DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who aren't sure of the importance of this dig -

Search Will Follow 'Tried And Tested' Method
Updated: 7:35am UK, Monday 02 June 2014

By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent, in Praia da Luz

The new searches in Praia Da Luz by police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCannn will follow tried and tested principles.

Former Metropolitan Police search adviser Keith Farquharson explained to Sky News how the teams will work to try to narrow down the search.

He said: "The investigation team will have done their background work on where they think their suspect will have gone once they had decamped from the scene.

"They will fit that around the profile of the most likely deposition sites for the body, if that is the case.

"They will involve a search adviser who will put together the search plan - then they advise the senior investigating officer that you need to fly over the areas that you want to search. Done - ed

"It will then be analysed to see if there is any ground disturbance or any anomalies from looking down from the air. Done = ed

"The area will be properly mapped with GPS coordinates for each one of those sites.

"Those areas will then be broken into smaller areas or chunks of land, which will be easier to search.

"Then you would send in the ground penetrating radar which will look for anomalies. Done - ed

"It will show anomalies within the earth structure but it won't show a skeleton like an X-ray would - it would just show the anomaly in the ground.

"So that would have to be investigated and the best way to do that initially is victim recovery dogs and the methods they use. Done - ed

"Once they have been through, if they don't find anything then it is decision time for the senior investigating officer - do they want all of those sites dug and physically searched? Yes, apparently they do - ed

"The searching can then be physically done by humans or digging machines can be brought in. Humans are digging today - ed

"When you have finished it, whether or not you have found a body or deposition site, you have got to be able to say hand on heart to the senior investigating officer either 'we have found what we have been looking for, and we have recovered it properly and we haven't compromised any evidence'.

"Or, 'we haven't found it and it definitely isn't there,' which is almost as useful because you are discounting part of that land from that part of the investigation."

The dig would NOT be proceeding UNLESS both the cadaver dogs have alerted, AND GPR indicated something "substantial" as we have already been told.

Oh my Lord they are now digging with PITCHFORKS.............

Madeleine police begin digging in scrubland search

3 hours ago

Police officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have been seen using spades and pitchforks in a cordoned-off area of land in Praia da Luz.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police and South Wales Police joined their Portuguese counterparts in searching the section of scrubland in the Algarve resort.

The British girl was three years old when she went missing in the resort in 2007.

The digging is at this stage small scale, and officers have been seen taking samples of rock and putting them into buckets.

Jon Kay reports from Praia da Luz.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27676136

My guess is that anything there would not be flesh. It would be bones so I bet they are just breaking up the dirt and then going back and shoveling.

Well thank you for confusing the heck outta me...:).

:floorlaugh: I know right ?!

Seems all a bit of a coincidence though,

If it does mean 'British High Court' would explain;

SY's sudden U-Turn.

PJ willing to let SY take the lead in Portugal.

Recent 'slip-up's' by High Ranking officers of the Met.

Unless you were there no one on this thread can say for sure rather the McCann's had time too bury a body or not! Just because madeleine was reported missing at 10 doesn't mean it didn't happen earlier.

Who's confused?

This is the most UNconfusing case since Jonbenet.

They are digging with PITCHFORKS!!!! Why do I find that so....strange?

The search site...

_75241258_madeleine_search_624.jpg

Unless you were there no one on this thread can say for sure rather the McCann's had time too bury a body or not! Just because madeleine was reported missing at 10 doesn't mean it didn't happen earlier.

Yes, that thought has just struck me too while reading something somewhere else on the web ..

What about that says they are not being kept in the loop?
They know what is happening
, I am sure someone is telling them or giving them updates.

They are hoping for good news? Who can blame them?

:facepalm: Ummm ??

I kinda guess the;

"one day we may know what's happening"

Or maybe ;

The McCanns’ Portuguese lawyer, Isabel Duarte,

“It is my belief that police have some very good information to be carrying out ground searches.

"I believe there is *data in the criminal file which has led to this operation because,* if not, police would not be performing this very drastic task."

“Kate and Gerry have not been given any information that Madeleine is dead, and until this happens they have to believe she is still alive.

* data in the criminal file ??? *

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-search-unprecedented-operation-3638457

Maybe the pitchforks are to move out rocks in the ground. JMO

I'm just feeling all sorts of emotions right now.

This is "my" case.

I pray they will find the truth.

^^ Loads of good pic's ^^

Also

° Up to [30 British police are searching hilltop in Praia da Luz on the Algarve

° Search concentrated on area where mystery man was seen carrying a child

Interesting ....

" MailOnline can also reveal Sussex Police has sent an 'experienced search adviser' who also worked on the April Jones probe, which led to the conviction of Mark Bridger, who was jailed for life last year."

Investigators from Scotland Yard are convinced that the English child, then with four and who was on holiday with her parents and twin siblings in the Ocean Club resort, died in Praia da Luz and that her body was buried in a vacant lot.

They admit, however, that the body could have been removed, at a later time, from the location where it was hidden and that it is now possible to detect any clues that were left on the ground.

" CM was able to establish that 40 military GNR officers will be involved in this operation daily.

Among them are elements of the GNR Territorial Detachment of Portimão and dual patrolling teams [binómios] of men and dogs from the GNR Intervention Detachment of Faro."

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/procuram-provas-da-morte-na-luz

Children never stood in the way of their doing what they want to.
Didn't I read somewhere they returned every year to walk around ...around her birthday I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The McCanns were out running together - without the other kids - within days of Maddie's disappearance. There are videos on YouTube in which Gerry mentions that running made them feel more normal and that's why they did it. They made time to run in races too, as I recall - without their other children. Frankly, it's always seemed like a big red flag to me.

I think the first story I ever read about MM had a picture of her mother running down the street.

Thinking that they are using pitchforks for the dig because they would probably cause less damage to anything they may ' hit ", than shovels. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx