Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was the finding of felony murder relevant with the M1 verdict?

:floorlaugh:

Love it! BPB :lol:

The general consensus in the psych world is that CMja can best be described as BPD with elevated psychopathic indicators.

I've got a perfect name for the new psych diagnosis...
Borderline Psycho B*tch, with the acronym BPB.
Fits her perfectly, doesn't it?!? Don't be surprised if it shows up in the next edition of the DSM... :lol:

The jurors are under admonition from the Judge not to watch any media on the case. I believe they are abiding by that.

(I have always thought that ANS judge was a bit weird. Didn't he break down in tears on the bench at one of the custody hearings or whatever?)

Oh I would bet Nancy Grace is really hoping some of the jurors are watching her show, I can tell. The Judge from the Anna Nicole case did break down on the bench and he was also caught smoking pot in a parking lot.

The general consensus in the psych world is that CMja can best be described as BPD with elevated psychopathic indicators.

I've got a perfect name for the new psych diagnosis...
Borderline Psycho B*tch, with the acronym BPB.
Fits her perfectly, doesn't it?!? Don't be surprised if it shows up in the next edition of the DSM... :lol:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm using that one from now on .. but like this BPB™ :floorlaugh:

Oh, I would of loved to have been a fly on the wall in JSS' chambers while she was dealing with ALV.

ALV blatantly lied. It was funny when she needed her fingers to count up to 1 (another lie) when JM asked how many times she had testified.

:seeya: TartLemon!
Felony Murder is one of the 2 kinds of Murder 1 (in Arizona, at least). I think JM brought it up in closing arguments just to cover all the bases... In case a juror wasn't sure about the premeditation, he/she could still hopefully see that felony murder had been committed, and still reach a Murder 1 verdict. As long as all 12 jurors voted Murder 1, it didn't matter whether they voted Premeditated, Felony, or both.

Just my take on it.

My understanding is it is just the states way of auditing the voting for the actual conviction of Murder 1. The summ total of the votes had to equal 12 in the combintion of either Premediatation OR Felony Murder.

So all 12 people had to be counted for in some combintion and by taking a poll of the voting, it ensures that all 12 were counted.

Both felony murder and premeditated murder are M1. Jurors could pick either one or both to satisfy the elements of first degree murder (M1).
Some jurors choose premeditated only, and some both felony and premeditated.

That they could decide on either or both was part of the jury instructions. The law is written so that both of those felonies are first degree murder. Hope that makes sense.

(BBM)

:seeya: Beaglemania!

Not only did she imply she was basically convicted on a technicality (because of the way the law describes Felony Murder), she told the interviewer she was completely surprised that all 12 jurors convicted her of Premeditated Murder. Then she proceeded to declare, "There was absolutely no premeditation on my part." Nobody believes you, Jodi...and they NEVER will. So please shut up now. :banghead:
I believe what she is referring to is the gas cans, dyeing her hair, turning the phone off, etc. But even if she had NOT done any of that, pre-meditation can occur within a second if I understand the law right. And anyone who slices open someone's neck has pre-meditated a murder in my opinion.

Felony Murder is one of the 2 kinds of Murder 1 (in Arizona, at least). I think JM brought it up in closing arguments just to cover all the bases... In case a juror wasn't sure about the premeditation, he/she could still hopefully see that felony murder had been committed, and still reach a Murder 1 verdict. As long as all 12 jurors voted Murder 1, it didn't matter whether they voted Premeditated, Felony, or both.

You explained it better than I did. You are right that in case a juror had any doubt about the pre-med, Juan helped explain to them that FELONY murder applied in this case too because of her not being welcome in the house as soon as she started stabbing him.

I still don't quite understand.:banghead: How can a juror vote both FM and M1?

I believe what she is referring to is the gas cans, dyeing her hair, turning the phone off, etc. But even if she had NOT done any of that, pre-meditation can occur within a second if I understand the law right. And anyone who slices open someone's neck has pre-meditated a murder in my opinion.

Yes. Its a little hard to understand for me but the way I look at it is a person can decide to stab someone and the act of deciding to do it is pre-meditating it. The decision process can be quick.

Both felony murder and premeditated murder are M1. Jurors could pick either one or both to satisfy the elements of first degree murder (M1).
Some jurors choose premeditated only, and some both felony and premeditated.

That they could decide on either or both was part of the jury instructions. The law is written so that both of those felonies are first degree murder. Hope that makes sense.

(BBM)

I was ecstatic to see that ALL 12 jurors recognized the premeditation!
7 convicted her of Felony Murder as well.
And 5 voted Premeditated only.

What about if they agreed with Juan's logic that once Jodi started stabbing Travis she was no longer welcome in his house, so therefore all injuries after he left the shower (stabs at the sink, in the hallway, neck wound and shooting) were Felony Murder, with the initial assault being the primary Felony. And on top of that they also believed that she premeditated the whole crime, so the gas cans, turning her phone off in Az etc all showed premeditation. In fact since there was a time to pause and reflect during the crime, the neck wound itself could be argued to be a premeditated act to kill.

That's how I understood it, but we'll have to wait until the jurors speak.

ALV blatantly lied. It was funny when she needed her fingers to count up to 1 (another lie) when JM asked how many times she had testified.

I still have hope that ALV will not get away with what she did to real DV victims. That somewhere there will be consequences for her, too. What I could stand to listen to, and it was not that much, was worse than the blatant, but much more harmless lies she got caught out on.

I found ALV to be a purely malignant character who has messed up many lives. I can't even imagine the harm she has done in her "groups" alone.

To come to a conclusion of M1, it has to be premeditated and/or felony (murder in the process of a felony)

It could have been argued that she had a duty to retreat AFTER the initial attack, but I think it was sustained by the judge early on to take that penalty out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16