Africa - Seychelles Police Probe Deaths of Sisters Annie and Robin Korkki Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In these types of resorts, people are watching.

I was at a four star resort that had quite a few guests. An American woman was iver by the pool, and a worker came and told her it was for guests only. I had no idea how he knew she was not a guest. There is nothing to distinguish gypuests except that we cannuse our room pass to get a beach towel.

The Seychelles resort has few people and many staff. The butler was probably checking if they wanted coffee or breakfast.

Most people in five star resorts do not sleep the day away. Plus, they left early. Plenty of time for sleeping

I don't even like vodka but this is yum.

fb6ed883d456150a8c69c76d375a58a8.jpg

You have to go to Poland to get the good stuff. Perhaps flourish can stop by on her way up?

I've got a bottle of Bison Grass in my freezer from when I went to Krakow, I'll bring it to the party!

Back in my younger, party days, I can tell I would've enjoyed partying with you guys, lol. :drink: :party:

I'm guessing the free standing bungalows would NOT have security cameras. The rich and famous would be too vulnerable to have there privacy recorded. I'm guessing security cameras would be present in common areas, along walkways, entrance to resort etc.

I had an awful thought. These were attractive women. I hope they weren't slipped drugs and the butler didn't come by and take advantage. They're cremated now, but a rape kit to check for semen could have been useful.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I going to go out on limb here and just say these two died from drinking too much. Binge drinking can spike up your BAC to dangerous levels. And for these two sisters, they were skinny, light, and would be severely affected by consuming large amounts of alcohol. A high blood alcohol content (.40%) will kill you. It could be that there was another factor involved such as food poisoning, mixing with meds, etc. But I truly believe that these women would both be alive if they simply chose to drink in moderation.

I going to go out on limb here and just say these two died from drinking too much. Binge drinking can spike up your BAC to dangerous levels. And for these two sisters, they were skinny, light, and would be severely affected by consuming large amounts of alcohol. A high blood alcohol content (.40%) will kill you. It could be that there was another factor involved such as food poisoning, mixing with meds, etc. But I truly believe that these women would both be alive if they simply chose to drink in moderation.

Good point about too much alcohol. Perhaps the drinks were made with a higher proof of alcohol than they were used to. But, the thing I can't figure out, is why both of them died at essentially the same time?

IMHO

I just wonder if it was unusual for the butler to check on them so early, as they had to be helped to their room the night before. It wouldn't have alarmed me if they were still in their room at 8:45, after the heavy partying on the previous day and part of the evening. I would suspect that they may have been hung over and were taking longer than usual to be up and around. What do you guys think? Thanks, Katt

Was it the same butler in the morning? If there are two guys working 12 hour shifts the morning butler might not have known they were brought home drunk the evening before.

I just read the whole thread. Frustrating that we probably will never find out what really happened. The mix of lots of booze and some type of meds they took for whatever reason seems most likely. It was said somewhere they were on anti malaria meds - afaik coupled with heavy drinking they can lead to complications. And if they took anything else on top of that ... painkillers for example .... This is my best guess for now.

Was it the same butler in the morning? If there are two guys working 12 hour shifts the morning butler might not have known they were brought home drunk the evening before.

I just read the whole thread. Frustrating that we probably will never find out what really happened. The mix of lots of booze and some type of meds they took for whatever reason seems most likely. It was said somewhere they were on anti malaria meds - afaik coupled with heavy drinking they can lead to complications. And if they took anything else on top of that ... painkillers for example .... This is my best guess for now.

Seems like the same butler.

Seychelles police spokesperson, Jean Toussaint, said that the women had their own personal butler at the villa, and said they were helped to their room the night before they were found dead.

“What the police can say about the investigation so far is that the two sisters were consuming alcohol throughout the day,” Toussaint said, according Seychelles Nation. “And the last time they were seen drinking alcohol was at around quarter to seven and they were helped to their bedroom by hotel personnel at around 8.15 pm.”

The Today in Seychelles newspaper wrote on Facebook that the women were believed to be drunk after being seen at hotel bars throughout the day.

Toussaint said the sisters’ butler had arrived at the villa the morning of September 22, and noticed their sliding door was locked just as it had been the night before when he had checked. However, he noticed throughout the day that “there was still no movement” from the room and he informed personnel who called police.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/annie...edin-facebook-photos-vacation-cause-of-death/

I am not sure why everyone keeps saying it is odd that they both OD'ed/died at the same time when there have been a number, arguably "numerous", reports of double heroin/ opiate ODs here in the US over the past few months. I have seen reports of at least two within a few miles of where I live.

snipped...
...The cause of pulmonary edema, according to the Mayo Clinic, is usually heart problems, but it can also occur because of “pneumonia, exposure to certain toxins and medications, trauma to the chest wall, and exercise or living at high elevations.”

CBS News points out that Seychelles is not at a high elevation.

Cerebral Edema, or water on the brain, was also listed as a contributing cause of death, KARE reported.

There were no signs of foul play or trauma to the sisters’ bodies, according to CNN.

The autopsy report is vague, one doctor pointed out. "When we see pulmonary edema, it's a non-specific finding you see in lots of different things," Dr. Judy Melinek, an author and forensic medical expert who provides testimony for criminal and civil trials, told the Chicago Tribune. "So if you have an elderly person, it could be from heart failure.”

Poison or drug use could also cause this condition, she added.

...Local authorities said they found medication in the sisters’ rooms, according to Today in Seychelles, but could not confirm whether it had anything to do with their deaths.

Results of toxicology tests are still pending, according to KARE.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/seychelles-sisters-died-water-lungs-160028370.html

The next time you are in New Orleans, find a bar that serves absinthe the correct way. There is one I believe on Decatur. It's a lovely process, but absinthe tastes like gasoline with a hint of licorice. It is the most godawful, thick liquid. I wanted to try it 8 years ago for my 50th birthday. We found "the place", ordered it up, and one sip was all I could muster. That $20 drink was given to the first taker on the street. Hope he enjoyed his "dance with the green fairy".

The next time you are in New Orleans, find a bar that serves absinthe the correct way. There is one I believe on Decatur. It's a lovely process, but absinthe tastes like gasoline with a hint of licorice. It is the most godawful, thick liquid. I wanted to try it 8 years ago for my 50th birthday. We found "the place", ordered it up, and one sip was all I could muster. That $20 drink was given to the first taker on the street. Hope he enjoyed his "dance with the green fairy".

I don't get out much, but thought real absinthe was not available in the US?

I don't get out much, but thought real absinthe was not available in the US?
I don't think it is. for some reason I want to say what the states have now is closer to real than what it used to be but still not the real green fairy. Don't quote me on that though lol

To accommodate all the new people coming to Websleuths because of the docuseries we are moving to a much bigger and faster server.

This is just a reminder that the Websleuths forum will be down starting Wednesday (tomorrow) at 6 PM Eastern. We hope to be back up by Thursday morning.

Members can check for updates on Twitter and Facebook.

Were these two ladies drinking absinthe? Well, you all got me interested in it anyway so I had to do some googling. It appears that it is legal here and it is basically the same thing that is available in other countries. Maybe the ppm of thujone is regulated a little more closely, but it's a negligible difference. At least that's what I'm getting out of it.

http://www.mutineermagazine.com/blo...e-that-is-now-legal-in-the-u-s-real-absinthe/

http://www.wormwoodsociety.org/inde...tems/187-yes-real-absinthe-is-legal-in-the-us

Autopsies revealed in mysterious death of sisters at tropical resort
September 30, 2016

Snipped...

http://nypost.com/2016/09/30/american-sisters-found-dead-at-luxe-resort-had-fluid-in-lungs/

(Anyone see anything more being reported about toxicology? Unless they DID those rapid screenings Pamela mentioned, it could be months to be concluded no? )

It has been over a month since the NYPost article. I check everyday for the toxicology test results and still no word.

Results of toxicology tests are still pending, according to KARE.

Could the toxicology results be sealed?

If anyone reads more on this tragic case please post.

:cow:

Seems like this case has been swept under the carpet, there are no news articles at all from this month

I did find this public FB group but no revelations, waiting for tox reports to come back. I do think it's strange that the family aren't up in arms about it, and that they cremated them so quickly. Perhaps money buys silence.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/519529654911221/?fref=nf

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax