ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't the Anthonys stay with family members?

Well, maybe they didn't want the press hassling their relatives? Maybe they wanted alone time to deal with this? Maybe their relatives didn't want them over?

I also don't see why some people have to accuse those who have a different opinion of being friends of the Anthonys. Is everyone supposed to hate them? Do we all have to agree with you or else there's something wrong with us or we have a hidden agenda? I totally agree with Chilly on most things that get posted. I also don't like to jump on the hatred bandwagon.

Finally, if Sharon Rocha had granted an interview and ABC had put her up at the Ritz, people would be saying, "She deserves it, she just lost her daughter and grandbaby."

Well, so did the Anthonys.

Since none of us were there, we can't speak to what their mindset was. So why be angry at them? They aren't even charged with anything. Why is hatred the preferred response over sympathy, or at least tolerance?

To add to this, it seems that all of the family members would have been equally grief stricken at this point in time. Which one of them would have been assigned the task postponing their apprehension and pain to make certain all of the daily needs were being met?

Where meals CAN cost $100. You don't know that THEIRS did.

You don't know what their mindset was.

I routinely eat at high end restaurants while on a wee expense account, and I can always find a very decent meal for <$20.00.

Blaise

With both A's claiming to be quite familiar with the smell of death, I feel they have known since 7-15. While this may seem like it was just another day to them, getting confirmation of what you had long known is still like a kick in the head. This is one of the few actions by the A's during this whole ordeal that I do not find objectionable. I imagine they were stunned and led by the hand from the plane up until they retired for the evening.

ABC is owned by Disney. They have many world class resorts within 3-4 miles of the Ritz. Since Disney is stating how profits are down now, I wonder why they did not keep the money in house? But I digress...

Oh, I don't believe anyone said they did "interface with the other hotel guests". I guess it just strikes some as odd that they had "nothing but the best" on the day their granddaughters body, dumped in a garbage bag in a swamp, was found. Guess the comparison might bother some people. Even if they only ate hamburger and drank water, that's one hamburger and glass of water Caylee will never have. REMEMBER, her SKULL rolled out of that GARBAGE bag and there wasn't any food in it, nor were her bones reclining on a soft, expensive bed.

My opinion only.

I had not realized that family members were expected to starve themselves and sleep on a bed of nails following the death of a loved one. I'll try to remember that next time I attend a funeral followed by a reception.

With both A's claiming to be quite familiar with the smell of death, I feel they have known since 7-15. While this may seem like it was just another day to them, getting confirmation of what you had long known is still like a kick in the head. This is one of the few actions by the A's during this whole ordeal that I do not find objectionable. I imagine they were stunned and led by the hand from the plane up until they retired for the evening.

ABC is owned by Disney. They have many world class resorts within 3-4 miles of the Ritz. Since Disney is stating how profits are down now, I wonder why they did not keep the money in house? But I digress...

If that were my grandbaby, that I loved soooooo much, I wouldn't have stayed at the Ritz. I would have gone, immediatly, not passing go or collecting $200 to where her body was found. Maybe that's just me, or maybe it's just love. Who knows? I couldn't have slept one wink knowing that little body I'd held was a skeleton with the skull rolling free. I would have had nightmare knowing she'd been in a garbage bag in the mud. I couldn't have put any food in my mouth, I would have PUKED. But that's just me.

My opinion only.

If that were my grandbaby, that I loved soooooo much, I wouldn't have stayed at the Ritz. I would have gone, immediatly, not passing go or collecting $200 to where her body was found. Maybe that's just me, or maybe it's just love. Who knows? I couldn't have slept one wink knowing that little body I'd held was a skeleton with the skull rolling free. I would have had nightmare knowing she'd been in a garbage bag in the mud. I couldn't have put any food in my mouth, I would have PUKED. But that's just me.

My opinion only.

Do you know that the Anthony's slept or that they didn't puke? Maybe it's just them too.

Oh, I don't believe anyone said they did "interface with the other hotel guests". I guess it just strikes some as odd that they had "nothing but the best" on the day their granddaughters body, dumped in a garbage bag in a swamp, was found. Guess the comparison might bother some people. Even if they only ate hamburger and drank water, that's one hamburger and glass of water Caylee will never have. REMEMBER, her SKULL rolled out of that GARBAGE bag and there wasn't any food in it, nor were her bones reclining on a soft, expensive bed.

My opinion only.

And if they'd eaten hamburger and a glass of water, the SKULL couldn't have rolled out of that GARBAGE bag? How did where they stayed change reality?

