Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends! I almost forgot, today's the day!:) Hoping for justice for Travis! Good luck to Juan, my thoughts are with him, the Alexander's, and our jury!

What time is court today for us East coasters?

Scheduled for 1pm EST

Wouldn't it be great if Jodi did get up on the stand and then Martinez could play that post verdict video for the jurors!! Now that would be awesome :great:

That would be ledgend......wait for it.......dary, LEGENDARY!! I think it is also entirely possible

I'm back. Left last Wednesday because my mother passed out and coded while our and about with my sister. CPR barely brought her back - seems that the bypass being from 4 years ago collapsed so she had 2 stents put in yesterday. I watched the verdict on the hospital ICU waiting room TV - had to wrestle for the right channel, but I won.

When mom got off the ventilator on Thursday, I told her the verdict. She gave a fist pump and a 'YESSS' then I played it for her on YouTube.

Mom is doing great! She's back to her feisty, spitfire self!! I want to send a HUGE THANK YOU to all the sleuthers who were with me and praying on Tuesday night. I was 4 states away from my mom, and couldn't get a flight out until Wednesday morning, and have never felt so alone in my life. Being able to come on the board to get more ear time with God made me feel a little better.

I am SO GLAD to read your Mom is doing GREAT~! PTL!!

It's amazing how many people here and elsewhere say 'I'm against the death penalty but in this case I'll make an exception.' JA is really the lowest of the low...

If I remember correctly CMJA made two attempts to plead to Murder 2 prior to trial. Both motions were never responded to by the prosecutor.

That tells me that he is honoring the wishes of Travis' family and that they wanted to put her to death, even if it meant having to sit through a lengthy and nasty trial.

So, I say.....let the Alexander's decide.......

I think they have already spoken loudly....and CMJA knows this and truly fears their wrath.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=313316

snipped from article

"There are three things we know with certainty about Jodi Arias. 1- She lies, 2- She lies, and 3- She lies. This is not up for debate, it's what she does," Chris Hughes, a close friends of Alexander's at the time of his death, told The Huffington Post.

"I think Jodi's request for the death penalty is Jodi doing what she does; lying and manipulating,” Hughes said. “Jodi is scared to die. She has been threatening to kill herself since high school. She has had access to guns and knives [and] she is still here. If Jodi wanted to be dead, she would be."

This is why Travis is dead. You can't say no to Jodi. It's just not acceptable. People close to her sense this in her and truly fear her. She would stop at nothing. I certainly hope Donovan wakes up because Jodi will put Donovan on a path of destruction for her own purposes. Complete isolation is the only way to stop Jodi.

BBM

DB was obviously quite reluctant to divulge any information about JA,and I've often wondered if there was a real or implied threat toward his son, whom JA mentioned a few times in her various conversations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=313316

snipped from article

"There are three things we know with certainty about Jodi Arias. 1- She lies, 2- She lies, and 3- She lies. This is not up for debate, it's what she does," Chris Hughes, a close friends of Alexander's at the time of his death, told The Huffington Post.

"I think Jodi's request for the death penalty is Jodi doing what she does; lying and manipulating,” Hughes said. “Jodi is scared to die. She has been threatening to kill herself since high school. She has had access to guns and knives [and] she is still here. If Jodi wanted to be dead, she would be."

Thanks for that link!!

He makes such a good point - if she wanted to be dead, she would be. All of this talk of dying is nothing but manipulation. And it always has been, even with Travis.

BBM

DB was obviously quite reluctant to divulge any information about JA,and I've often wondered if there was a real or implied threat toward his son, whom JA mentioned a few times in her various conversations.

I don't think he feared her. I think he was still under her creepy little spell.

Aren't folks on Probation restricted from contact with convicted criminals? Or does Jodi not count until she is sentenced?

I'm going to guess that the only reason DP is worse in the mind of an inmate is b/c they are not the ones making that choice. They now have that awful secret knowledge of what it is like to control when someone dies and how that person appears to react. A DP inmate does not want someone else choosing that moment for them, they also still want complete control. All just a hypothesis from listening to many death row inmate interviews.

In JA's post conviction interview she says she wants DP. What she is really saying is, I want life not DP. I think she is trying to use reverse psychology manipulation to get a life sentence.

I have no feelings either way on the outcome of this phase of trial. She is already convicted of murder 1, and no amount of appeals or habeas claims are going to reverse that. Nor will any amount of her claiming innocence or victim of domestic violence. Good grief, if there was any abuse, and there seems to have been some, wouldn't it have been her as the major abuser?

Someone asked what does it take to be a death penalty qualified juror. Simply qualifying as a juror on any other trial with the addition that you have no problems imposing the death penalty. And that is it. Nothing more.

I am SO GLAD to read your Mom is doing GREAT~! PTL!!

Amen! It was touch and go for a good bit. The doctors kept telling us that she's a sick, sick woman. We know that, what they never anticipate is, what a little scrapper she is!

She's 61, 4 ft 10 inches, has had a hystorectomy, splenectomy, had a bear critical car crash in 2002, two heart attacks, heart bypass surgery, and now a critical heart vein collapse, COPD, and genetic primary biliary cirrhosis of the liver. Trust me, we know she's sick - she got the short end of the healthy stick - but spitfire makes up for a lot of what they can't fix!! She's her own little wrecking ball of fun!

I wonder if juror number 8 has googled " juror number 8" and found us.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

FWIW, I did email Dr. Drew last night and asked that he let Daniel Gibb, juror number 8, to speak at length because many of us are interested in hearing what he has to say.

Maybe if Drew gets enough feedback to this effect, he will change is format and give his guest more than a minute or two to speak before being interrupted by the panel.

One can always hope...

You think? IDK. With all the carp we've seen so far from inmate ID10T-IBSCR3WD I doubt it will be w/o interruption. But here's hoping. :cheers:

I just LOVE that the 1st letters and numbers of her inmate ID look like they spell "Idiot"!!! LOL!:floorlaugh:

Spent the weekend re-watching cross exam of Jodi. Man, she is so much worse when you see this post-closing/verdict.

Don't know why I was sooo nervous about the verdict. This jury must hate her...I know I do.

:banghead: :jail: :stormingmad:

Aren't folks on Probation restricted from contact with convicted criminals? Or does Jodi not count until she is sentenced?

Someone here said yesterday that since she is now convicted, she can't have contact with other convicted criminals. I'm assuming you're talking about Donovan? So, I don't think she can visit anymore.

Can they still talk on the phone though?

I just LOVE that the 1st letters and numbers of her inmate ID look like they spell "Idiot"!!! LOL!:floorlaugh:

it also looks a lot like Idiot - Ibescrewed

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::rockon:

yes, yes you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads