Aggravation phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The State doesn't like DP candidates to die before they have to kill them. They pull out all the stops to make sure they stay alive....

Apparently JA threw a hissy fit after the interview. She can change on a dime. It is much safer and better for her cellmates that she is kept locked up till they ship her out.

How does JA have "rights" at this point if she's now officially known as being convicted of first degree murder?

It's just been filed. There has been no ruling yet and i doubt she will get her way.

Well color me confused. I read the motion - thanks Beagle - but it acts as if victim impact statements may affect the jury. Yet here's the code: http://statutes.laws.com/arizona/title13/13-4426_2

It shows that such statements are made at sentencing, which the judge does after the jury reaches its decision. I don't get it. AZLawyer, where are you?

In a death penalty case, the jury is very involved in the sentencing. The jury must (1) hear evidence regarding the aggravating circumstances and unanimously determine that an aggravating circumstance is present, (2) hear evidence regarding mitigating circumstances, as well as rebuttal (including victim impact statements), and balance those circumstances against the aggravating circumstance(s) found to determine whether leniency is called for (i.e., life vs. death).

If the jury picks "life," the judge gets to decide if it will be with or without the possibility of parole, but for the most part all the decisions in the sentencing phase of a death penalty case are the jury's.

This is all new since the Ring case (US Supreme Court).

BBM
Give her time to kill herself. I don't think Sheriff Joe is going to let anything happen to JA under his watch. He is too high profile (not in a good way). Plenty of inmates kill themselves or get killed. Guards don't care. YouTube Ashley Smith Canada. She was 19 and crazy and the guards looked on while she hung herself. That is an extreme case, outside of the US. But I know that here in the US, esp. Texas, guards will turn their backs to a lot of things. The dust has not even settled yet. Jeffrey Dahmer wished for his own death, just like JA. Dahmer got his wish and IMO the prison guards helped him get it.:moo:

I'm only getting this from NG but an inmate escaped from the Psych Ward that JA is in...got out through the vents.... I wouldn't put it past her. I wouldn't. Not for a second.

As far as JA's interview last night...I wasn't listening to the BS words as much as how she reverted back to that little TV interview voice.
I totally agree. I thought that was the CREEPIEST thing ever! Right back to her 48 hour interview voice!

Yikes.

moo

IMO the Alexander family has the right to face the killer of their brother, nephew, etc. I would have so much to say if I was in their place. The impact statements aren't about her, it's about them and what she took from them. They are the victims too, and her heinous and cruel acts impacted every aspect of their lives and souls. They deserve to look at her and let her have it.

That's exactly right. They aren't about her. She's game for all aspects of trial about her. This phase is all about her victims and she can't bear it.

Thanks. Sure does not appear to be her writing style. I'd be surprised if she were able to get 12 tweets out. Also the person is following 78 people. Jmho

Maybe it is just Donavan. Being a convict, Jodi can't use the phone every night anymore......and she is on lockdown, right?

I read/saw earlier, Donavan said she just took the twitter down for a little while and it will be back up. Who knows? I am sure Donavan is not a truthful person, either.

Jodi will keep going after this too .. she's going to delay the trip to death row for as long as possible .. what else can she pull I wonder. Clearly a migraine wasn't going to cut it today.

Well, Jodie HAS been known to go the extra mile (or extra 1K miles) to get her own way. She still has teeth. She could have bitten her own wrists (or toes). She could have deliberately choked on her lunch. She could have bashed her head against something (but not so much that it would make her look unattractive). That Hannibal Lector hockey mask, restraints, and dolly may not be such a bad idea. When it comes to subterfuge, cunning and just plain evil, she's had a lot of practice.

LOL :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

JVM, knock off the coffee, take a Xanax, breathe.....and slow the heck down!

The advice to quit yelling is a given!

(I don't know how Beth keeps from bursting out in laughter at JVM's histrionics.)

