Aggravation phase #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM This made me recall a case and I went a digging...

Quote:
Frederick chemist Alan Bruce Chmurny died yesterday, less than 24 hours after he swallowed a cyanide pill in open court after hearing a jury convict him of trying to poison a former co-worker with mercury.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...ourt-officials

This happened to 2001 so yeah, it's possible. Just sayin...

there was a much more recent case. 2012. A wall street banker committed suicide in court using cyanide after he was convicted of arson. In Arizona...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/29/suicide-by-poison-suspected-in-ariz-court-death/

I must admit that I felt a little sympathy for JW and KN yesterday. Well, more for Nurmi than Willmott, but sympathy nonetheless because dealing with Jodi has to be positively unnerving at times :banghead: I doubt that either of them prepared Jodi for the possibility that she might not get Manslaughter or even 2nd Degree Murder and could be convicted on the 1st Degree Murder charges.

I didn't see a reaction from Nurmi who was off-screen during the reading of the verdict, but Willmott looked shell-shocked and in disbelief of what she was hearing. I sense that this is her usual reaction when she doesn't win her cases; she really needs to learn to contain her emotions in the courtroom when things don't go her way. :moo:

Can someone confirm this?

I was just thinking that since she has been found guilty of M1 and since that part of the trial is over. There can be nothing done by the DT to undo that decision can they? I mean as far as like before when they were trying to remove jurors to get below 12 or trying to have the case thrown out or anything.

I know they can appeal, but it seems to me that at least we are through a major hurtle and if anything happens in these next phases, it would only affect these phases and nothing can undo the verdict except future appeals?

I hope I am right about this.

Yes, it's final pending appeal.

What is up with those Fox Phoenix people? They have about 7 clips of the interview but each clip is pretty much the same except for about 30 seconds of new info? Terrible!

Folks? This boy just makes a mother proud......

I'll never be arrested because I have open cases with the CIA they know I'm the real deal. My facebook would prove I don't joke.

----(10 minutes later...)

FBI just arrested @GrimlinSkeleton for the #jodiarias bomb threats

(I think they actually have him barricaded in the Motel rm so he will not be going anywhere)

Stupid should be very very painful!

Can someone confirm this?

I was just thinking that since she has been found guilty of M1 and since that part of the trial is over. There can be nothing done by the DT to undo that decision can they? I mean as far as like before when they were trying to remove jurors to get below 12 or trying to have the case thrown out or anything.

I know they can appeal, but it seems to me that at least we are through a major hurtle and if anything happens in these next phases, it would only affect these phases and nothing can undo the verdict except future appeals?

I hope I am right about this.

Not at this time. Eventually her DP appellate team will ask the circuit court to throw out the verdict and grant a new trial based on ______ (you fill it in). But that is a long time off and success is highly unlikely.

1. What is your impression about the "Non-sequestration" of Arizona juries? Do you think it is "Good" or "Bad"? People love to criticize Arizona and the way things are run. I say, until you have lived there don't criticize. I think it was run the way it needed to be run. Give people credit for being able to job the job. If issues start to arise then maybe sequestration needs to come into play.

2. What do you think of jurors being able to ask witnesses questions? I think it's excellent. More should be able to do this. If you think about it, the questions really showed which way the jury was leaning. If the defense was smart they would have tried to find a way to squash those leanings.

3. What do you think of Juan Martinez? Do you think his prosecution style warranted all the negativity by the TH's? I didn't watch HLN so I don't know what the TH's were saying about Juan. I listened to him with my own ears. I didn't need them to tell me their opinions. I think he did his job and I think he did it brilliantly. He is a smart man. He's been doing this for quite some time. He knew what he was doing even if it took the TH's days to figure out his plan.

I'm happy with the way things turned out. I will be even happier if she gets the DP.

In the interview, Jodi says "death is the ultimate freedom". Is Jodi admitting to 'freeing' Travis with his death?

I must admit that I felt a little sympathy for JW and KN yesterday. Well, more for Nurmi than Willmott, but sympathy nonetheless because dealing with Jodi has to be positively unnerving at times :banghead: I doubt that either of them prepared Jodi for the possibility that she might not get Manslaughter or even 2nd Degree Murder and could be convicted on the 1st Degree Murder charges.

I didn't see a reaction from Nurmi who was off-screen during the reading of the verdict, but Willmott looked shell-shocked and in disbelief of what she was hearing. I sense that this is her usual reaction when she doesn't win her cases; she really needs to learn to contain her emotions in the courtroom when things don't go her way. :moo:
What surprised me about JW was that she barely ran her hand across Aris' arm after guilty was read. Unlike the previous hair stroking we saw in the courtroom.

It's her version of taking her ball and going home. Unfortunately for her, home is a jail cell, so how'd that work out for you Jodi?

:eek: I just heard about the giant snails. Is it that bad?

Jodi is soooo trying to manipulate about evidence "withheld" and Juan being "shady"...it is all about the fraudulent pedophile letters. I wish that dang MM finds himself on the stand having to answer for himself and the murderer before this is over. Put those filthy lies to rest.

She reminds me of that evil, evil b66666d that said that about Polly Klass' father in court, she's on the same level with him.

Jodi who cannot stand a "nick" cause it hurt too much...please, she loves making chaos and evil in people's lives too much to die. Even from death row.

I pray they give her death because:
1) If they give her life she will have that smug look on her face because after trying to use reverse psych on everyone and saying she wants to die (I don't believe she does), she'll feel like it worked and think that she won and again is smarter than everyone.
2) It's what the family wants.
3) She deserves it.

MOO.

and to add
4) She will form a "sorority" in the general population and have too much interaction with others.
5) On death row she will be isolated 23 hours a day and not have anyone to talk to. No one to tell her sad sad tale.
JMHO

Originally Posted by Schuby
They are going to continue to push the gun-first theory and suggest that he was not consciousness/alive to suffer during the knife assault.

Except that according to her testimony, shooting him in the head only pizzed Travis off & after the gunshot was when he allegedly said f-ing kill you b*tch. So that won't work.

Thanks, artsy1 -- I thought I remembered that!! So now, the jury has to decide which of her probably lies to believe....or not.

Beautiful, isn't it?! Ouch! I can just see Juan salivating if that is how they roll!
icon10.gif

Jodi is soooo trying to manipulate about evidence "withheld" and Juan being "shady"...it is all about the fraudulent pedophile letters. I wish that dang MM finds himself on the stand having to answer for himself and the murderer before this is over. Put those filthy lies to rest.

She reminds me of that evil, evil b66666d that said that about Polly Klass' father in court, she's on the same level with him.

Jodi who cannot stand a "nick" cause it hurt too much...please, she loves making chaos and evil in people's lives too much to die. Even from death row.

I don't know if she meant the letters. Nurmi was always complaining about the state hiding text messages or other unnamed evidence.

I have to say, if I had not seen her other TV interviews, she might be able to snooker me with the one she gave yesterday.

What? when? any links?? :waitasec: must have missed that!! :scared:

TIA! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members