aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered that too at the beginning of the trial. It's like she was "trying on" looks for the camera which I think is just highly likely given her superficiality.

I half wonder if they're actually the kind of glasses you can buy in the pharmacy off a rack, just for show. Does the DT bring her glasses every day along with the rest of her civilian clothes? I can't imagine the jail would let her keep all of them in her cell.

Also KCL, I know we don't know each other and I'm fairly new around here, but I wanted to thank you for your generosity of spirit throughout this trial. I admire your poise and grace in dealing with some truly heinous things on a day to day basis and I'm certain your sister is extremely proud of who you've turned into because of her.

P.S. I just unfollowed Keifer on Twitter because of my outrage after reading posts here tonight.

Very well said. I've pondered on this point a lot because Jodi is constantly spinning her story, making herself a victim of circumstance. But she will never, EVER, except even a sliver of personal weakness or responsibility.

Trust me, as decades of appeals go on, we will hear yet a 4th (5th, 6th) story of the elements/motivations of her crime. Mark my words.

I'm crying my eyes out watching 20/20 about the girls. I'm so happy they are home! Bless them all.

I really do agree with you, Softy. I think that many people, myself among them, are fascinated by how someone's thinking processes can seem to be so different from their own; hence the fascination with any possible clue that might lead to some kind of satisfactory explanation. I think it is part of the basic hardwiring we possess as predators in terms of pattern recognition -- we are programmed to focus on things that seem out of place.

I borrowed BritsKate's decoder ring for this post. :cow:

Soft and Sleuthy hit the nail on the head with this...thanks guys!

:cow:

We've got a few days until next hearing .. I've been thinking about strategies the DT could have used that wouldn't have involved trashing Travis, would have fit the facts including JA's multiple stories, and may have worked better .. Purely hypothetical of course but any ideas?

I really do agree with you, Softy. I think that many people, myself among them, are fascinated by how someone's thinking processes can seem to be so different from their own; hence the fascination with any possible clue that might lead to some kind of satisfactory explanation. I think it is part of the basic hardwiring we possess as predators in terms of pattern recognition -- we are programmed to focus on things that seem out of place.

I borrowed BritsKate's decoder ring for this post. :cow:

:lol: At least you admit it!

I can admit that I am fascinated by her, I have never in my life (I know it is way shorter than yours :)) seen anything like her. I thought Drew Peterson was a nut. :nuts: I followed his case very closely and still do, But he really has nothing on her... she is in a league of her own.

Her beliefs aren't based on rationality or professional training, it is a religion to her.

We had a discussion the night of the verdict with some real Mormons about whether the Church would/had excommunicated her. They said they could have already before her conviction as a murderer. I'm not sure if it's happened. But I agree, whatever she's got going on, she worships it like a religion.

BBM - So does that mean that his life is in ruins as evidenced by the fact he was attending the trial?

I have a lot more respect for someone that spends their time helping bereaved families through the most difficult time of their life than I do for someone that spends their time trying to save convicted murders from the DP. There are many people that would TRY to help the Alexander family get through this awful experience but most of us have no idea what to do or say to someone that has gone through something as horrific as the Alexander family has. I really don't care what Kiefer's opinion is as to what condition your life is in. You have the heart of an angel & an incredible strength that may have made this tragedy a tiny bit easier for the family to get through. Bless you.

Wrong quote box.

Mee too! And I am not kidding... she should have gone for insanity. That may have been more believable.

Yeah my theory is put the PD front and center. Basically separate themselves from her and say 'look at this behavior!!' It's worked in the UK before with NPD ...

Well, in my mind - chicks who supported Valerie Solanas.

BUT I think people like ALV think it's cool to take a general concept like
"women are oppressed by the patriarchy which organizes society into a complex of relationships based on the assertion that male supremacy"
(basically quoted from Radical feminism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
and then applies it to an individual case, like JA's, as if it is a reasonable explanation for JA's behavior.

ETA: It's like being pissed-off-by-the-MAN-by-proxy

:floorlaugh: Okay, well, I thought that's what you'd say. I suppose "radical" is the critical word, and that is rarely associated with entirely happy endings -- though often a critical catalyst in achieving them.

Really? I thought they were all the same. She could select up to four different frames and those are what she came up with? Oh Jodi, honey, just cause your in jail doesn't mean you have to totally let yourself go...

OMG, thanks for this. :floorlaugh:

:lol: At least you admit it!

I can admit that I am fascinated by her, I have never in my life (I know it is way shorter than yours :)) seen anything like her. I thought Drew Peterson was a nut. :nuts: I followed his case very closely and still do, But he really has nothing on her... she is in a league of her own.

She's a first for me in her category, and I remember Charles Manson's trial. Yep, saw it every night on the news.

Really? I thought they were all the same. She could select up to four different frames and those are what she came up with? Oh Jodi, honey, just cause your in jail doesn't mean you have to totally let yourself go...

Thanks for the laugh! :) It reminds me of when I was a kid, since my mother was on welfare, when I would go to pick out my frames at the doctor there would be walls of frames and then all I'd get to choose from was one little tray of plastic frames.

So I like to think that Jodi only gets the welfare frames!

Yeah my theory is put the PD front and center. Basically separate themselves from her and say 'look at this behavior!!' It's worked in the UK before with NPD ...

Exactly, as much as I hate to admit it, it would have been better that BWS...

:doh:

From now on, want me to call you the day before what you are gonna get? :giggle: Just keep the snails... please! :)

Can you swing by early with a pontoon boat,:scared: and tote me to the airport which seems to flood in less than a minute....

I was involved in DV movement starting 1978 and trust me it was radical and militant until about 1987..Been to the conferences..stayed below the radar when the real key note speaker screamed " and u heterosexual women, you are no better U sleep with the enemy"....quietly sulked away and went crabbing in Md...True story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member