Aggravation phase #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jodi really wants the death penalty, she had a golden opportunity to get it during her interview. All she had to do was state "No jury will ever give me the death penalty. You can mark my words..."

This jury loves that.

Let's see all the things these jurors did not believe:

They did not buy the pedophilia carp
They did not believe the domestic abuse (well not that JA was a victim anyway)
The PTSD
Self-defense
Manslaughter
Second-degree murder

I love this jury!

i just dont understand the interview. I worry that it is prejudicial and will be seen as grounds for her appeal. Whatever, she gets an automatic appeal anyway right?

We'd need an atty to answer this, but IMHO, I don't think the interview could be grounds for appeal since SHE requested it herself - so if it hurts her, it's her own fault.

I hope Dr. Horn is well-prepared to explain how cruel this crime was. I don't think the defense saying that Travis was dead when all the stabbing occurred is going to work. Dr. Horn has already said that Travis's heart had to have been pumping blood when his throat was slashed. Just look at all the blood around his neck. If Jodi had a bigger knife, she probably would have decapitated him. After his throat was slashed, he would not have been able to stand up at the sink or attempt to fight off Jodi. I think Travis was alive until AFTER his throat was slashed. So we know that he was very much alive when he was stabbed in the chest, when he got the defensive wounds, and when his throat was slashed. He was alive during the other stabbings, too, or he wouldn't have bled like he did. Dr. Horn mentioned the lack of blood at the gunshot wound. That was because Travis had already bled out BEFORE he was shot.

During the mitigation phase, I hope that Jodi says that she would never kill anybody like this again. Then Juan can bring in the 9mm gun and the KNIVES that were in her rental car when she was arrested.

Like NG said...after the prosecutor, the next people the defendant goes after is their own attorneys.

Nurmi and Willmott had better hope they didn't tell her any professional or personal "secrets".

If I was Willmott I'd be grabbing those notebooks her and Arias have been scribbling in these past four months or we all might be reading excerpts from them in the National Enquirer.

One thing that Jodi's attitude (and the post-verdict TV interview) did is to ensure that the option of Life With the Possibility of Parole after 25 years is off the table.

She is now going away FOREVER, one way or another... no matter what.

I did the same! The first juror to stand out was juror #4 so I checked that out at once. It's grandpa! I cannot wait for these jurors' interviews!

Ditto!!! And i think it was also SUPER AWESOME that Tri-Color, CEO & Poquito were there as well!!! JA probably didn't notice bc she was too busy thinking she'd get off easy, but to me that spoke volumes that there were 3 more people who wanted to see her pay whether they were booted off or not!!

Something to keep our interest up (as if we needed it):

http://wildabouttrial.com/legal_commentary/jodi-arias-hell-hath-no-fury-commentary/

"One interesting thing about both of these upcoming mini-trials is that the rules of evidence are relaxed, so we will probably hear a lot of new information that could not be brought out during the main trial because it’s evidentiary value was in question. Expect even more scandal, as the door has been opened for hearsay testimony."

We'd need an atty to answer this, but IMHO, I don't think the interview could be grounds for appeal since SHE requested it herself - so if it hurts her, it's her own fault.

The jury is still under the admonishment to avoid media coverage. It's a non issue.

I almost forgot. I saw JW shoot the jury with her crazy eyes when she heard the M1 verdict. I was pizzed because it was like she was communicating to the jury they got it wrong!

Puh-leeze Wilmott, you are an officer of the court. Cut it out. moo.

So, let me understand this, today at 1pm Mr Martinez puts for the "cruel" case, if it was depraved, cruel. The Jury then deliberates that issue only. (No Jodi show today)

Then 4 to 6 weeks after their verdict on Cruel/Depraved yes or no, the Sentence is handed down by the Judge?

Prior to the Sentence on the day (or day before) we hear Victim Impact statements and yes, even Jodi making a plea for her life to the court/jury/judge?

That part is where I am confused. The Jury of 12 unanimously (i love saying that) found her Guilty as charged, Murder in the 1st degree with premeditation which brings a Death Sentence or LWOP.

So the Jury is saying to her, all 12 of us agree that you are a Stalker, you carefully planned this Murder of Travis down to stealing a gun from your own home, traveling and leaving an "obvious" paper trail and phone message/call trail through CA, UT, NV & back to CA and mysteriously god darn it, you went totally Stealth through AZ right where that man was killed. Not a trace, not 1 burger bought, not a bottle of water, not a gallon of gas and lo and behold not one cell phone ping...goodness me.

So she will get up and say "Hi, my name is Jodi Ann Arias and I am the victim of Domestic Violence from my fiancee that lived 1350 miles away who almost killed me 3 times and bent my finger and called me a few names when all I did was break into his bank account, MySpace, Doggie door, Facebook, Gmail, Hotmail, Bedroom Closet, Peeked in his windows, and I violated his Christmas Tree. Gosh...he is so sensitive.

Ok good people of the Jury, go vote for me for most Beautiful Inmate in Maricopa! Ok wait? Is that why we are here? What's this for again? American Jail Idol? Miss Estrella Jail 2013? Crap, my fog is in...

That's pretty deplorable. And the Judge better deny this request. But I honestly don't expect anything less from this defendant or her DT. If they would they would request that no victim impact statement be made but that they can't do.

It better be denied. JA needs to sit and listen, in person, to every bit of anguish she caused. I bet the defense is afraid she won't be able to sit there and take it, and will have some form of outburst. Might we finally see the stun belt in action???

If she's a psychopath, I'll agree she's built an alternate reality. She's the Queen in her world. However, I'd have to disagree that she believes her lies. If she's a psychopath she knows her lies aren't 'the' truth but thoroughly believes she's capable of manipulating people into believing 'her' truth, feeling sympathy, etc.

Perpetual victimhood or martyrdom is very common with psychopaths ime. One big huge waving red flag - if you meet someone who has been victimized by everyone they've ever met in their lifetime (except a few who seem to do whatever the psychopath wants, whenever they want it), I'd caution to take a closer look before becoming involved with that person.

All JMO

So, THAT'S what's wrong with Taylor Swift!

REQ - Request - Party (001) 5/9/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT’S REQUEST THAT VICTIM IMPACT EVIDENCE BE PRESENTED VIA VIDEOTAPE

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...=CR2008-031021

seriously?!

Hope JSS squashes that request like a bug.

The convict is one of the most hateful, vile people I have ever observed and she doesn't skip a beat in terms of trying to inflict more pain on his family.

Did I hear right? Did she accuse her attorneys of being inept by withholding evidence. And not doing things her way? Not verbatim but the newest video of her interviews infers so?

Man, I am praying someone busts her @ss on this whole DP BS!!! All the talking heads says *IF* she really wants to die, then all she has to do is tell her defense team NOT to testify on her behalf at phase 2 of trial.

IF her defense goes forward to argue against DP then it's PROOF she's completely a lying . Not that we didn't know that already.

<ring ring ring>

"Suicide Hotline"
"This is Jodi Arias"
"Can you hold Please?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics