aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear a lot of people discussing the victim impact statements. IMO, the trial won't even get to that point. JA runs the show, and that includes how she dies. She does NOT want to hear from his family or give them the satisfaction of speaking on his behalf. Wednesday will probably consist of the judge telling us she's waived the last two phases, and requests the death penalty. Of course, JA loves to hear the sound of her own voice; so who knows?!

That JA support site is horrible. I wish I didn't click on it...

i've been on the receiving end of what DAs do. the victim is re-victimized by the process. i was embarrassed and humiliated in a courtroom full of strangers for being RAPED by a stranger----a cab driver who picked me up to go to work when my car wouldn't start. that's all i did 'wrong.'

this is what's done in the name of protecting the rights of the accused. i get that they deserve a defense. nobody's disputing that. but i don't really think the intent of the system was ever to just make chit up and malign someone who's been hurt or killed, in order to get the defendant off.

i know PERSONALLY how it feels. and until you've been there, or someone you love has been there, you really don't know what it's like.

respectfully!!

(((Kscornfed))), I had to give you a big hug.

I admire your courage and strength more than I can say!

i've been on the receiving end of what DAs do. the victim is re-victimized by the process. i was embarrassed and humiliated in a courtroom full of strangers for being RAPED by a stranger----a cab driver who picked me up to go to work when my car wouldn't start. that's all i did 'wrong.'

this is what's done in the name of protecting the rights of the accused. i get that they deserve a defense. nobody's disputing that. but i don't really think the intent of the system was ever to just make chit up and malign someone who's been hurt or killed, in order to get the defendant off.

i know PERSONALLY how it feels. and until you've been there, or someone you love has been there, you really don't know what it's like.

respectfully!!

I can not even imagine what you had to endure. I am so very very sorry that you had to go through the assault and then that experience.

I know this. Our justice system may not be perfect, But I am glad it works the way it does.. that people have to be PROVEN GUILTY not innocent.

I just found it such a huge slap in the face to Anne Frank.
If her father had still been alive I imagine he would have freaked out.

Anne Frank died BECAUSE she was Jewish.
If they keep making "mistakes" and "missing" names... they just need to stop with ALL Jewish people.

I'm a pretty avid Holocaust researcher... these people died for THEIR beliefs.
To impose YOUR beliefs on them AFTER death when they can no longer reject them...
It IS like killing them again... a posthumous Holocaust... and it's a huge slap in the face to survivors. :twocents:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/u...-posthumous-mormon-baptisms-beliefs.html?_r=0

Jews have suffered through forced conversions for millennia which is the big reason they take such issue with it. Of course it's a slap. It's a slap to anybody, whatever their religion or lack thereof. Forcing conversion on the unwilling is hardly something unique to the LDS church, but, frankly, I find it kind of un-American. Considering how the Mormon church believes itself to be persecuted even today, it's hard to see how they justify it to themselves.

Me too, if I lived in the area I wouldn't be able to stop myself from looking, though where, not sure, maybe the desert. Wonder if Ryan Burns has searched his house, grounds, etc. as that's where she went afterward. Also, I don't remember whose home LE searched upon JA's arrest, was it her grandparents, parents or both? Where else could she have hid the weapons, other family or friends homes? Like StephanieHart, I tend to doubt she would have tossed them, but maybe buried them somewhere near some type of landmark so she could return and find them when she wanted.

I'd love to search for the weapons too. She didn't have a shovel so I don't think she buried them in the desert. Besides, she probably wanted to hide them in place where it would be easy for her to access them.

respectfully!!

Excellent points. I wish I could figure out a new rule to stop what happened in this trial. But I just cant think of anything to stop a witness from just plain lying like Jodi did. Some of the allegations were horrendous, but how do we stop false lies if the person is up there testifying.

The only solice is the jury can usually tell when they are outright lies like in this case. But the damage is done already.

snip
AND she is sticking to her fabricated story that she an innocent woman who was beaten and almost killed a few times and she is 100% innocent and should go free (Oddly they never argued that on her side, they just tried to keep her off death row)
snip.

She will find that sticking to her story will be as effective for her as it was for Wendi Andriano.

If she really wanted to avoid the DP, she should have plea bargained - admit to murder one and get LWOP.

I know that she tried to plea to murder two and that it was rejected. But I cannot see any prosecuter unwilling to trade LWOP for a plea of guilty to first-degree murder and thus remove the cost, time, and possibility of a hung jury at the end.

If she had been willing to express remorse and plead guilty, she would not be where she is now. But it is not like her to take responsibility for anything. I'm not sure, but it may be that she actually prefers death to admitting that she was wrong.

