AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

• The alleged survivor of sexual abuse?

Votes: 65 70.7%
  • The alleged rapist?

Votes: 27 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is NOT the way the legacy system works at Yale.A simple google search shows it is only an advantage if all other admission requirements are met such as excellent SAT, GPA and achievements. JMO
Students applying to Yale have excellent SAT, GPA, and achievements. The legacy factor is what can get you in.

It's not a minor thing.

jmo

Not only did I feel the sincerity and anguish in her testimony, but what really solidified my feeling is when he referred to 'this thing'. Sexual assault is just that...not 'this thing'. I wonder if any of his loved ones were ever sexually assaulted if he would refer to it as 'this thing'.
I thought it was strange that she referred to it as an event.

I can't find where the ABA reported that Kavanaugh never conducted a full trial.

I did find this.

ABA committee gives Kavanaugh a well-qualified rating

ABA committee gives Kavanaugh a well-qualified rating

It was during the next review after the "Well Qualified" one. They downgraded him to "Qualified" and discussed reasons why.

This link discusses the prior downgrade and some but not all of the concerns:
ABA had concerns about Kavanaugh 12 years ago

The doc I read was the actual ABA report. It mentioned that he had never tried a case to verdict on his own.

Last edited:
Students applying to Yale have excellent SAT, GPA, and achievements. The legacy factor is what can get you in.

It's not a minor thing.

jmo
Replying to my own quote. But just to be clear - I do think BK was truthful when he said he worked his butt off to get into Yale. It wasn't the most eloquent way to phrase it, but I believe him on that point.

jmo

When does a person who has no proof to back up her claims get this far with her accusations?

And, to top it off, it was 36 years ago.

While on the other hand, who has a calendar from 36 years ago detailing their activities? Really??

Maybe the FBI could start with one of the other notations on Kavanaugh’s calendar in checking the accuracy of it.
I think the FBI should ask her to give them access to her texts and social media accounts, I think that would show if there were any ulterior motives.

The news on this issue is so incredibly inconsistent and slanted from MSNBC, CNN, and Fox news. Is any news station actually impartial any longer?

I like PBS for straight news. Also the local networks world news tend to give the synopsis of the facts.

But I rely on any number of the standard bearer newspapers or periodicals for in depth. They delineate clearly what is factual news and what is opinion.

Cable networks have much more opinion round tables. But I think you have to toggle back and forth. We know Fox is trump's channel. It's very informative.

Growing up before cable, before a 24/7 news cycle, and certainly now with constant streaming Internet news, I think we had more time to absorb news. It can get quite dizzying at this pace.

Right now, I am not particularly caught up in tracking the current FBI investigation, who is on the interview list and when. And we'll know by Friday. Unless there's a bombshell. Been a lot of those last few years.

--jmo

I would like to repeat...

Anytime someone touches you in a sexual way, without your consent, it is sexual assault. It is NEVER, EVER, EVER ok to touch someone in a sexual way if they do not want to be touched.

Keep your hands and parts off of people unless they want them there.

It has NEVER been ok to touch anyone in a sexual way when they didn't want to be touched in that way. NEVER in history. It has never been ok.

Groping someone against their will is sexual assault.

Do not grope people that do not want to be groped. It is sexual assault.
I was thinking about this, someone has to make the first move. If you're "making out" and someone starts to get handsy, I would consider it an assault if they didn't stop when the other person told them too.

I am concerned about the Ellison allegations, any allegations of violence toward women. I understand there is an investigation of Ellison.
Democratic female senators pushed out Al Franken last year over less. I was critical of Bill Clinton perjury, unacceptable as president. Now I think the issue is perjury, not acceptable for any judge, certainly not Supreme Court. Flake and Susan Collins concerned about perjury also. Dems will have to investigate later if FBI doesn't fully investigate now

Ellison versus Kavanaugh is apples versus oranges, in nearly every way. I was concerned when I first heard the allegations as well, and read a great deal about them.

That info is easy to find online, but one cut to the chase is that she has swore she had proof, but never produced it to investigators, multiple folks state that she was in fact abusive to him, not the other way around, that she was furious when he ended
the relationship, etc etc etc.

Plenty of peeps were angry with her,not because she accused a "liberal" star, but because she presented her dysfunctional, gone bad, bad breakup so what story explicity as a MeToo story, herself the "victim."

Did this "well laid plan" include Dr Ford telling her husband and therapist about assault years ago? That is long term planning!
I'm against this candidate as I think he's unfit to be on the SC, but I do think the dems were ready to oppose him for years. I think perhaps BK was promised this nomination years ago and now was his time. He wasn't a surprise candidate.

Ford took essentially a lifetime to tell her story. Would she have told it early if she thought it was important to do so? Well, it's impossible to go back in time to answer that. I think the issue of BK being on the SC was a big enough issue that she was ready now to come forward with her allegations.

But the dems would've fought BK even without Ford. This isn't all about Ford.

jmo

Legacy admission especially legacy with donations is how the swamp stays swampy.

Very meaningful to the wealthy and well connected.

imo
If there is any evidence that happened to Kavanaugh I will change my meaningless to slightly meaningful.

I am sure of it. I added link to my other post. Will look for original ABA document that said this.
You're sure of what? You quoted my post to someone else about something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms