ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Anthony's were at the LKL show when Caylee was found and a search warrant
was issued.
LE is all over their house when they got back to Florida, hotel was the best place IMO.
Nobody needs to agree with that, but making an issue of this is mean IMO.
They have a right to help themselves and their child.

WHY anyone would need to make a huge issue of them being at the RITZ
is IMHO unkind, unrealistic, and it hurts my heart to see how mean people can be.

These poor people will be broken hearted for life.
We can not all handle life the same way,
but we sure are ready to jump on people fast enough.

THEY DESERVED a couple of nights with no Paparazzi, no Media, and angry onlookers.
YES THEY ARE HUMAN TOO, and broken people.
And yes tabloids, and TV pay for the legal fees; not everyone can afford legal help,
and if that is what it takes to get help; why is that an issue???
Please do not reply to that question, no answer is the right answer.

Just because they have a mentally unstable daughter does not void them of any rights.
I WISH YOU ALL HAPPINESS AND JOY FROM YOUR CHILDREN.

Then why the press statement about holding hope that it was not Caylee.

Because in my opinion, the Anthonys know a lot of things, they just don't freely admit them.

Though I think all the players are laying low since the TB debacle, I still wonder where she's shopping the story now. Someone is paying for the defense.

Does anyone remember, I don't know if it was a rumor or what I will have to search for the old thread, about the movie with Lifetime concerning this case. ABC/Disney owns 50% of Lifetime.

Sorry to snip your excellent post, but just wanted to save time.
I TOTALLY agree with your post, especially the bolded portion. It's like all people start out at a 10 with me and take themselves down with their actions. The A's are at -5........

You're clearly much more tolerant and compassionate than I to give them that high of a score. :)

You always know a thread will be interesting with a little ChillyWilly present! If it were'nt for the opposing opinions we share and digest this would be just another bashing forum, for which I am proud to say it is not. I have enjoyed this thread more than any thread in a long time because of the polar views shared from RESPECTED fellow WS'rs. I can honestly say that I am one of the biggest A bashers around, but reading the posts can make me look at everything different and once in awhile I actually change my opinion. So Lin your point is well taken and thanks for voicing it.

I agree! This is the first time I stayed with one thread/topic for a couple of days--thankfully didn't get lost again either!

I don't read other forums for the very same reason. It's a good thing to be able to agree to disagree without being bashed. I enjoy reading opinions which differ than mine--and sometimes those posts make me stop and think--a reminder for me not to judge the insignificant. (like where they went or what they ate) I know I've done this too, but I'm learning!

The Anthony's were at the LKL show when Caylee was found and a search warrant was issued - LE is all over their house when they got back to Florida.

WHY anyone would need to make a huge issue of them being at the RITZ is
IMHO unkind, unrealistic, and it hurts my heart to see how mean people can be.
These poor people will be broken hearted for many years to come.

THEY DESERVED a couple of nights with no Paparazzi, media, and angry onlookers.
YES THEY ARE HUMAN TOO.
And yes tabloids, and TV pay for the legal fees; not everyone can afford legal help,

Just because they have a mentally unstable daughter does not void them of any rights.

huh? They were with the media, ABC to be exact.
Wheeling and dealing. imo

Does anyone remember, I don't know if it was a rumor or what I will have to search for the old thread, about the movie with Lifetime concerning this case. ABC/Disney owns 50% of Lifetime.

That was the supposed $500,000. deal right?

The Anthony's were at the LKL show when Caylee was found and a search warrant was issued -
LE is all over their house when they got back to Florida.
They have a right to help themselves and their child. You do not have to agree with that.

WHY anyone would need to make a huge issue of them being at the RITZ or eating good food for a change, is IMHO unkind, unrealistic, and it hurts my heart to see how mean people can be.
I am glad everybody's glass house in in 100% perfect shape, to judge the Anthony's.
These poor people will be broken hearted for life.

THEY DESERVED a couple of nights with no Paparazzi, Media, and angry onlookers.
YES THEY ARE HUMAN TOO. And broken people.

And here's another person who is full of compassion and love for their fellow man. I just wish the A's were more like you, songline. If they acted anything like the personality of your post, they'd have my sympathy, help, even donations.

They didn't get the break from the media though; the media was invited to that business meeting; set it up and paid for it too.

That was the supposed $500,000. deal right?

lol, you caught it first, of course. Yes, wheeling and dealing but IIRC, the Lifetime thing was for 2 million; would have to check the protest petition.

Remember in KC's jail conversation complaining about 'an opportunity was there but not taken advantage of' to get bail money? The dealing has been going on for a long time but either not at first or they weren't settling for a lesser amount just to get her out more quickly.

*snipped*
THEY DESERVED a couple of nights with no Paparazzi, no Media, and angry onlookers.
YES THEY ARE HUMAN TOO, and broken people.

Then why did they sit down to dinner with a member of a national media outlet?

I can only say to you the same thing I just said to Debs--You have a very agreeable way of disagreeing! LOL.

In my post I was trying--unsuccessfully, it seems (More LOL) --to isolate and address only the negative impression some have here about why anyone in the A's situation might choose to go to a hotel, rather than going to their home, and why anyone in their position might decide to have dinner in the chosen hotel's restraurant.

However, you and Debs are both right in that it's pointless and even disengenuous to try to justify an action while ignoring the particular motivations and circumstances that led to it, as well as past behavior of the people involved.

I didn't mean to disagree, exactly. I was just suggesting an alternate explanation. You did illustrate quite well a plausible picture which would be uncannily accurate in most circumstances, imo. I just don't think your good nature and intentions are applicable to the A's.

However, I do disagree that your post was unsuccessful or disingenuous. It successfully showed your abundant compassion, as debs pointed out, and was an honest reflection of your values and experiences. :)

As a PS to an already over-long post and to further clarify:

For an example of what I was trying to explain above, Chilly Willy is a very well liked poster on this forum, even though Chilly Willy frequently expresses opinions diametrically opposed to the majority of posters on a given thread. Chilly Willy seems to have a very good heart and that is recognized by even those that disagree. That a poster has a big enough heart to forgive the A's and defend their actions is not a bad thing. It's just something I don't share. :)

Yeah, Chilly, I went there! ;)

Lin, you're cracking me up. :floorlaugh: I pity the A's, but I cannot stand most of their actions and attitudes, so I do not deserve in any way to be credited with Chilli's boundless compassion for them.

Speaking of Chilly, she has taught me much that is good. She has also given me lots and lots of practice at exercising restraint, rather than firing off incredulous, argumentative replies to many of her posts. Love you, Chilli--disagree with you with you prolly 90% of the time, but love you and respect you. :blowkiss:

Then why did they sit down to dinner with a member of a national media outlet?

Kaitlyn Folmer is a producer for Good Morning America. She does not represent the entire ABC network. Cindy appeared a number of times on GMA. She may have felt close to this woman. According to Folmer, no media deals were discussed over dinner. I don't find it so difficult to believe that Folmer may have felt sympathy for the A's and was there only to offer support. What's wrong with that?

Wow...that goes way back. But, yes, I remember.

Lin, you're cracking me up. :floorlaugh: I pity the A's, but I cannot stand most of their actions and attitudes, so I do not deserve in any way to be credited with Chilli's boundless compassion for them.

Speaking of Chilly, she has taught me much that is good. She has also given me lots and lots of practice at exercising restraint, rather than firing off incredulous, argumentative replies to many of her posts. Love you, Chilli--disagree with you with you prolly 90% of the time, but love you and respect you. :blowkiss:

LOL....only 90%? We're making progress! :crazy:

And here's another person who is full of compassion and love for their fellow man. I just wish the A's were more like you, songline. If they acted anything like the personality of your post, they'd have my sympathy, help, even donations.

They didn't get the break from the media though; the media was invited to that business meeting; set it up and paid for it too.

like I said:

YOUR REPLY meeting with TV: that is not the same as having 100 reporters outside
of your house.
and it is not the same as feeling stalked.
It is a solution however to not having money for a legal defense.
For the entire family.

Kaitlyn Folmer is a producer for Good Morning America. She does not represent the entire ABC network. Cindy appeared a number of times on GMA. She may have felt close to this woman. According to Folmer, no media deals were discussed over dinner. I don't find it so difficult to believe that Folmer may have felt sympathy for the A's and was there only to offer support. What's wrong with that?

My statement about her is true and does not suggest any overarching representation of the entire network. She is a member of a national media outlet. I also stated that no one other than attendees knows what was discussed at the dinner. What's wrong with that?

Now I'm thinking, when did she get there? Or is she from Orlando? Did she fly in from NY to give support to her new friend? That's an awful long way to go to get a meal and show support.

[/B]

like I said:

YOUR REPLY meeting with TV: that is not the same as having 100 reporters outside
of your house.
and it is not the same as feeling stalked.
It is a solution however to not having money for a legal defense.
For the entire family.
I have a new mantra...no one and I mean no one...should be using the death of a child to make money for ANY reason, especially the defense of the murderer. Yes, it's JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs