AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

• The alleged survivor of sexual abuse?

Votes: 65 70.7%
  • The alleged rapist?

Votes: 27 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.

Kavanaugh's Yale classmates who dispute his statements on drinking and sexual misconduct want to talk to the FBI but are reportedly being ignored

An attorney for Elizabeth Rasor, a college girlfriend of Judge's who has alleged he once told her that he and other boys took turns having sex with a drunk woman during high school, told The New Yorker that she had "received no substantive response" from the FBI after making Rasor's desire to speak with the FBI clear to both the bureau and the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The FBI reportedly plans to interview four witnesses. In addition to Judge and Ramirez, it is likely to speak with two people Ford says were at the 1982 party: Leland Keyser, a friend of Ford's, and P.J. Smyth, a friend of Kavanaugh's. The bureau is not speaking with Swetnick directly about her allegations.

A former Yale classmate of Kavanaugh's who told The New Yorker he was "100% certain" he heard about an incident nearly identical to Ramirez's allegation described being essentially ignored when he asked to provide his account to the FBI in recent days. The classmate said he ultimately submitted a tip to the agency through an online portal after being told to call an 800-number tip line.

A few other former Yale classmates have come forward since Thursday's hearing to contradict Kavanaugh's characterization of his college drinking habits.​

I have very little confidence in this McGahn-directed “investigation.” I truly hope I’m wrong. MOO.

I don't know if Ford is lying but giving her lack of memory on every detail but then claims she is 100% positive Kavanaugh is the perp makes me wonder if her memory was prodded by an agenda to stop any appointee to the bench from Trump. Something may have happened but beyond that I don't buy it. I believe Ford should be part of the FBI investigation.

The factual timeline says otherwise, and the fact is that Ford has wanted, even demanded, to be interviewed by the FBI, before during, and after the hearing. It is K who has run away from being interviewed by the FBI, not Ford.

Although:

WASHINGTON — The White House has authorized the F.B.I. to expand its abbreviated investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh by interviewing anyone it deems necessary as long the review is finished by the end of the week, two people briefed on the matter said on Monday.

The new directive came in the past 24 hours after a backlash from Democrats, who criticized the White House for limiting the scope of the bureau’s investigation into President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court. The F.B.I. has already completed interviews with the four witnesses its agents were originally asked to talk to, the people said.

White House Tells F.B.I. to Interview Anyone Necessary for Kavanaugh Inquiry

Snipped & bolded by me.

I don't understand what you're saying, but it appears as if you're saying you're okay with a SC justice who disregards another's rights as long as he didn't actually commit a crime.

That appears what you're saying, but I'm hoping that is not true. Please clarify. Thanks.

jmo

<modsnip>

I was replying to another's post about narcissism, sociopathy, psychopathy.

My response was that not everyone who is diagnosed as a sociopahth (technical "Antisocial Personality Disorder") is prone to, or capable of, criminal behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:

'Believing' someone after the fact is not supporting evidence of the claim made. Not in this case or any other one.

Many 'believed ' the Duke Lacrosse accuser was telling the truth even the DA.

Many right here have 'believed' a particular person was guilty of being involved in a murder even though in the end their 'beliefs' were incorrect.

LK did not support her claim that she was there at the time. In fact she said she was never at any party where BK was ever present. Her belief of her friend 36 years later is understandable since anyone can believe something even if they don't have any true facts to support such beliefs.

Imo

That's a working theory, IMO.

I felt the professor was holding something back when she didn't want to expose her boyfriend's name. He was the one who introduced her to BK? Right? She wanted to protect that person's identity. It might also explain the vagueness of what happened next?

She wanted the FBI to look into it. From the beginning. I think she felt ok, I'm dragging myself through hell but don't want to unnecessarily drag other innocent individuals through it, too.

This means she has contacted no one except her GF from this group over the years? But in the hope that the FBI would investigate the truth would come out, or at least the missing part?

Also, where was her life at after this event? That kind of terrifying attack changes you, as she said. Did she go back to the club, and continue her diving that summer? Who were her friends going forward?

Her visceral reaction to terms of not testifying with Kavanaugh in the room and visa versa, not watching his testimony (misc news report next day), kind of speaks to the, I don't know, terror and the disappointment she must have felt that summer. You are having a fun time with friends and someone in your peer group does something like that. It messes with your whole dynamic circle of friends. It messes with your life.

Holton friends have said she was a changed person in fall 1982- far less outgoing, less sociable, and that she seemingly abruptly stopped going to what had been regular weekend " parties." Telling.

Even 36 years on & with a stellar academic & professional career accomplished, what I saw at that hearing was a hard- core people pleaser.

I can imagine how that expressed itself at 15, and how vulnerable that would have made her in general, but especially to hard- partying teenage boys. Who, just perhaps, saw her as more fair & easy game than the Catholic school girls?

I can also imagine how impossibly unbearable it would have been, if true, to have Squi drive her home that night, Squi the good friend of K, and only short-term BF to her, and how would she possibly have been able or willing to tell Squi what had happened, what his good friends had just done to her? She wouldn't have.

Any if that whole scenario is true, can you imagine being Squi right now?

The factual timeline says otherwise, and the fact is that Ford has wanted, even demanded, to be interviewed by the FBI, before during, and after the hearing. It is K who has run away from being interviewed by the FBI, not Ford.

That is not true. Where are you getting your information re Kavanaugh running from FBI investigation?

Kavanaugh Said He Had 'No Connections' to Yale. He Was, in Fact, a Legacy Student
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh said underoath that he had “no connections” to Yale prior to attending, arguing that hard work and ambition were the sole factors leading him to study at the prestigious institution of higher education.

However, that statement is verifiably untrue. In fact, Kavanaugh would be classified as a legacy student, because his grandfather Everett Edward Kavanaugh also attended Yale as an undergraduate student, The Intercept reported on Saturday, sharing an image of a 1928 yearbook.

The liberal media is grasping at straws. So what if his grandfather went to Yale. He didn't have any connections during the time period he was talking about. 1928? GMAB.

Kavanaugh said he had "no connections" to Yale. He was, in fact, a legacy student

Although:

WASHINGTON — The White House has authorized the F.B.I. to expand its abbreviated investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh by interviewing anyone it deems necessary as long the review is finished by the end of the week, two people briefed on the matter said on Monday.

The new directive came in the past 24 hours after a backlash from Democrats, who criticized the White House for limiting the scope of the bureau’s investigation into President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court. The F.B.I. has already completed interviews with the four witnesses its agents were originally asked to talk to, the people said.

White House Tells F.B.I. to Interview Anyone Necessary for Kavanaugh Inquiry

Good news, if true & acted upon.

Dear FBI: please put Timmy & Squi on your list of interviewees. :D

'Believing' someone after the fact is not supporting evidence of the claim made. Not in this case or any other one.

Many 'believed ' the Duke Lacrosse accuser was telling the truth even the DA.

Many right here have 'believed' a particular person was guilty of being involved in a murder even though in the end their 'beliefs' were incorrect.

LK did not support her claim that she was there at the time. In fact she said she was never at any party where BK was ever present. Her belief of her friend 36 years later is understandable since anyone can believe something even if they don't have any true facts to support such beliefs.

Imo
Her good friends denial is a major blow to Dr Ford's credibility in my opinion.

<modsnip>

I was replying to another's post about narcissism, sociopathy, psychopathy.

My response was that not everyone who is diagnosed as a sociopahth (technical "Antisocial Personality Disorder") is prone to, or capable of, criminal behavior.

<modsnip>

I still don't understand why you would write that sentence in a conversation about BK as it gives a confusing impression. Thanks for the clarification - seems as though it is a tangent conversation, and I'm not going to pursue it.

<modsnip> I've followed the coverage and find him unqualified. I make no apologies for not liking this candidate.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
were talking about an affluent bunch of kids I would assume --

Actually
She is also just as sure her close friend..LK... was there. I am sure she 100 percent believes that was also true as well or she wouldn't have ever dragged her close dear friend into this.

Yet her very close friend who has no motive to lie said it never happened. Not only that but she stated she was never at any party with or without DF where BK.. was present.

So it does make some pause.. whether some like it or not ...that is a major memory flaw. If she is incorrect about LK..being there then has she misrembered other pertinent events?

I do firmly believe if LK..had actually been present she would definitely remember the time when her close friend Chrissy went upstairs at a party (Any party)..when she never saw Chrissy come back down stairs again at all that night and totally disappeared without any explanation.

Jmo

It sounds like they went to many parties. Kids of that age are thinking about themselves and not worried about their friends.

Women friends of mine are revealing their rapes of fifty years ago. We never knew and they never told anyone.

Typically, even having a great grandfather who attended an Ivy makes one eligible to rate as Legacy.
Yes. Private schools are known for this. It does matter if someone's grandparent attended a school, even if it was decades ago. That doesn't mean that the college applicant isn't also qualified to attend the school (which is what BK was saying - I don't doubt that he did work hard to get into Yale), but legacy is definitely something admissions notices.

Has it been absolutely confirmed that his grandfather attended? Seems like a strange thing to lie about.

jmo

I know. It's in the article I linked.
I don't understand your point, then, about Legacy being irrelevant. Legacy doesn't require connections. That's the very definition of it. Grandpa went to Yale, which means admissions will either accept me automatically, or advance me to the top of the list.

In K's case, I think this is another one of his half truths. And a needless one, like so many others.

I think he would have been admitted without being Legacy (his HS record, & Yale accepted 4x the freshmen then than they now do), but he did in fact have the advantage of being Legacy.

He seems to have believed acknowledging Legacy at Yale would minimize his HS achievements & record, perhaps....

I think Republicans will hold the Senate. I hope BK is withdrawn as a nominee as a majority of Americans disapprove of him for various reasons. He is too partisan with ties to Bush administration and Trump has refused to release these records. More and more is coming out every day: now it looks like he overruled release of a GOP operative's record therefore blocking an ethics investigation.
I hope a quality candidate like Gorsuch or Roberts can be put forward.

Let us go reaaaaaaaaaaally wild. How about a.......woman!

Umm. .....his actions - and lack of action- and clumsy repeated dodging of that direct question- - speak for themselves.

How do those things (and that is your opinion, not everyone's) equate to dodging an FBI investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955