The big question I have about the interview was that the trial is really not over yet. We have all seen interviews of convicted prisoners, but there are 2 more phases left in this trial. Is it really OK that they were allowed to interview her before it really is over?

I don't think it was OK; I am not sure how JA got to call the shots on that. As a witness shouldn't she be under an admonition of some kind? I think that is a situation where protocol needs to be reviewed. Whether it is the courthouse, the attorneys, judge, jail personnel, etc. Whoever is in charge should have been able to say we do not allow interviews during an ongoing trial. It just boggles my mind that someone allowed this during an ongoing trial; had Juan done an interview it would have been a crime.

I asked on the lawyer thread, in relation to the accusations Baez made against CA's father, and she said it's protected speech and they can't ever be held accountable for it. I think that's pretty awful but that is the law. It comes under the heading of priveledge (darn it I can't spell that word)... they are just relating what they have been told by their client.

I'm not defending them, understand, just answering the question posed by Curious in Indiana....

That might be why I have no respect for criminal defense lawyers. They make a decision. It is a choice. No one is holding a gun or knife on them to make them slander and slaughter the victim.
No respect. None. Nope. Never.

I hear a lot of people discussing the victim impact statements. IMO, the trial won't even get to that point. JA runs the show, and that includes how she dies. She does NOT want to hear from his family or give them the satisfaction of speaking on his behalf. Wednesday will probably consist of the judge telling us she's waived the last two phases, and requests the death penalty. Of course, JA loves to hear the sound of her own voice; so who knows?!

I don't think she has a choice. I could be wrong.

JA must know by now that 95 percent of the world finds her totally disgusting. Surely,
Donovan has told JA that she has very few supporters.

JA's mask has cracked, and if it is indeed true she had 1 huge "hissy fit" with rantings et al, all now can see what JA truly is.... a person very capable of rage, murder, and with no moral compass. The " sweet " who me"? "I love kittens , strays, the indigent, and clouds, and camping.....just swirled down the head.... JMO

I think the reporter did his job. He is a reporter.. not a decider..

He did a good job. It is not his job to monitor what we get to see but give us all the information and let us decide for ourselves.

I just told my mom that Jodi was in the psych ward on suicide watch and "my trial won't be on again until next Wednesday", to wish my mom replied "OH jeez, put her in a cell with a plastic bag and let her get on with it."

Obviously my mom would like her daughter back, lol.

That might be why I have no respect for criminal defense lawyers. They make a decision. It is a choice. No one is holding a gun or knife on them to make them slander and slaughter the victim.
No respect. None. Nope. Never.
Yes many are horrible....if their clients weren't guilty they wouldn't have to stoop to such ugly tactics. Why go for truth when its easier to use the dog and pony show or smokescreens to distract from it? It's sick.
Not all DA's do this though. Remember there ARE people wrongfully accused (not every person arrested is actually a criminal) and deserve a good vigorous defense. They are essential to our system...if you were wrongfully accused of a crime, you would want someone who believed you and fought for you. Not that Nurmi and Wilmott are this of course, (they of the smokescreen belief), but hating all DAs is like hating one group of people because of the actions of some.

I think the reporter did his job. He is a reporter.. not a decider..

He did a good job. It is not his job to monitor what we get to see but give us all the information and let us decide for ourselves.

Are you saying he's not the 'decider maker'?

:floorlaugh:

You may be right.

That site is run by trolls. Please understand this, they are there for two reasons:
1) to make money
2) to annoy the Travis supporters

They do not even care if Jodi was innocent nor, I suspect, do they believe it. One of the moderators there posted a support message to Jodi saying that he felt sorry for her that a "bunch of coincidences" made her look guilty. If that were posted here, you would understand that it was sarcasm. Believe me, it was also sarcasm over there, but they would never admit to it.

Upsetting people like you is a sport for them. They are trolls, nothing more and certainly nothing less. Don't give them two seconds of your peace of mind - it is far too precious.

I asked on the lawyer thread, in relation to the accusations Baez made against CA's father, and she said it's protected speech and they can't ever be held accountable for it. I think that's pretty awful but that is the law. It comes under the heading of priveledge (darn it I can't spell that word)... they are just relating what they have been told by their client.

I'm not defending them, understand, just answering the question posed by Curious in Indiana....

I've watched several trials, but for some reason this DT has made it pretty clear that they can and do say whatever they want. I can't remember where but I know I've heard a saying about a good defense lawyer can tell you the sky is green and you believe it. This case is going to be textbook for something... possibly "when your self destructive client really goes of the rails..." idk. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela