aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although she's now been convicted, I just can't help but feeling especially sad about this situation. Travis is dead. He never had the chance to do the things he wanted, get married, have a family, etc. I wish I didn't know who Travis or Jodi was; because I wish this never happened.

I'm not against the DP. I know this will not be a popular opinion, but I'm actually finding myself feeling somewhat sorry for Jodi. She's a disgusting monster. A hideous person. But I feel a tinge of sadness that a 32 year old is facing the death penalty. Why couldn't Jodi get help for her problems? Why couldn't she have just moved on from Travis?

She deserves the DP, no doubt. If someone says otherwise, I urge them to view the pictures of Travis' injuries. I'll snap out of this, I know. I'm just feeling sad over this situation.

I completely agree with you and understand what you are saying and feel. After the CA trial I got totally involved in reading true crime stories, mostly in an attempt to try to understand what motivates some people to do what they do. For the most part, what I read was just factual accounts as to what happened but it wasn't until I started reading about Ted Bundy that I found myself feeling "sad" that a person could evolve into such a monster, similar to how you feel/felt about Jodi.

This led me into reading books about the profiling of murderers - how the FBI came up with this concept, what goes into the profile and how it helps pinpoints the perpetrator. This is all well and good but it still didn't help me understand how someone comes to the point that they would kill; this would have left me with the path to studying the psychology of a criminal mind and I just wasn't up to that task.

There were a number of things about Bundy's early years that would have been worth scrutinizing in much more detail but that never happened. We know a lot more about JA's early years but, in reality, still not enough to understand how she came to be what she is - a cold blooded murderer.

But whatever happened to Ted Bundy, Jodi Arias or any other killer to make them do this, I end up saying to myself...there but for the grace of God go I.

I 've read this story-she died a horrible death

They treated her terribly & IIRC she was mentally challenged

Yes she was mentally challenged. I have read on another site that she was placed in that cage for "a 10 minute suicide watch" but was left there for nearly four hours.

I'd be passing out if I was Arias thinking of going there for the rest of my life.

This Perryville where JA will be going looks scary. A couple of years ago a woman was placed in a cage outdoors in 107 degree temp. She was only supposed to be there for two hours, but someone left her out there past that and she died in the cage in the blazing sun with burns on her body.

Think she'll be as scared as Travis probably was when she was chasing him down the hall with a butcher knife stabbing him in the back??

I only HOPE SHE WILL BE!

JMO

ps I know you're NOT pro CMJA I'm just saying let her be scared to F'n Death maybe it'll save us cost of an execution.. IMO

Thanks for bringing this up....I had wondered the same thing as you. Something seemed off between them. :confused:

They had a huge long hug off camera. But right in front of me. No bad juju there. It was just a huge cluster going on there. People grabbing each other and hugging. Joi hugged Tanisha before Harold. I was hugging strangers.

I did see them totally grasp each other in a huge hug.

KCL: I wanted to add that I hope you are not allowing that toxic waste he dishes out to affect you in any way. He's a hateful person, so things that are good make him angry.

HE is damaged goods! Nobody needs a bitter, resentful, vitriolic, dishonest rage-filled person around them. He should take a look in the mirror and see his many flaws since they are influencing his career.

There is no use for a "reporter" who hates the entire prosecution group, including the victims. Sheesh!

I totally agree with you. In spite of what a lowlife Jodi is, it is not a joyous occasion. If the crowd had been personal friends of Travis, I would hardly fault them for feeling the need to cheer. This crowd outside the courthouse, encouraged by the likes of JVM, NG and JC, were tantamount to the crowd in the Roman Coliseum cheering the gladiator games.

I don't know Travis or his Family/Friends; nor the Arias Family. I am here for justice and curiosity of the process.

Are you kidding me?
There were no chants of "Death to Jodi" that I heard.
Just a lot of people who had their faith in the American Justice System restored after a trial that should have taken 2-4 weeks. Instead, the defense brought into play accusations that were never corroborated and only caused more grief to the relatives of the victim.

Not sure about KCL but found this, NEW POST!!

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/

I believe I read her post yesterday on the insider thread and she indicated she did not know. Whatever it was must have happened in chambers. I was wondering if Jodi was involved and if she could have been transported from the holding area to chambers without going through the courtroom. Dunno.

We can see how her 'assistance' worked out for her defense.

One can only hope that she will be so self-assisting during the aggravation hearing.

Oh hell, I wish she'd fire her DT so we could see her try to represent herself.

