AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

• The alleged survivor of sexual abuse?

Votes: 65 70.7%
  • The alleged rapist?

Votes: 27 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Private schools are known for this. It does matter if someone's grandparent attended a school, even if it was decades ago. That doesn't mean that the college applicant isn't also qualified to attend the school (which is what BK was saying - I don't doubt that he did work hard to get into Yale), but legacy is definitely something admissions notices.

Has it been absolutely confirmed that his grandfather attended? Seems like a strange thing to lie about.

jmo

Can't post links from my phone, but multiple news sources published about Legacy yesterday, even providing his grandfather's full name. Newsweek , for example, which I would hope isn't yet considered a far left wing fake news source?

How do those things (and that is your opinion, not everyone's) equate to dodging an FBI investigation?

BingoBongo, it is this simple. If Kavanaugh wanted the FBI to investigate, he would have told McGahn that he insisted upon having one. One would think he would have done that immediately upon hearing F's accusations, rather than rallying the troops to condemn Feinstein for not asking for an investigation. Which she couldn't make happen, nor could any Senator (in theory). The investigation could have begun 5 minutes after the FBI received Dr. Ford's letter.

Those are the objective facts. The why K didn't is subjective, but I have a pretty strong guess why myself.

I am sorry about the assault. There is so much pain. At least the BK nomination brought issue to forefront; there are way too many victims and it has to stop.
The allegation did once again bring the issue of rape to the foreground, doesn't make the allegation a fact. How many accusations turn out to be false? What is funny is how some choose only to care about allegations against the right, there is far more proof against Keith Ellison including pictures of the victim but the left certainly does not feel that victims pain nor do they care to discuss it. It is my opinion that many of the phony #metoo victims don't help but harm the cause.

BingoBongo, it is this simple. If Kavanaugh wanted the FBI to investigate, he would have told McGahn that he insisted upon having one. One would think he would have done that immediately upon hearing F's accusations, rather than rallying the troops to condemn Feinstein for not asking for an investigation. Which she couldn't make happen, nor could any Senator (in theory). The investigation could have begun 5 minutes after the FBI received Dr. Ford's letter.

Those are the objective facts. The why K didn't is subjective, but I have a pretty strong guess why myself.

Again, how do you come to these conclusions?

Kav had been investigated during the course of his career - SIX times.

Why would anyone request an FBI investigation at the first blush of these allegations? There was no reason to involve the FBI at that point. I would make a guess that even if he had wanted to, his attys. would have advised against it for a number of reason, not having anything to do with his honesty, or complicity.

If Feinstein couldn't request an FBI investigation, what makes you think Kav thought he could??

And honestly, what does it matter if, or if he did not, request an investigation immediately? He's agreed to one now! The lack of his asking says nothing conclusive about his honesty, or lack of.

That is not true. Where are you getting your information re Kavanaugh running from FBI investigation?

I would like to see that link as well. In the hearing he said he has talked to the Fbi...many times and with anyone who wanted to speak with him.

Didnt the republicans on the committee interview him by phone about the allegations and notified the democrats beforehand but none showed up to ask him any questions?

I also would like to see a link where he said he has refused to take a polygraph?

My hubby and I watched all of the hearing testimony from both DF..and JK. He said he would do anything the committee wanted him to do and would continue to cooperate like he has done from the beginning.

Jmo

The allegation did once again bring the issue of rape to the foreground, doesn't make the allegation a fact. How many accusations turn out to be false? What is funny is how some choose only to care about allegations against the right, there is far more proof against Keith Ellison including pictures of the victim but the left certainly does not feel that victims pain nor do they care to discuss it. It is my opinion that many of the phony #metoo victims don't help but harm the cause.

I think a lot of us are very turned off and out about the lack of integrity from the left when it comes to their own team's indiscretions. It says to me that this isn't a truth seeking mission on their part but more of a let's sink the GOP ship at all costs party.

First of all, the Democrats know that only Trump can make the nomination so if BK doesn't get nominated Trump will nominate another candidate. Hopefully the next candidate won't have so much baggage( BK has a lot of history that has nothing to do with sexual assault allegations)

I do not believe for one second that the Dems have an "agenda"-- i am not big on conspiracy theories--- if it turns out that the events did not occur, or she was wrong about the young man that allegedly assaulted her, i think it would have more to do with her faulty memory: it could also be that a therapist put an idea in her mind, like that of repressed memories or some such thing:
The agenda is obvious, do and say anything to delay and hopefully prevent another Trump nominee from getting on the bench. This entire issue is not about Kavanaugh it is about who nominated him, the left is hoping they will do well in the midterms and have the presidency in 2020. Nothing will come out of this FBI report but it won't stop the left from bringing up another issue.

No there are not pictures. Even Karen said that the pictures are not of her. Keith has asked for investigations by a couple entities.

Again, how do you come to these conclusions?

Kav had been investigated during the course of his career - SIX times.

Why would anyone request an FBI investigation at the first blush of these allegations? There was no reason to involve the FBI at that point. I would make a guess that even if he had wanted to, his attys. would have advised against it for a number of reason, not having anything to do with his honesty, or complicity.

If Feinstein couldn't request an FBI investigation, what makes you think Kav thought he could??

And honestly, what does it matter if, or if he did not, request an investigation immediately? He's agreed to one now! The lack of his asking says nothing conclusive about his honesty, or lack of.

An investigation into allegations that could destroy his nomination -- and all of DC knew of the allegations way before a hearing was discussed- is not the same thing as having had routine FBI background checks before, however many. I'd be interested, actually, in knowing what was in those prior checks. His drinking may well have been part of what is there. The FBI doesn't make conclusions.. remember?

And, of course Kavanaugh could ask his WH handlers to open an investigation. McGahn would have insisted upon one anyway, immediately, if he thought what could be found would discredit Ford, not K.

The fact remains, NO, K has NOT asked to be interviewed by the FBI, or insisted on a fuller investigation, etc . etc. And contrary to hopeful earlier reports today, no, the WH still seems to be insisting the FBI keep away from K.

I'm all for discussing & arguing about virtually anything, but not basic, objective, demonstrable facts. The sky is blue, no matter how many say it is bright yellow....

Last edited:
Some of us here (many of us?) do not see the Kavanaugh issue as a political thing. It is a matter of truthfulness.

To me, Kavanaugh came off as rude, overly angry and untruthful at times during his testimony. That, and further research on him since then has caused me to believe that he should not sit on the Supreme Court.

I realize that Trump will pick a conservative. But this particular conservative seems to have too many flaws. Plus, the man has never conducted a full trial! (This info is in an American Bar Association report about him.)

The agenda is obvious, do and say anything to delay and hopefully prevent another Trump nominee from getting on the bench. This entire issue is not about Kavanaugh it is about who nominated him, the left is hoping they will do well in the midterms and have the presidency in 2020. Nothing will come out of this FBI report but it won't stop the left from bringing up another issue.
It's a sure thing that politicians are going to know when upcoming elections are and play to them. Always have, always will.

So that's why it's all the more strange to me that this particular candidate was nominated at this particular time. He's young. He could be nominated in the future, when there weren't high-stakes midterm elections looming ahead.

Certainly a more acceptable candidate could have been nominated now. But a more acceptable candidate wasn't nominated. Instead, BK was nominated and it riles everyone up, which makes me wonder if that was the idea all along.

jmo

I don't understand your point, then, about Legacy being irrelevant. Legacy doesn't require connections. That's the very definition of it. Grandpa went to Yale, which means admissions will either accept me automatically, or advance me to the top of the list.

In K's case, I think this is another one of his half truths. And a needless one, like so many others.

I think he would have been admitted without being Legacy (his HS record, & Yale accepted 4x the freshmen then than they now do), but he did in fact have the advantage of being Legacy.

He seems to have believed acknowledging Legacy at Yale would minimize his HS achievements & record, perhaps....
That is NOT the way the legacy system works at Yale.A simple google search shows it is only an advantage if all other admission requirements are met such as excellent SAT, GPA and achievements. JMO

I don't understand your point, then, about Legacy being irrelevant. Legacy doesn't require connections. That's the very definition of it. Grandpa went to Yale, which means admissions will either accept me automatically, or advance me to the top of the list.

In K's case, I think this is another one of his half truths. And a needless one, like so many others.

I think he would have been admitted without being Legacy (his HS record, & Yale accepted 4x the freshmen then than they now do), but he did in fact have the advantage of being Legacy.

He seems to have believed acknowledging Legacy at Yale would minimize his HS achievements & record, perhaps....
I think that this legacy issue is so minor that it is meaningless to me.

That is NOT the way the legacy system works at Yale.A simple google search shows it is only an advantage if all other admission requirements are met such as excellent SAT, GPA and achievements. JMO

There is what is written as policy, then there is the real world. Which is why, for instance, there is currently a lawsuit pending about Harvard's admission policies. ;)

I am concerned about the Ellison allegations, any allegations of violence toward women. I understand there is an investigation of Ellison.
Democratic female senators pushed out Al Franken last year over less. I was critical of Bill Clinton perjury, unacceptable as president. Now I think the issue is perjury, not acceptable for any judge, certainly not Supreme Court. Flake and Susan Collins concerned about perjury also. Dems will have to investigate later if FBI doesn't fully investigate now

Some of us here (many of us?) do not see the Kavanaugh issue as a political thing. It is a matter of truthfulness.

To me, Kavanaugh came off as rude, overly angry and untruthful at times during his testimony. That, and further research on him since then has caused me to believe that he should not sit on the Supreme Court.

I realize that Trump will pick a conservative. But this particular conservative seems to have too many flaws. Plus, the man has never conducted a full trial! (This info is in an American Bar Association report about him.)
I can't find where the ABA reported that Kavanaugh never conducted a full trial.

I did find this.

ABA committee gives Kavanaugh a well-qualified rating

The ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary on Friday gave its highest rating of well-qualified to Kavanaugh, a 53-year-old judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

ABA committee gives Kavanaugh a well-qualified rating

How do you explain confirmation of Gorsuch, who had no allegations of assault or perjury. Do you think the country should ignore questions of assault or perjury? I did see a poll that large numbers of GOP are OK even if BK guilty of assault. Family values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@