Addicted to the Jodi Arias Trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know that I'm addicted to the Jodi Arias trial because:

1) Even though it's been an exceptionally long winter in Michigan, I really don't care. :what:

2) Most days have become "pajama days" unless I'm leaving the house for some reason. :eek:fftobed:

3) I don't answer the phone and let calls go to Voice Mail. If it's DH, I answer with, "Not now, dear. Trial's on." :seeya:

4) DH has been referring to himself as my Sous Chef since I frequently "talk him through" whatever we're having for dinner while I watch live stream and participate in trial discussion. :blowkiss:

5) Every conversation between DH and I somehow relates to the Jodi Arias trial. :eek:

6) I used to pride myself in being an "old fashioned girl" but will no longer use the term to describe myself. :blushing:

7) I've started saying, "Please" whenever I ask DH to do something so that he doesn't accuse me of abuse. :floorlaugh:

:eek: You leave the house?

My DH likes when he is my Sous Chef, that I just call him Sue. :)

I don't. I dare him to call me abusive! :giggle:

:eek: You leave the house?

My DH likes when he is my Sous Chef, that I just call him Sue. :)

I don't. I dare him to call me abusive! :giggle:

Michigan is on Eastern Daylight Time, so trial coverage doesn't start here until 12:30PM - usually later. I run errands in the morning and make darn sure that I'm home by noon to get ready for the trial. :D

You are all absolutely hilarious! :floorlaugh: Thanks for your participation, and :tyou: to Nursebeeme for letting me start this thread.

Almost every tab on my browser is open to articles relating to the trial :D

I'm addicted (read obsessed!!) with this trial because:

I watch it every day and when court is supposed to start I line up my coffee, snacks, have ws open on one tab and wat on another and I'm set!!

I also PVR it on hln because partway through the day I pick up my kids and after that trying to watch is not possible.

At night when I get them to bed I "catch up" both on reading the forum and watching the trial. I also get to fast fwd through HLN's ridiculous 10 minute commercial breaks! (And I hate listening to HLN's talking heads well.. except Beth Karas) so lately my day revolves around this trial lol.

The downfall? Chores!!! I do some stuff in the am before court starts but admittedly I have been avoiding housework to watch the trial. My hubby even commented the other day..uh, haven't done much today huh? Lol, after that I decided to "power clean" in the morning so I don't feel bad about sitting on my butt to watch the trial lol.

Most frustrating are the ridiculous late starts, Fridays off etc. I wish they'd speed things up! At this point we'll still be watching in July! Especially if Nurmi gets back up there. Ugh. I can't wait for the guilty verdict to be read and see the smirk wiped right off Jodi's smug little face!

My boyfriend has been bugging me for 2 weeks about getting a new mattress.

I was sort of procrastinating...

This morning he said this ... "I would rather sleep with Jodi Arias than spend one more night on that crappy old mattress."

It is going to be delivered in about 30 minutes.

Game. Set. Match.

I know I am addicted because even my 3 dogs have started to whine when they hear the name Jodi Arias

I have been painting the entire inside of my house over the past several weeks in order to get it on the market. I move the computer from room to room as I prep & paint so I can listen to the live stream. I time my breaks so they coincide with the sidebars and lunch break, and then I read WS during that time. When the live stream is over for the day, I flip on the TV and finish the painting while listening to HLN. (Yes, I know I am listening to the trial twice.)

I'm addicted (read obsessed!!) with this trial because:

I watch it every day and when court is supposed to start I line up my coffee, snacks, have ws open on one tab and wat on another and I'm set!!

I also PVR it on hln because partway through the day I pick up my kids and after that trying to watch is not possible.

At night when I get them to bed I "catch up" both on reading the forum and watching the trial. I also get to fast fwd through HLN's ridiculous 10 minute commercial breaks! (And I hate listening to HLN's talking heads well.. except Beth Karas) so lately my day revolves around this trial lol.

The downfall? Chores!!! I do some stuff in the am before court starts but admittedly I have been avoiding housework to watch the trial. My hubby even commented the other day..uh, haven't done much today huh? Lol, after that I decided to "power clean" in the morning so I don't feel bad about sitting on my butt to watch the trial lol.

Most frustrating are the ridiculous late starts, Fridays off etc. I wish they'd speed things up! At this point we'll still be watching in July! Especially if Nurmi gets back up there. Ugh. I can't wait for the guilty verdict to be read and see the smirk wiped right off Jodi's smug little face!

Chores???

What is that word...a noun or a verb or what?

I know that I'm addicted to the Jodi Arias trial because:

I find myself TIVO'ing hours of HLN every day; this includes Nancy Bombshell Grace and Jane Shout-it-out-Loud Valez Mitchell. Yikes!

A minimum of housework and cooking have been done here lately.
I think I'm going to have to get a gel cushion for my chair before I develop calluses.
Family thinks I'm nuts.

Because....
I can only watch live streaming on my computer in the sewing room, and I give ALL
my thread bobbins to my three year old grandson to unravel, so I can watch in peace :D

I'm a purchasing manager, so sales people want appt's to come in every day. It took me awhile to figure it out, but now I schedule appt's before, or during lunch times of the trial.
I listen online the rest of the day. Or watch when I can. I work with my 3 brothers, and they all pause when they come in my office, in case I something important is happening. One bro is a lawyer, so he gets all of my WTF questions. Lol.
When this trial is over, I will get way more done than I have lately. I went thru this w FCA. Diff is, our parents winter home is in Phoenix, so they are waiting for me to book a flight and leave at any time. And I just might do it. My luck, I would get there on a day when the DT wastes 8 hours doing zilch. Like today.

Something funny I have to share. Hubby is not into this trial at all and just humors me by sort of listening to me talk about it. I mentioned to him how everyone says Jean Kasaras' name fast and that it sounds like some type of dinosaur, but he wasn't really paying attention. On Friday he actually watched some NG coverage and Jean was filling in for Nancy. Hubby heard Jean introduce herself and he just about fell off the couch laughing. He thought that jinkasaras was a name I was calling her because I thought she looked like a dinosaur or something. I had to find a photo shop picture...

th

Michigan is on Eastern Daylight Time, so trial coverage doesn't start here until 12:30PM - usually later. I run errands in the morning and make darn sure that I'm home by noon to get ready for the trial. :D

OK, BDEyes, I'm in Minnesota, one time zone over, so I hear ya. And as long as it's true confession time, I take my shower during court lunch break, haven't cooked a real meal for about 2 weeks, and am actually getting sick of Pizza, which I usually don't eat. ( I figure it has several food groups, so I'm good)
Then there's my flannels, which I rotate every other day. And I just turn my phone off for most of the day, and turn it on at break times to check for messages. What keeps me hooked in, is that I have not seen someone with such a combination of Mental issues as found in the murderer in action since my stint as a nursing student at the State Hospital. (watching her, she reminds me of a reptile) I'm convinced it is a good vs evil battle we have here, and I'm still enough of an optimist that I believe that GOOD shall win.

For those of us feeling guilty about falling behind on housework, here's a great tip I learned during the CA trial:
About 20 minutes before spouse is due home, grab a bottle of pine sol. Dump that bottle into a paper towel and just swipe it over appropriate surfaces- especially kitchen areas and bathrooms. I find it fools spouse into believing I have been cleaning all day. Also, mix some with a little water and leave that as evidence in a conspicuous area.

Also, helpful is to saute some garlic and dump a can of diced tomatoes in there- now you've also managed to clean and prepare a sumptuous meal in one day.

Evidence of addiction is blurred.

We had a new lady start at work yesterday. She seems competent and friendly, all good. But-last night, whilst I was in the shower, I was trying to plan how to "induct" her to the trial- so much information, characters, plots and subplots, where to start?
(I have faithfully promised the lady who has left that I will let her know what happens!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back