Re: http://gettinbetter.com/anatomy.html
Extremely malicious article, not professional at all. Jumps to a lot of conclusions that are not supported by research. Great if you want to get the masses riled up/scared and angry toward people with BPD. I know this forum is off the charts with assumptions/tv-education about mental illness but yikes.

When JW allowed JA to put her murdering arm around JW in court to re-enact the photo of JA and her sister, I recoiled. There is no way on earth I would let that creature touch me.

And JW rubbed JA's arm and back after the verdict was read. *shudder*

OP wasn't railing against accused criminals being represented; her issue (and mine, lol) are the attorneys touching the icky criminals. They're not convincing anyone the client is human. They're just making us want to scrub ourselves in the shower with a Brillo pad.

BBM
But they are human whether one likes them or loathes them.

i have to say i'm so infrequently subjected to that kind of ridicule (well no one is unless you are say alyce laviolette) that i was stunned. I "phoned a friend" who knows him and me and asked her (someone who is in my life on a regular basis) if i've changed that much and she wrote back "kiefer is an a$$hole, steer clear. No you have not changed". Thank god for friends.

I got several emails from clients writing who had no idea i'd ever had a homicide in my family...i keep it pretty well hidden most of the time. Anyway enough on kiefer...that's done...reading his once again inaccurate article just got my blood boiling again. This week has been an intense one.

I've got my tivo fired up for dateline..i didn't know katie was on! Did you guys know she's on the cover of a free newspaper in town wrapped in crime scene tape on a piece about trial watchers? I have a copy. I was also interviewed for it..it should be online but it's not up yet. Shana hogan wrote it. She's also writing a book on this case. First day i went to court i was told "she's who we all go to for the facts". She's the main journalist covering this crime from day one. I like her.

KWpaper.jpg

It's like we're expected to "just let it go" or follow some "code of conduct" or "rise above it" or somehow compartmentalize it in a way that makes OTHER people less uncomfortable.

The reality, esp with the DP, we are living with it for the rest of our lives. Healing is a process. Closure never happens.

It hurts when someone is being cruel. But in reality, it stings him that ANYONE is supporting the Alexanders. It's HIS issue. He thinks THEY have "victimized" Jodi by not promoting her plea deal.

This is what families are exposed to (and more). Usually it just shows up in eerie camps like the Jodi Is Innocent asylum but it's downright disturbing to show up in a relationship like that. .

The Alexanders sadly will soon discover what you know.

They couldn't grieve properly because they've needed their strength to fight this fight.

Pretty soon, people are going to start voicing what they're probably already starting to think, "You've got the verdict, it's over. You all can finally put this behind you now." Closure, to me, is just a euphemism for "Can we all talk about something else now? This has gone on long enough." There is no real closure.

A plea of 2nd degree with time served for the butchery she conducted on that man is grotesque.

Victimizing Arias? Hmmph. That girl has always been an exploding meteor and God help anyone who happened to be in her orbit.

Dateline is not giving much love to ALV!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!
animated-smileys-laughing-291.gif

We've got a few days until next hearing .. I've been thinking about strategies the DT could have used that wouldn't have involved trashing Travis, would have fit the facts including JA's multiple stories, and may have worked better .. Purely hypothetical of course but any ideas?

Maybe they could have gone with a straight "heat of passion." They sure didn't have much to work with considering she killed him out of pure spite and meanness.

Dragging Travis through the mud was completely disgusting. I think they should have done what they needed to to protect her rights, not get her off at his expense. But that's if I ran the world...

He did ask her about her constant drawing on some days in court. She denies doing any drawing and insists she was writing information to assist "Jennifer and Kirk" in her defense. Says she may have "doodled some in the margins" :banghead:

Let's be honest, she mainly traces all her pics from magazines. She's not a real artist with creativity, IMO.

Uh yeah, I've read every last one of them addressing me re: this Troy Hayden thing.

I'll say this again, I AM NOT BLAMING TROY HAYDEN. I have MET HIM IN PERSON AND TALKED WITH HIM AT LENGTH. Including the DAY OF THE VERDICT.

I LIKE HIM. I UNDERSTAND WHY HE DID THE INTERVIEW.

I do think from what I've seen, he's asked soft ball questions. I get that too! He has engendered a trust with her. This is GOOD FOR HIS CAREER.

Is there anything else I need to clear up?

Good for his career -not sure about that after reading multiple critical comments from appalled viewers. Providing this murderer yet another chance to publicly slander Travis Alexander - disgusting. There was nothing newsworthy in this interview, it was just another opportunity for her to insult the Alexanders and spout her manifesto. Sickening!

Donovan on Dateline, looks as though she could have a staph infection on her chin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717