ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why did they sit down to dinner with a member of a national media outlet?
Like I said: Media pays legal fees, and it is very different that having a lot of reporters on your tail harassing you, camping on your lawn, etc.....
They will have lots of legal bills for each family member. What are they to do?
I have no issue with them talking to the media they select.
I have no issue with them escaping the zoo.
I have no issue with them trying to do the best they possibly can given the card they were dealt.
I am sure that if they can undo all of it they would.
I am sure they too are overwhelmed with it all.
I am sure they wish God would come in their dreams and give them a solution, advise, a course of action.
But they are doing the best they can.
Yes Casey IMHO is mentally ill, dangerous and should not be free.
But we are all being much to hard on the Anthony's.
I said she was sick from the start, I know because I have one of those myself.

Kaitlyn Folmer is a producer for Good Morning America. She does not represent the entire ABC network. Cindy appeared a number of times on GMA. She may have felt close to this woman. According to Folmer, no media deals were discussed over dinner. I don't find it so difficult to believe that Folmer may have felt sympathy for the A's and was there only to offer support. What's wrong with that?

You could be right, but if you are, she's going to have to lie like crazy to ABC, because she spent a couple thousand dollars of ABC's money on those hotel rooms and meals. Right? C'mon, Chilly, tell me I'm right. Just this once? LOL

Now I'm thinking, when did she get there? Or is she from Orlando? Did she fly in from NY to give support to her new friend? That's an awful long way to go to get a meal and show support.

About a billion posts back someone posted that she flew in with them. I haven't seen that verified.

Like I said: Media pays legal fees, and it is very different that having a lot of reporters on your tail harassing you, camping on your lawn, etc.....
They will have lots of legal bills for each family member. What are they to do?
I have no issue with them talking to the media they select.
I have no issue with them escaping the zoo.
I have no issue with them trying to do the best they possibly can given the card they were dealt.
I am sure that if they can undo all of it they would.
I am sure they too are overwhelmed with it all.
I am sure they wish God would come in their dreams and give them a solution, advise, a course of action.
But they are doing the best they can.
Yes Casey IMHO is mentally ill, dangerous and should not be free.
But we are all being much to hard on the Anthony's.

If (as Chilly asks) the ABC rep was moved to be compassionate by her previous interactions with the Anthony's and if, as you suggest, they're only trying to get funds for their defense, why then was ABC "shut out" of any future discussions with the media? It sure does say that at the very least the Anthony's do not care about Folmer in the way Chilly suggests she may feel about them but that the Anthony's were at least willing to be wined and dined on her dime before telling her such.

I have a new mantra...no one and I mean no one...should be using the death of a child to make money for ANY reason, especially the defense of the murderer. Yes, it's JMO.
I like your opinion very much it is aligned with my opinion too. :cool:
I agree about MAKING MONEY part. NO PROFITING .
I hope they can NOT make any money only enough for the legal team.
I DO NOT WISH FOR THEM TO PROFIT AT ALL.
I do think there are huge legal fees that they can never handle for each one of them.

I do think there are huge legal fees that they can never handle for each one of them.

BC is representing the Anthony's for free.

You could be right, but if you are, she's going to have to lie like crazy to ABC, because she spent a couple thousand dollars of ABC's money on those hotel rooms and meals. Right? C'mon, Chilly, tell me I'm right. Just this once? LOL

I don't know why she'd have to lie to ABC, they likely approved the expense beforehand. It's not even a drop in a bucket for them. Did they do it out of the goodness of their hearts? I'm sure they hoped it would pay off for them later, and maybe it will. It was a kind gesture.

Ya know, they got themselves into their own legal messes, hence the need for attorneys in the first place. Why would they use their grandaughter's death to bail themselves out? Or the person who killed her? Am I missing something? I've owed attorneys money and paid off my debt myself...got the money from having a JOB. And do we even know what financial arrangements have been made with their own attorneys? As far as Casey is concerned, she's an adult and can be assigned a public defender. They are NOT responsible for paying for her attorney.

lol, you caught it first, of course. Yes, wheeling and dealing but IIRC, the Lifetime thing was for 2 million; would have to check the protest petition.

I guess that just makes the whole thing 4 times more sickening than the half million I originally thought.

BC is representing the Anthony's for free.
Thanks...I just stated that. I guess everyone is doing everything out of the kindness of their heart. I think I need to move to Florida. It truly is the "sunshine" state.

Supporting and comforting a grieving grandmother is intrusive?
Ah, when you don't really know the person? Maybe she could have spread some love over at SP's house. Seems there was nobody there to comfort a grieving ggma.

I don't know why she'd have to lie to ABC, they likely approved the expense beforehand. It's not even a drop in a bucket for them. Did they do it out of the goodness of their hearts? I'm sure they hoped it would pay off for them later, and maybe it will. It was a kind gesture.

As a former executive producer for a big CBS-owned station, I can tell you with absolute certainty that....

Oh, heck, Chilly, I give up. I don't agree. But I do give up. LOL

If (as Chilly asks) the ABC rep was moved to be compassionate by her previous interactions with the Anthony's and if, as you suggest, they're only trying to get funds for their defense, why then was ABC "shut out" of any future discussions with the media? It sure does say that at the very least the Anthony's do not care about Folmer in the way Chilly suggests she may feel about them but that the Anthony's were at least willing to be wined and dined on her dime before telling her such.
I assume this is the post you are referring to;
Originally Posted by Chilly Willy
Kaitlyn Folmer is a producer for Good Morning America. She does not represent the entire ABC network. Cindy appeared a number of times on GMA. She may have felt close to this woman. According to Folmer, no media deals were discussed over dinner. I don't find it so difficult to believe that Folmer may have felt sympathy for the A's and was there only to offer support. What's wrong with that?

I am confused about what you are asking me:
I do know that media does pay. If this time it was a sympathy visit from the station that too is no reason to judge. IMHO a TV station only doe these things in the interest of getting a story, if not today someday.

Ah, when you don't really know the person? Maybe she could have spread some love over at SP's house. Seems there was nobody there to comfort a grieving ggma.

Only Cindy can answer the question of whether she found Folmer's presense to be intrusive or comforting. I don't know who, if anyone, was there to comfort Shirley or if she even wanted anyone to be there. As upset as she might have been, seeing Cindy and George upset may have made things worse for her.

Thanks...I just stated that. I guess everyone is doing everything out of the kindness of their heart. I think I need to move to Florida. It truly is the "sunshine" state.

I know, right?

I assume this is the post you are referring to;
Originally Posted by Chilly Willy

I am confused about what you are asking me:
I do know that media does pay. If this time it was a sympathy visit from the station that too is no reason to judge.

Yup, even producers can have hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member