Actor Danny Masterson, of 'That 70s Show' charged with raping multiple women *Mistrial 2022* *Retrial 2023 Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yikes

Yikes indeed.

“Dear Ashton, I know the secrets your ‘role model’ keeps for you. Ones that would end you. Did you forget I was there?” Bixler, 43, wrote via her Instagram Stories on September 8, alleging Kutcher, 45, called Masterson, 47, in February 2001 with some sort of nefarious “plan.”

She then shifted her focus to call out Kunis, 40, in her lengthy message. “I pray you begin to process what you experienced as a child on that set. Your old interviews are very telling,” Bixler wrote.

Chrissie is an ex-girlfriend of Danny's and one of his accusors.

I get that. I can't watch Bill Cosby, or Woody Allen. Films produced by Weinstein, bother me as well.

I used to brag (truthfully) that I had Woody Allen's autograph. Never again.

OTOH maybe it'll be valuable someday and I can sell it and donate the money to organizations that support victims of child abuse.

So I didn't know that Ashton and Mila know the victims. That makes this even worse. They clearly stood with Danny.

Having said that I don't want to turn this thread into a hate Ashton/Mila thread. Danny is the abuser. The victims are the victims. This isn't about celebrities. It's about sexual abuse and rape.
This will be a public relations nightmare for them.
I wonder if they thought the letters wouldn’t be made public?

I remember years ago Topher Grace was being reported as being a jerk because he didn't hang out with the cast and he eventually left the show. Looks like Grace knew what he was doing.

Interesting how that turned out, no? He probably feels vindicated. He actually seemed like the most serious actor of the group. I wonder if actors get "bullied" by others on the sets of these sitcom shows? Not all, but it can probably be like any other workplace.

MOD NOTE: Quick reminder that friends and family of a POI/suspect/convicted person are considered victims. Excerpt from Etiquette & Information:

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

lmedo also mentioned that Masterson paid one of his victims nearly $1 million to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which she said “is an awful lot to pay” for an incident you claim never happened.

Love this judge, she calls it like it is and doesn't hold back!

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis wrote letters to the judge who sentenced Danny Masterson for rape. So did the people who portrayed Red and Kitty Forman on "That '70s Show." Also, Billy Baldwin.

Careers are over...what hypocrites Kutcher and Kunis are. Ashton Kutcher is the founder of Thorn, an organization that works to keep children safe from sexual exploitation. Their PR team must have really come down hard on them. What were they thinking ?? Entitled and disgusting...
<modsnip - not an approved source>

JMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was not an approved source>
This was my first thought when I heard that they wrote the letters. I was incredibly shocked and disappointed because Kutcher has done such well-known and respected anti-child rape and trafficking work with Thorn. But to defend an alleged rapist? I do not condone anyone doing that but least of all someone who founded a renowned anti-child rape organization. Sorry to say but I can no longer support them at this point.

I never watched That 70s Show or heard of Danny Masterson before this. I definitely will not be watching now.

From the link - "In a video posted Saturday on Kutcher's Instagram account, the couple addressed how the letters, which were obtained Friday by The Hollywood Reporter, came about.

Masterson's family approached the couple after the actor's conviction in May and asked them to write character letters representing "the person that we knew for 25 years," Kutcher said.

"The letters were not written to question the legitimacy of the judicial system or the validity of the jury's ruling," Kunis said. "We support victims. We have done this historically through work and will continue to do so in the future."

"They were intended for the judge to read, and not to undermine the testimony of the victims, or to retraumatize them in any way," Kutcher said. "We would never want to do that. And we're sorry if that has taken place."

Added Kunis: "Our heart goes out to every single person who has ever been a victim of sexual assault, sexual abuse or rape."

Entirely MOO but this is just damage control and it is extremely disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never watched That 70s Show or heard of Danny Masterson before this. I definitely will not be watching now.
RSBM for focus.

I loved that show.

I was about the same age as the characters during the time period in which the show is set, so a lot of it felt familiar to me. I used to joke that it wasn't a sitcom, it was a documentary. (Although my friends and I never partook in cannabis, as the characters in the show frequently do.)

I thought it was well-acted, well-written comedy with just the right amount of pathos. And the character Masterson played was my favorite.

I might have been able to watch it again after Masterson's conviction, but after so many other cast members wrote those letters, I'll never be able to watch it again.

lmedo also mentioned that Masterson paid one of his victims nearly $1 million to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which she said “is an awful lot to pay” for an incident you claim never happened.

Is there a public copy of this non disclosure agreement available? Really wanna read that.

Has there been any analysis as to what changed between the 2 trials? Was there new evidence? Better prosecution/worse defense?

It seems like the first jury largely believed he was not guilty - especially for counts 1 and 2, while being less sure about count 3. In the second trial he was convicted on counts 1 and 2, with count 3 remaining in doubt.

This was my first thought when I heard that they wrote the letters. I was incredibly shocked and disappointed because Kutcher has done such well-known and respected anti-child rape and trafficking work with Thorn. But to defend an alleged rapist? I do not condone anyone doing that but least of all someone who founded a renowned anti-child rape organization. Sorry to say but I can no longer support them at this point.

From the link - "In a video posted Saturday on Kutcher's Instagram account, the couple addressed how the letters, which were obtained Friday by The Hollywood Reporter, came about.

Masterson's family approached the couple after the actor's conviction in May and asked them to write character letters representing "the person that we knew for 25 years," Kutcher said.

"The letters were not written to question the legitimacy of the judicial system or the validity of the jury's ruling," Kunis said. "We support victims. We have done this historically through work and will continue to do so in the future."

"They were intended for the judge to read, and not to undermine the testimony of the victims, or to retraumatize them in any way," Kutcher said. "We would never want to do that. And we're sorry if that has taken place."

Added Kunis: "Our heart goes out to every single person who has ever been a victim of sexual assault, sexual abuse or rape."

Entirely MOO but this is just damage control and it is extremely disappointing.

I agree with you, just wanted to point out that it's actually even worse because they support a convicted rapist, not just an alleged one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers
Back