ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Cindy can answer the question of whether she found Folmer's presense to be intrusive or comforting. I don't know who, if anyone, was there to comfort Shirley or if she even wanted anyone to be there. As upset as she might have been, seeing Cindy and George upset may have made things worse for her.
Ya know what, travelling with a virtual stranger across the country is not strange in the least bit. People do it all the time, right? But, WHY was she going WITH them? That is the question that I'd like answered. Only ABC knows.

Only Cindy can answer the question of whether she found Folmer's presense to be intrusive or comforting. I don't know who, if anyone, was there to comfort Shirley or if she even wanted anyone to be there. As upset as she might have been, seeing Cindy and George upset may have made things worse for her.

Yeah, and we know Cindy can't answer anything truthfully...

Ya know what, travelling with a virtual stranger across the country is not strange in the least bit. People do it all the time, right? But, WHY was she going WITH them? That is the question that I'd like answered. Only ABC knows.

Exactly, only ABC (and of course the A's) know. We don't. It could have been a coincidence of timing - the A's may have been making arrangements to do another GMA appearance at the time that Caylee's remains were found.

You may very well be correct and I generally agree with your posts. We can't know for sure. I think the reason that some took offense to the Ritz and Norman's being set up through MB is that it fits the picture some have of the A's. I, for one, can easily imagine CA making demands even at a time like this. "If they don't want to help us, we'll talk with another station. Tell them we want the Ritz, not the Hilton. And tell them we'll be expecting a large dinner for everyone. We'll have Milsteads, Lee, Mallory and George, should we call ____?"

At least I admit the above is pure speculation, while many just make statements of fact as to the circumstances, usually sympathetic to the A's. It may not have happened anything like I suggested but with her personality, it wouldn't be a surprise to many of us to find out it did. And let's not forget, Caylee's remains were not identified at that time. They did not have a similar reaction when LP's divers claimed to find bones in the lake. Yes, they had to go somewhere but was this what was offered or was it demanded or negotiated?

If they were so upset as many assume, why were they surrounding themselves with PR, press and attorneys rather than family or seclusion? I've asked people to leave for much less pressing family circumstances. Is this whom one shares their "grief" with on the 'darkest day of their lives'? Sounds way too much like business as usual and also raises the question if this hasn't been the way it's been going for quite a while on their seemingly never ending media blitz.

Some very decent, compassionate posters, like you did in your post, imo tend to project their own experiences and feelings onto the A's. Also jmo, but the A's are not decent, compassionate people so that projection is going greatly skew things. Just about anything, in a microcosm, can be explained or forgiven. When one considers the totality of the circumstances, however, a true picture emerges. I don't see posters criticizing them for eating; I read it as criticism for continuing to be grasping, greedy, maniuplative people that will even use this "news" of possible remains of their grandchild to further their own agendas. At the Ritz, no less.

Of course, if we were to offer just about any poster here, under similar circumstances, a hotel room whether it be the Ritz or Holiday Inn, when they're distraught and cajoled, they're likely to accept. We may further convince them to have dinner at a place in the hotel, Norman's, Ruby Tuesday, whatever's there. A gathering including their adult children. But would most posters here also have the media, the PI's, the PR person and their attorneys at such a grief stricken gathering?

At the beginning of this case I had a great deal of compassion for the A's. I engaged in arguments in their defense, even with my own mother. It is their actions that eroded that sympathy. For anyone else in their circumstances, yes, I would have a great deal of empathy, compassion, sympathy. I can feel sorrow for the families of other murderers. But the A's are not like other people, imo. I can no longer see them as sympathetic victims; more like victimizers, particularly CA.

Just to clarify: I am in no way at all meaning to imply any negative implication toward any poster who has compassion for the A's. In fact, I think it is their own good nature, morals and experiences that they may be projecting on to the A's who, imo, are very unlike, maybe polar opposites of, those posters who are able to maintain compassion for them.

Sorry to toss all this out at you. Your post caused my thoughts to coalesce but it's something that's been nagging in my subconscious for a while. It's been a long time since they used up their last 'Victim - get out of responsibility free card' with me.

...remember back to the day the indictment was handed down...Casey was in Cindy's car...some reporter was near and Cindy said something like: Just see if you ever get another interview with ME.
Media hound??.....

Ya know, they got themselves into their own legal messes, hence the need for attorneys in the first place. Why would they use their grandaughter's death to bail themselves out? Or the person who killed her? Am I missing something? I've owed attorneys money and paid off my debt myself...got the money from having a JOB. And do we even know what financial arrangements have been made with their own attorneys? As far as Casey is concerned, she's an adult and can be assigned a public defender. They are NOT responsible for paying for her attorney.

You know, IF I went down there today and someone I have never seen in my life
was to point at me and say "she did it", I would need an attorney too.
That is how the system works. As for a public defendant?
I would not want one of them at all, it is a huge hit and miss; I would call a tabloid to get my story out
so I can pay to save my self.
THAT is my absolute opinion of the Legal Aid system.

So let's proceed from here; since they are innocent till proven guilty they do deserve a defense, and if the tabloids want to pay, let them; this is still the USA where options are available.

NO I DO NOT WANT THEM TO PROFIT, and what you may have owed in attorney fees may not have been to the tune of 6 figures. HUGE difference. I am glad you were able to handle your situation.
We can never compare our lives to theirs, or our expenses.

I have a new mantra...no one and I mean no one...should be using the death of a child to make money for ANY reason, especially the defense of the murderer. Yes, it's JMO.

Well then you'd better write off just about every parent of a missing child who is in the public eye as they all have foundations that they take a salary from. These foundations do the most incredible work towards the horrible problem of child predators. The parents that have them include Marc Klaas, Marc Lunsford and so many more, but according to you, we should write them off because no parent of a missing child should be paid to do this work as it's profiting off the death of their child. I think they should absolutely be paid to do this important work. Who better to represent and be a figurehead for this cause than someone who intimately knows the pain and loss of such a tragedy.

Yup, even producers can have hearts.
CW that is right,
It just hurts my heart that people want to tear into the Anthony's at every turn.
There is a huge CASE to worry about.
As I see it, They are still investigating because they do not have a slam dunk,
other wise they would take it to court today.
They still need to put all the pieces together so that CASEY CAN NOT WALK.
I know everything points to Casey but the evidence has to all be factual.
And I pray for Caylees justice.
I also pray for more people with a heart, too many just want to hate, pick, berate, whatever.

Well then you'd better write off just about every parent of a missing child who is in the public eye as they all have foundations that they take a salary from. These foundations do the most incredible work towards the horrible problem of child predators. The parents that have them include Marc Klaas, Marc Lunsford and so many more, but according to you, we should write them off because no parent of a missing child should be paid to do this work as it's profiting off the death of their child. I think they should absolutely be paid to do this important work. Who better to represent and be a figurehead for this cause than someone who intimately knows the pain and loss of such a tragedy.

Near as I can tell, neither of the men have aligned themselves with people of questionable nature, not to mention business practices. There's an entire thread about KFN. I recommend it.

...remember back to the day the indictment was handed down...Casey was in Cindy's car...some reporter was near and Cindy said something like: Just see if you ever get another interview with ME.
Media hound??.....

She did that because she viewed the reporters actions as an invasion of privacy during that time. If someone shoved a mic in my face at such a horrible time I'd cut them and their media outlet off for good as well.

Cindy is not an angel, but not everything she has done is bad yet everyone interprets everything as if it were.

Near as I can tell, neither of the men have aligned themselves with people of questionable nature, not to mention business practices. There's an entire thread about KFN. I recommend it.

They each have their own foundations. The Anthony's have taken steps to this end as well. I can't and won't defend Kidfinders and wish the Anthony's would firmly disalign from them. I do believe that when this happened the leeches descended upon them and it's sometimes hard to tell good from bad when everyone is offering help and you are wrought with grief. I do think that they have enough info now to disalign from Kidfinders and wish they would.

She did that because she viewed the reporters actions as an invasion of privacy during that time. If someone shoved a mic in my face at such a horrible time I'd cut them and their media outlet off for good as well.

Cindy is not an angel, but not everything she has done is bad yet everyone interprets everything as if it were.

I'm confused about how refusing to do an interview makes someone a media hound. Must be one of those backwards things.

CW that is right,
It just hurts my heart that people want to tear into the Anthony's at every turn.
There is a huge CASE to worry about.
As I see it, They are still investigating because they do not have a slam dunk,
other wise they would take it to court today.
They still need to put all the pieces together so that CASEY CAN NOT WALK.
I know everything points to Casey but the evidence has to all be factual.
And I pray for Caylees justice.
I also pray for more people with a heart, too many just want to hate, pick, berate, whatever.

No, we just choose to see things realistically. I don't think it's a good idea to judge us, ya know?

I'm confused about how refusing to do an interview makes someone a media hound. Must be one of those backwards things.
There wasn't a mic Cindy didn't like...it was the reporting she didn't much care for (if it's in reference to what I'm thinking of).

They each have their own foundations. The Anthony's have taken steps to this end as well. I can't and won't defend Kidfinders and wish the Anthony's would firmly disalign from them. I do believe that when this happened the leeches descended upon them and it's sometimes hard to tell good from bad when everyone is offering help and you are wrought with grief. I do think that they have enough info now to disalign from Kidfinders and wish they would.

I wish they would too. I think the people at Kidfinders, as well as a number of other people, took advantage of the A's. Perhaps if the public had been more supportive, the A's wouldn't have been so vulnerable, who knows?

I also think that if I were already suffering from financial difficulties, my granddaughter went missing, my daughter was suspected of murder, I couldn't walk out the door of my home without being attacked by unruly vigilante mobs, and I was about to lose my house, I would gladly and gratefully accept payment for an interview or two, especially when my goal was to get word of my missing granddaughter out to the masses. Imagine if little Caylee had been found alive and had no home to return to. I don't see it as profiting off of Caylee, I see it as surviving FOR Caylee.

No, we just choose to see things realistically. I don't think it's a good idea to judge us, ya know?

The exact same thing could be said for those of us who believe the opposite. And it sounds a bit contradictory for anyone who speaks so harshly about this family in turn complaining that people are judging them. It sounds a bit like "don't judge me for judging."

Do you have a link to her saying this? Do you know this as a fact? If we play by the rules you insist upon, without a link your opinion about what she felt means nothing, you are assuming what she felt.

Ya know, if you read other posts you'll see that some people do defend and agree with Cindy on some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18