Blaise

And if they'd eaten hamburger and a glass of water, the SKULL couldn't have rolled out of that GARBAGE bag? How did where they stayed change reality?

Blaise

It didn't change reality at all. Could YOU have eaten after knowing your grandbaby's skull and bones were found in a garbage bag in a dump?

My opinion only.

No way in hell LE would have let them go to where the body was found. And wouldn't that have been a trip -- GE, CA, and LA tramping through the crime scene, following by HUNDREDS of reports. Man, this board would have ripped them apart.

Oh wait. We now rip 'em apart because they have too many knickknacks!!

Blaise (Damn them! Have they never heard of Ikea?)

No way in hell LE would have let them go to where the body was found. And wouldn't that have been a trip -- GE, CA, and LA tramping through the crime scene, following by HUNDREDS of reports. Man, this board would have ripped them apart.

Oh wait. We now rip 'em apart because they have too many knickknacks!!

Blaise (Damn them! Have they never heard of Ikea?)

One better: Government mandated design: Only minimalists display proper behavior and well organized coping skills.

It didn't change reality at all. Could YOU have eaten after knowing your grandbaby's skull and bones were found in a garbage bag in a dump?

Lemme tell you a story. And, no, this does not compare to the devastation of having my daughter murder my granddaughter. In 01-03, I read my 16-yr. old daughter's diary, and found out that her father, my husband, had been raping her since she was 12. And, for the first time, in my life, I started taking care of myself, physically. I ate right, that very first night. I took a multi-vitamin. I exercised. And I did this because I knew that the days and months ahead were gonna be long. And hard. And I was gonna have to get through them. And I couldn't do that if I collapsed.

And, that very first night, we had a big family supper. Because there is something so breaking bread together that is so elemental. And I ate.

I guess this doesn't mean I wasn't devastated, heh?

It is mindboggling to me the conditions that we put on another family's grief.

Blaise

To add to this, it seems that all of the family members would have been equally grief stricken at this point in time. Which one of them would have been assigned the task postponing their apprehension and pain to make certain all of the daily needs were being met?

Usually, families huddle together in times of grief, sharing it. Oh! I forgot, this is the A family!

My opinion only

Lemme tell you a story. And, no, this does not compare to the devastation of having my daughter murder my granddaughter. In 01-03, I read my 16-yr. old daughter's diary, and found out that her father, my husband, had been raping her since she was 12. And, for the first time, in my life, I started taking care of myself, physically. I ate right, that very first night. I took a multi-vitamin. I exercised. And I did this because I knew that the days and months ahead were gonna be long. And hard. And I was gonna have to get through them. And I couldn't do that if I collapsed.

And, that very first night, we had a big family supper. Because there is something so breaking bread together that is so elemental. And I ate.

Blaise

Ya know, I can almost relate to what you're saying - almost. Been there, did not do that. I believe you and I MAY be blood related - Blase.

Usually, families huddle together in times of grief, sharing it. Oh! I forgot, this is the A family!

My opinion only

Please Shirley, we've arrived from a long trip on which we received the most horrendous of news, can you fix us some dinner that we probably won't eat?

Blaise

I admire your courage and foresight. :blowkiss:

My opinion only

Um, it was GA, CA, and LA. That is the entire nuclear family. Except for Casey. She was indisposed . . .
Blaise

Blaise

Wow, that's really impressive, Blaise. Good for you, preparing yourself for the fight ahead. Excuse me please because there is no humor in what happened to your daughter, but I picture Rocky pumping up, getting ready to do battle, music and all. Go Blaise! I hope you and your daughter are both coping well and that you knocked that SOB flat on his sorry backside....repeatedly.

It really makes no difference to me where they stayed or what they ate. What I have a problem with is IMO the Anthonys did not just learn their grandbaby was dead, I believe they have known this from the day 911 was called. If they had truly believed that she was alive they would not have sent their PI to the woods 3 weeks earlier to look for her. It is almost like they went about business as usual, meeting with legal counsel, the press, and KFN. CA was not afraid of media attention, she went for a walk and sat outside the hotel with DC where the media could of easily gotten to her if they chose to. So I don't buy the argument that the Ritz was the best place because of privacy.

IMO if they had truly felt all along Caylee was alive and had just learned that there was a huge possiblity that her remains had just been found, they would not have been able to leave the hotel room, go sit in a restaurant and have conversations with people. They would of been in their room falling apart and no true friend would try and coax them out of their rooms for go sit in a restaurant to meet people, they would of picked food up or ordered room service to try and get them to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel