Addicted to the Jodi Arias Trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jodi's anal sexcapades are now appropriate dinner conversation... Even when we have friends over.

I discovered the Twizzler's bag I keep on my desk was empty yesterday and told my boyfriend that was abusive and that if he did it again ... I would .. "Domestic Violence his azz."

:facepalm:

It's not an addiction - it's my Therapy!

Going through being blindsighted with a sad divorce and the Jodi Show successfully gets my mind off of my situation. Only negative is I missed the last two months of General Hospital, with all the regulars from the 80's

Coming Soon-me getting a life!

Yeah, it's my therapy too. Like my liquor. And my pool boys.

(You'd laugh if u knew the person who just wrote that...sweety, so sorry about your divorce. One foot in front of the other.)

Where to begin? .....
I recognize I have a problem, but only feed my addiction on a daily basis by rearranging my schedule to accommodate said addiction...
I carry my iPad around from room to room listening to the live feed as I try to be a productive member of my family ( have become adept at propping I pad anywhere, be it the laundry room, kitchen, etc) I also have an old laptop that I set up to view WS as I am streaming and get stressed if I fall behind while making dinner etc...time my drink breaks to sidebars or recesses....
.....I have a pervasive sense of anxiety if I so much as miss a minute when answering the door for the pizza delivery guy...and laugh to myself when I think of the inside joke of the UPS man...
.....I have unhealthy word associations with certain food items including specific candies such as Tootsie Pops, Toberelone, Strawberry Frapuccinos , Cinnabons etc.- and I can't even mention tossed salads or cream pies....WARNING: it is not advisable for anyone to consult the Urban Dictionary under any circumstance.... Trust me on this...

I like to throw out certain words like edify, discombobulated and whoredom around...

My search engine has a history which includes, but is not limited to: how old are the seven dwarfs, how does one pronounce Arias, and do hippos really go camping?.....

When I saw KCL on Dr Drew I was so proud, that I turned to my DH and said..."that's one of my peeps!"....he looked at me concerned...to which I replied..."Really, honey- I know her from court!"......

I have the Arizona State Seal ingrained on the back of my eyelids..... And like to pretend I am a judge....ApproacH, sustained, asked and answered, objection relevance....are all phrases I silently acknowledge as pertaining to real life, ordinary situations...
.....my twin and I have ever so many jokes about ...memory problems, riggghtttt etc. that it may appear we have reverted back to our old "twin language" that we shared until we were three...
.....I am a voracious reader and do not have time for novels anymore, though I secretly pretend I am reading them so my family does not know how obsessed I really am...
Oh dear...I could go on and on...that's probably a bad sign there...
So yeah...
My name is Basilcat and I am addicted...

What month is this? I think I pulled myself away from the tv and internet @ the middle of February for a shower.

May be time again. Cats are even avoiding coming near.

ROFL

Where to begin? .....
I recognize I have a problem, but only feed my addiction on a daily basis by rearranging my schedule to accommodate said addiction...
I carry my iPad around from room to room listening to the live feed as I try to be a productive member of my family ( have become adept at propping I pad anywhere, be it the laundry room, kitchen, etc) I also have an old laptop that I set up to view WS as I am streaming and get stressed if I fall behind while making dinner etc...time my drink breaks to sidebars or recesses....
.....I have a pervasive sense of anxiety if I so much as miss a minute when answering the door for the pizza delivery guy...and laugh to myself when I think of the inside joke of the UPS man...
.....I have unhealthy word associations with certain food items including specific candies such as Tootsie Pops, Toberelone, Strawberry Frapuccinos , Cinnabons etc.- and I can't even mention tossed salads or cream pies....WARNING: it is not advisable for anyone to consult the Urban Dictionary under any circumstance.... Trust me on this...

I like to throw out certain words like edify, discombobulated and whoredom around...

My search engine has a history which includes, but is not limited to: how old are the seven dwarfs, how does one pronounce Arias, and do hippos really go camping?.....

When I saw KCL on Dr Drew I was so proud, that I turned to my DH and said..."that's one of my peeps!"....he looked at me concerned...to which I replied..."Really, honey- I know her from court!"......

I have the Arizona State Seal ingrained on the back of my eyelids..... And like to pretend I am a judge....ApproacH, sustained, asked and answered, objection relevance....are all phrases I silently acknowledge as pertaining to real life, ordinary situations...
.....my twin and I have ever so many jokes about ...memory problems, riggghtttt etc. that it may appear we have reverted back to our old "twin language" that we shared until we were three...
.....I am a voracious reader and do not have time for novels anymore, though I secretly pretend I am reading them so my family does not know how obsessed I really am...
Oh dear...I could go on and on...that's probably a bad sign there...
So yeah...
My name is Basilcat and I am addicted...

:floorlaugh:

I took my 7 year old son to get a hair cut this weekend and I guess our news had a snipet about the trial on and my son says (really loudly mind you) HEY MOM! There's your favorite show...you're show is on!!!

I wear headphones and carry around my laptop while cooking and cleaning. I've gotten pretty good at working around the wire. Other day I heard my kids laughing and they tell me I looked like I was playing jump rope with the wire.

The other day picking up my daughter I made them run home so I could get back in time to catch the afternoon session.

Each morning I rush around my house cleaning ( you know that kind of cleaning you can do when an unexpected visitor calls and says they are on their way to see you) so I have time to walk my kiddo to school, exercise, shower, make lunch all before trial starts. If something other then lunch does not get done before it starts I just forget about it. Lunch only gets made b/c this child over here thinks he needs to eat in the middle of the day. :)

Doing their lunch break I call my mom updating her on the notes I took while listening to the trial.

I have a bunch of TV shows piling up on DVR b/c watching this trial I have no time to watch them right now.

And lastly my 5 yr old pretending he was watching something on his learning game ( looks like a laptop) wearing headphones and typing away, saying he is taking notes on a funny show. Guess its good that I have been able to laugh at post here and laugh sarcastically at things being said. He knows I watch something on the computer about a person he says must have been bad ( he came to that by himself from seeing a courtroom and the guard near JA on the screen)

ETA: this post was typed while on elliptical so even while exercising I'm still wanting to read what people are saying.

oh, oh, oh.....and no one gets my duping delight smile when I look at the 3-hole punch on my desk at work!

I was out of town for a month with my mom after my dad's funeral so I couldn't really watch the trial all day and had to stay up late to watch NG and DD after everyone went to bed. I ran down to CVS one day and the checker randomly said she was glad she had the next day off so she could "watch the JA trial ." She was my new BFF in Vegas from that day on!

Instead of asking, "How was your day?" when he gets home, DH now asks, "How's was trial today?" :rocker:

That feeling of excitement when the seal goes up.

:blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

OK, BDEyes, I'm in Minnesota, one time zone over, so I hear ya. And as long as it's true confession time, I take my shower during court lunch break, haven't cooked a real meal for about 2 weeks, and am actually getting sick of Pizza, which I usually don't eat. ( I figure it has several food groups, so I'm good)

Then there's my flannels, which I rotate every other day. And I just turn my phone off for most of the day, and turn it on at break times to check for messages. What keeps me hooked in, is that I have not seen someone with such a combination of Mental issues as found in the murderer in action since my stint as a nursing student at the State Hospital. (watching her, she reminds me of a reptile) I'm convinced it is a good vs evil battle we have here, and I'm still enough of an optimist that I believe that GOOD shall win.

If I shower, it's in the morning :blushing: Court lunch recess is for dinner prep so my sous chef can fix dinner while I continue watching CNN and following WS discussion.

We should have a ceremonial burning of our flannels at the end of the trial :D

Flannels, mental issues, and State Hospital in the same paragraph: Priceless :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

This is bad. My poor husband needs me to drive him to his eye doctor's appointment due to his failing eyesight. I asked him what time and when he said 1:45, I yelled at him "Why would you set it during the trial?" Lord, help me! LOL

I dont shower until after 7:30PM..

I make a week worth of freezer meals on Sunday, and afternoon recess is just enough time to essemble and toss in the oven.

Lunch recess is just enough time to take my kids outside to play without feeling like CPS should be called for neglect.

I get mad when HLN gets backed up on testimony and it runs into Dr. Drew and ruins my whole night.

I threw away my Adele CD because it reminds me of Jodi Arias..

YOu know you are addicted when.....my dad says to my mom (on the day when the ill jury guy left) "one of lexi lost another team member today"!! and I don't even live with my parents :D

While we wait for the trial to start, I went back and read through this entire thread. I am laughing so hard that tears are streaming down my face. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I signed up for a Websleuths account because of the trial. I became voluntarily unemployed in January with the idea that I would take a few months off while looking for a new job...then I got hooked into this and decided I wouldn't seriously start looking until the verdict (ps - I don't get any UE benefits, just want to clarify that)! I plan my day around the trial schedule...don't do errands until after 4:30PM AZ time, and do chores during the lunchbreak.

When the trial's not on I'm watching related videos on Youtube, hanging out with the other Juan devotees on his FB page (it's good to know that I'm not the only one with a huge crush on that man....:blushing: ) and catching up on blogs. I barely watch tv any more except for my faves Dateline and 48 Hours...there's no tv drama that can compare to this trial!

I he told my mom, "lexi lost another team member today" when he heard about the 2nd juror leaving

Hi Sleuthers. :seeya:

My name is Four Eyes and I'm addicted. :whiteflag:
All the reasons everyone mentions ring true. :juggle:

I swore I wouldn't watch any more after OJ. And again after KCA. After this is over I will swear again. How do I know I'm addicted? I lurked here years ago and a friend sent me here to join. :yesss:

I'm an avid gardener. The snow here in WI has finally melted this last week and it's time to pay attention to the yard and garden before Spring gets too far along. But the lawn tractor still has the chains and plow attached. The hose reels are still in the basement and need to be dragged out, the dead plant material needs to be cleaned up and hauled off to the recycling center, but the trailer is still in the garage needing to be repaired since this trial started. But at least I AM feeding our feathered friends...

I'm an avid auto enthusiast. My cars are being neglected. Sure the oil got changed, but the brakes can last a few more weeks and even if they are dirty they can wait until the weekend to get washed. Besides, I don't drive anywhere lately, anyway.

I don't usually watch much TV. But we have a TV by the dining table now, oh, yeah. I even watch HLN THs :crosseyed: and yell at them :furious: until those cutie-patootie WS-faves come on...:crush:

My dual-core computer crashed again a couple weeks ago, too. :computer:

I always drag out the old single-core back up (which runs REAL slow) while getting it fixed, but this time I HAD IT. :banghead: I bought a NEW quad-core fancy-schmany 'puter and have a bunch a windows open to..guess what?

I've made a ton of new friends (some people with mega-big hearts :heartbeat: and skills) and I get to make funny-ha-has all over the interwebs. Plus, I'm learning a lot, albeit slowly...LOL.

But this has to get over soon. I do have a life to get back to...Yeah, I'm addicted....:cool:
:werk:

I know I have a problem because my gf who I complain watches the ID channel too much is complaining about me watching the trial too much. And um.. there's, sort of.. on my laptop a text file with trial notes that's 150 pages long and counting. :angel: And somehow there's also a folder that has over 250 trial screen caps and images, that someone uses for their futile crime scene analysis. My gf doesn't know all about that part. :angel2: I would only share that with my real friends. :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back