Ya .. I can barely tolerate her. She (to me) is still a drunk! A dry drunk! I really don't understand why she gets tube time. Why does HLN keep her show on the air. But, I am really getting turned off of HLN ... they are becoming circus-like. I am almost considering switching over to FOX ... and ... I NEVER thought I would say that.

I am really starting to dislike HLN ... so think I'll take a break before I throw something through my TV screen :banghead:

How does JA have "rights" at this point if she's now officially known as being convicted of first degree murder?

This is JA's evil attempt at denying the Alexander family one more thing. That's what it is. She is still on a mission to hurt and rip them apart. She is full of hate and will be to the bitter end.

As I said above, very possible, I hope so. The only thing I differ with is your comment that JA knows it's heinous. I believe she thinks it was appropriate and he deserved it and thus, in her warped mind, not heinous, but justice.

It's not heinous to JA. I agree w/ whomever said she probably just wants to rob Travis' loved ones of the chance to tell her what a piece of junk she is.

I think she is still in a jail facility. So I doubt she can have visitors whenever she wants and for however long she wants.

Plus, remember that while in jail, everything can be recorded except visits with attorneys.

Fair enough if you're evaluating her as suicidal. I still don't think her plan in that interview was to be placed on suicide watch. There are easier ways to do that than through a nebulous interview.

Yup, that bic razor nick hurt her.
Now she's conned herself i to psych. Lol!
She's pretty good. She can manipulate Arpio!

Simply amazing!

I'm still trying to figure out how she got her own show. Sounds like before all she was....was an alcoholic.

She was a local Southern California Newsreporter and I think she started doing investigative reports and was very popular here. I think she earned that show.

I get kind of tired of everyone always bashing JVM and NG, because as far as I know, they are the ONLY talk show hosts that devote their shows entirely to missing persons and violent crime victims. I have to applaud them for that. JMO

I've got to be wrong guys. I don't want to mislead anyone! I'm finding lots of articles about victim impact statements affecting juries. I'm not sure when they would occur though, since sentencing is after the jury deliberates and renders a decision on the penalty. Hmmm.

There was a case in my country (Ireland) where the family victim impact statement affected sentencing. The judge put off sentencing for a week because of statements that the victims family made.

A girl was set on fire and locked in the boot of a car. The victim's family called the perpetrators 'animals'. The judge took offence.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice/144588-judge-condemns-murder-victims-familys-victim-impact-statement.html

No observations, just reporting facts. It happened in 2010.

Thanks. Sure does not appear to be her writing style. I'd be surprised if she were able to get 12 tweets out. Also the person is following 78 people. Jmho

She's in lockdown. No communication so how can see call out and relay messages.

I read the defense motion to have the victim impact statements presented by video and IMO it was filed with the expectation of losing and for the sole purpose of preserving the issue for appeal. IMO it will be a losing argument on appeal as well.

I thought it was pretty funny that the defense team was acting like they wouldn't want a mistrial at this stage. IMO they would love to have a whole new jury panel listen to the agg/mit evidence--one that hadn't already concluded that JA had committed premeditated murder. ;) There is a big difference between a jury panel that has reached that conclusion after months of evidence and days of careful deliberation and a jury panel that is told "in reaching your decision, you must accept as proven that JA is guilty of premeditated murder."

I don't see how it backfired. Sounds like she's in a much nicer place and can have visitors whenever she wants, for as long as she wants.

Don't listen to the TH's. I KNOW what the Buckeye Psych ward is all about and unless an inmate is cray cray, they do NOT want to be there.

I don't know, I honestly don't think she realized she'd be put on SW. None of her statements indicated she wanted or planned to committ suicide.

From http://tinyurl.com/bpksjz6

"The worst outcome for me would be natural life... Longevity runs in my family, and I don't want to spend the rest of my natural life in one place. I said years ago I'd rather get death than life and that still is true today. I believe death is the ultimate freedom, so I'd rather just have my freedom as soon as I can get it."

BBM You are probably right and she didn't realize she'd be put on SW.

Perhaps jail officials responded to her last sentence because this is such a high profile case and they want to avoid all potential future liability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV