Addicted to the Jodi Arias Trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know Im addicted because I tell family members "Its a yes or no answer" and tell them to "approach". I get laughter from them and that makes me feel de-edified. :floorlaugh:

This is intended to be a "fun" thread with no serious trial discussion. Please share the wild and wacky things that you're doing (scheduling, meal prep, household chores, etc.) as you follow the Jodi Arias trial.

I know that I'm addicted to the Jodi Arias trial because:

Enjoy!

4:07 am here. I'm up cleaning house, so I can be free to watch trial tomorrow. Crazy eh?

OK, BDEyes, I'm in Minnesota, one time zone over, so I hear ya. And as long as it's true confession time, I take my shower during court lunch break, haven't cooked a real meal for about 2 weeks, and am actually getting sick of Pizza, which I usually don't eat. ( I figure it has several food groups, so I'm good)
Then there's my flannels, which I rotate every other day. And I just turn my phone off for most of the day, and turn it on at break times to check for messages. What keeps me hooked in, is that I have not seen someone with such a combination of Mental issues as found in the murderer in action since my stint as a nursing student at the State Hospital. (watching her, she reminds me of a reptile) I'm convinced it is a good vs evil battle we have here, and I'm still enough of an optimist that I believe that GOOD shall win.

O/T Hi neighbor! :seeya:

I am addicted to the Arias trial because yesterday I went into a full blown panic upon arriving home from work to find for some reason I could not connect to websleuths or facebook. After several restores and then reinstalling google chrome I worked it out to be able to log in this morning.

Now work was hella busy yesterday so I missed everything after the hearing on the motion for mistrial & Pros misconduct.

No trial yesterday and no internet last night makes for a very crabby behind gal this morning!!!!!

4:07 am here. I'm up cleaning house, so I can be free to watch trial tomorrow. Crazy eh?

I am on the east coast so I have a little time in the am. I run around like a crazy person until noon. :floorlaugh:

I don't believe I am addicted. I can walk away whenever I want. In fact, it's just a coincidence that I find myself wondering what it would take to convince my 12 year old daughter she'd really prefer to celebrate her 13th birthday when the trial is over, instead of tomorrow...

It can't be that weird to serve birthday cake and ice cream for breakfast, surely. (Not that I'm trying, being 8 hours ahead of Arizona, to fit her birthday around live testimony or anything though. That would make me, um, addicted. And I'm not.)

My boyfriend has been bugging me for 2 weeks about getting a new mattress.

I was sort of procrastinating...

This morning he said this ... "I would rather sleep with Jodi Arias than spend one more night on that crappy old mattress."

It is going to be delivered in about 30 minutes.

Game. Set. Match.

lol!

I <3 this thread and all of the posts in it.

So excited about rebuttal starting today I can hardly stand it! It's like a date! And in that vein, I read of all of you with SOs and kids and I am just giddy with relief that I can be as flat-out selfish with my time as I want to be for this trial and this community. :D

Hells yes my apartment is messy. Hells yes I am in my PJs. Hells yes I have my coffee ready. Hells no I don't answer the phone and can barely reply to texts. Weirdly though I started working out a few days ago and have done it every day since. Don't know what that's about but I'm ok with blaming it on my trial addiction.

I know I'm obsessed/addicted for the following reasons:

First of all, its ALL I talk about and to any and everyone I see. My watching routine goes like this, I use my iPhone to follow the twitter posts from trial watchers inside the courtroom ( wildfortrial, Beth K) I follow the proceedings on my iPad so I can watch commercial free. I have HLN on the TV but on mute and I only turn the volume back on when Beth Karras comes on so I can hear what she has to say, or any commentators I like. My computer is on and I follow the threads here on WS.

I then watch Nancy Grace at night followed by Dr Drew

When my husband comes home from work he enjoys hearing about the trial updates. Most nights our dinners consist of either sandwiches or soups and he doesn't complain. He understands I'm just too busy following the trial, it's very exhausting!!!!!

I keep the trial streaming at werk despite teh fact that I have no external speakers. I do have dictation headphones so I wear those stream the trial and listen to testimony while I work. From all outwards appearances it would appear I am working on transcription.

My coworker (who has external speakers) insists on listening too but she streams wildabouttrial while I stream AZ and they are apparently not streaming at the same rate. So I hear stuff about a half minute before it goes over her stream.

Advantageous because if I have to pull off my headphones and take a call, I can shoot down the hall to her office and I haven't missed as much, lol.

Our bosses are both mystified as to why we are so fascinated with trial watching (listening)

We can't understand their confusion. They are lawyers FGS?!? We work in a law office why on earth is it so shocking we find this stuff interesting (addictive)?

My MIL is convinced I am in a deep depression. Her evidence, my house is sloppy, I am not cooking nearly as much as I normally do, opting instead for fast food. My computer is always on and I am compelled to check the threads frequently for ya'll's thoughts and rants on this case.

So my MIL has taken to coming by in the afternoon before I arrive home from work and cleaning my house, washing laundry etc. She cooks a meal for us every week or so, to save me the trouble, because I am so depressed you understand.

I am addicted enough to not have told her the truth - I am not depressed I am obsessed. If I do, the spiffing up will stop and lawd only knows, I'm not doin it. Not now. Not during trial

BBM
OMG, my sister from another mother! That is EXACTLY how I listen...when people come into my office during trial they automatically assume I'm transcribing something! ROFL

I watch live stream from Perth Australia. It's 12.30 a.m when that starts here, if they start on time...

I saw a lady walking down the street, from behind and immediately thought it was ALV

I live in England

I don't believe I am addicted. I can walk away whenever I want. In fact, it's just a coincidence that I find myself wondering what it would take to convince my 12 year old daughter she'd really prefer to celebrate her 13th birthday when the trial is over, instead of tomorrow...

It can't be that weird to serve birthday cake and ice cream for breakfast, surely. (Not that I'm trying, being 8 hours ahead of Arizona, to fit her birthday around live testimony or anything though. That would make me, um, addicted. And I'm not.)

Nah...you're not addicted. ..just in denial. LOL

Jumping in to say I love the idea of this thread...

I am looking forward to reading back later today after getting some RL stuff done!

Color me a Trial Addict! :blushing:

I watch live stream from Perth Australia. It's 12.30 a.m when that starts here, if they start on time...

WELCOME!! My best friend in the world lives in Perth. Going to be visiting your part of the world in August. Can't wait!! Starting the trail at 12:30 am beats all my addiction claims lol

These posts are hysterical! I think I'm addicted too.

~ Pacific Time Zone...up by 5: "talk" with hubby before he leaves at 7, shower, shop, cook (yeah right), vet, etc to be back by 9:30 in time for the trial not to start, nap during lunch recess, get ready for work during afternoon recess, if Juan's on when I leave house at 4:30 I listen to iphone streaming on seat beside me.

~ Love Monday's. I'm off. Mostly use one Iphone livestreaming, other Iphone on Websleuths....laptop's nearby, but kitty pretty much takes that as she lays on the keypad for warmth.

~ If Juan's on, I'm legs up on the lazy boy (hmmmm...sounds like Jodi) for the duration. Worry a little about getting a DVT.

~ Cleaning Tip: Vacuum tracks on the carpetting say someone been doin' a little work today. Right? Au contraire! I have 2 Roomba robot vacuums...thank you JCPenney.... that come out at noon, usually I'm napping then, and run around up/downstairs leaving nice tracks in the carpet (I have a Scooba too to wash the kitchen floor)

~ Sad addiction confession: unexpectedly,on one of the days JA was on the stand, hubby came home early. I was watching Juan in the same chair, same bed head, same nightgown (now with crumbs & food stains on it) as when he left 6 hours earlier. And the roombas were both running around doing their thing. Thought fast. Put on my sick face. Blamed it on my allergies/Benedryl. He bought it.

~it's 7:40 am Gonna run to walmart , cvs. Whole Foods, back by 9:30 in time to panic until I get my livestream up and probably find out it's starting late again

It's not an addiction - it's my Therapy!

Going through being blindsighted with a sad divorce and the Jodi Show successfully gets my mind off of my situation. Only negative is I missed the last two months of General Hospital, with all the regulars from the 80's

Coming Soon-me getting a life!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back