself??) said, the girls were doing something incriminating, when BG/RA approached them, and it wouldn't be pleasant, when the parents would have to learn of it at the end.
THAT in mind also, one can't think of a situation, where NOT all played together in some still unknown form: the predator on phone, the possible meeting-point, the possible meeting-time and not least the predator in the form of RA on the bridge. I bet, there are indeed connections, and soon we will see.
I don't recall the implication that the girls were doing anything incriminating, but I do remember from the start LE urging parents to know what their kids were doing online. I think I have that memory right (but it's been years).

I do think the girls went to the bridge because of some online conversation that morning.

However, I also think that's a false lead.

I think it was a crime of opportunity. I also think if the crime didn't happen that day, it's entirely possible RA never would've committed a crime. For some reason, that was the day.

jmo

I think it is not because what these particular attorneys have done, I think it is just that people don't like the defense side in general--because of the nature of their job defending murderers. If you look through the various threads on WS, inevitably there are those who accuse the defense of playing games, of causing more pain and distress to the families of the victims, of lying, of being disrespectful, etc. That is what is occurring in this case, and this is what has happened in numerous other cases, for example, the Alex Murdaugh case, the Barry Morphew case, and the Casey Anthony case. There are more. I will not link posts because it will look like I am targeting individual posters, and I am not, I am just saying that people never like the defense team, and this case is no different. JMO
That is one theory, and I don't entirely disagree - in general, I'd expect more people to have sympathy for the victims vs the alleged perpetrator and their team.

I wanted to speak about TMS and their leanings in particular. MS is led by an attorney and a journalist, and they were both VERY critical of the way JG ran the court, they were VERY critical of the probably cause affidavit, and a few of NML moves in the past. I have been listening to them since the early KAK discovery and I remembered being annoyed at how softly worded all their reporting was towards the accused. If anything they 'anti Defence' (or rather 'mad at the D & the internet sleuths batting for the D') has been a recent development, and seeing how the Pro Defence SM talks about them, tearing their appearance to pieces etc, I can't blame them.

PS: There has been a pro-Defence shift in recent years. 100%, compared to the early 90s and the 'curb all crime, punish everyone,' ppl tend to have more sympathy for convicted criminals. We all witnessed it with the Adnan Syed case (which IMO is a very strong open and shut case), and the few cases popularised by podcasts/netflix, see: Making a Murderer. However, in the past year or two, I see a massive popular switch to pro-conspiracy thinking online/anti P, that's altogether different than the 'maybe this person is innocent' and more 'the LE is bad/wrong as a principle'. See Karen Reid case, Scott Peterson's new fandom etc.

All MOO

Well, yes. We could also say the same for the other 6+ milllion people in the state of Indiana. I'm thinking in smaller circles than that.

Seriously, were you able to find anything else?
Don't get me started on Chadwell. I studied him more than he was worth. I don't think he was BG (though I did at one point).

But I think you meant your question for someone else, not me.

jmo

I don't want to unsuccessfully search for a link, but I remember, that LE (was it DC himself??) said, the girls were doing something incriminating, when BG/RA approached them, and it wouldn't be pleasant, when the parents would have to learn of it at the end.
THAT in mind also, one can't think of a situation, where NOT all played together in some still unknown form: the predator on phone, the possible meeting-point, the possible meeting-time and not least the predator in the form of RA on the bridge. I bet, there are indeed connections, and soon we will see.
I've never heard or seen that rumor. Do you or anyone else have a clue as to where it came from and when? That's a pretty big statement IMO.

JMO

Don't get me started on Chadwell. I studied him more than he was worth. I don't think he was BG (though I did at one point).

But I think you meant your question for someone else, not me.

jmo
No, I meant that for you. I quoted and replied to what you said.

I didn't intend to get you started on anything other than if there is anything that ties these 4 men together as witnesses. Maybe there isn't anything?

No, I meant that for you. I quoted and replied to what you said.

I didn't intend to get you started on anything other than if there is anything that ties these 4 men together as witnesses. Maybe there isn't anything?
I'm not the person who originally posted about the witnesses. I commented on the topic as part of the thread.

I didn't look for anything that ties them together and have no intention or interest in doing so.

jmo

I'm not the person who originally posted about the witnesses. I commented on the topic as part of the thread.

I didn't look for anything that ties them together and have no intention or interest in doing so.

jmo
Thank you. I apologize for quoting you.

Thanks. I searched WS and didn't find any discussion regarding two of the men named; so those were new to me.
I reported my post to see what we are allowed to discuss on WS. I imagine some of these men haven't really been discussed because their connections to the case have been tentative to say the least, but you will find the 3 names popping up in less discerning forums. IMO

Replying to myself for more info for you, but unfortunately the part "girls, incriminating" is still missing.
We’re not going to do that. We’re not going to explain some of the intricate details of the death of Abby and Libby. Unfortunately, one day we’re going to have to, but then that’s going to create a whole other issue with family and friends in the community and the like. So from an investigative standpoint, I’m not going to talk any more about it.
I've never heard or seen that rumor. Do you or anyone else have a clue as to where it came from and when? That's a pretty big statement IMO.

JMO
I just knew, I wouldn't find the one part of an interview, when I would need it the most ...
I swear, I read it (not hearing, because I don't view videos)! ;) I believe, it was DC and in his latest statements and before RA's appearing. - We have to wait for the trial then. It must be part of it.

PS: The term "incriminating" is cemented to my memory and how I was shocked and how I thought about, what someone can incriminatingly do on a bridge at MHB area on a sunny February day.

Last edited:
I admire a good Defense Attorney and think they are an integral part of the Justice System...the balancing of scales. Every Defendant is entitled to a competent and vigorous defense and I've seen that happen in trials here on WS.

What I cannot condone is the degree of unethical behavior, bordering on gross misconduct IMO, of this particular Defense Team. They've played fast and loose from Day 1 and they're the first Defense Attorneys I've taken this immense distrust in. FWIW not all people dislike all Defense Attorneys.

JMO

That is one theory, and I don't entirely disagree - in general, I'd expect more people to have sympathy for the victims vs the alleged perpetrator and their team.

I wanted to speak about TMS and their leanings in particular. MS is led by an attorney and a journalist, and they were both VERY critical of the way JG ran the court, they were VERY critical of the probably cause affidavit, and a few of NML moves in the past. I have been listening to them since the early KAK discovery and I remembered being annoyed at how softly worded all their reporting was towards the accused. If anything they 'anti Defence' (or rather 'mad at the D & the internet sleuths batting for the D') has been a recent development, and seeing how the Pro Defence SM talks about them, tearing their appearance to pieces etc, I can't blame them.

PS: There has been a pro-Defence shift in recent years. 100%, compared to the early 90s and the 'curb all crime, punish everyone,' ppl tend to have more sympathy for convicted criminals. We all witnessed it with the Adnan Syed case (which IMO is a very strong open and shut case), and the few cases popularised by podcasts/netflix, see: Making a Murderer. However, in the past year or two, I see a massive popular switch to pro-conspiracy thinking online/anti P, that's altogether different than the 'maybe this person is innocent' and more 'the LE is bad/wrong as a principle'. See Karen Reid case, Scott Peterson's new fandom etc.

All MOO
Couldn't agree more, TMS in the very beginning were very much leaning towards the Defense side of things IMO. Then as stuff came slowly leaking out and they began to see the actions of the D here, their opinion changed. They've said as much on a couple of their Podcasts.

They still question the State's position on certain things and they also give the other side an opportunity to address the issues that come up. That to me is about as unbiased as any Podcast can be. I think they are more logical and rationale than most.

JMO

YEPPERS !!!

All felons in prison/jail :eek:

Not law abiding citizens that would be trust worthy

It seems that is how the D-team rolls !!
MOO but that appears how the IDOC rolls as well, no? Using felons to “watch” RA. Are they trustworthy? If we’re going to call into question who the D uses in their defense of RA, why not call into question who the IDOC used to suicide watch a man suffering from noted mental illness? MOO

Replying to myself for more info for you, but unfortunately the part "girls, incriminating" is still missing.
We’re not going to do that. We’re not going to explain some of the intricate details of the death of Abby and Libby. Unfortunately, one day we’re going to have to, but then that’s going to create a whole other issue with family and friends in the community and the like. So from an investigative standpoint, I’m not going to talk any more about it.

I just knew, I wouldn't find the one part of an interview, when I would need it the most ...
I swear, I read it (not hearing, because I don't view videos)! ;) I believe, it was DC and in his latest statements and before RA's appearing. - We have to wait for the trial then. It must be part of it.

PS: The term "incriminating" is cemented to my memory and how I was shocked and how I thought about, what someone can incriminatingly do on a bridge at MHB area on a sunny February day.
No worries, I just truly had never heard that. Do you think DC saying "explain some of the intricate details of the death of Abby and Libby" could have meant the details of the brutal crime scene?

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back