Aggravation phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 3m

Some of Travis' fam stepped out, but they are huddled in a cubby near us. #JodiArias

1 arrested after Tweet of courthouse bomb threat

Updated: May 09, 2013 1:45 PM PDT

PHOENIX (CBS5) -
Maricopa County sheriff's deputies arrested one person and had another in custody after a sweep at a Phoenix hotel Thursday morning in connection with a courthouse bomb threat tweeted after the Jodi Arias verdict was announced.

Maricopa County sheriff's deputies detained a man and woman in their 20s about 10:30 a.m. at the Value Place Motel, 1360 N. 43rd Ave., just north of Interstate 10.

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...custody-after-tweet-of-courthouse-bomb-threat

What kind of weirdos?

are you f'in kidding?:stormingmad::stormingmad: :stormingmad:

this better not be allowed!!!!

That is really horrible. And she wanted to force them to give their statements via videotape so she wouldn;t have to face them? Who knew that was even an option!

Actually, I believe her main goal in this trial was to make the Alexanders suffer. So she'd probably enjoy that. I personally hope the victim impact statements talk a lot about the things she'll never get to do again.

I get to sit here patting my dog. Maybe I'll have a bowl of ice cream later. Maybe a glass of wine. If I want, I can get in my car and go anywhere I want. I can go outside and breath the wonderful spring air. I can talk to my family members and friends whenever I want. I can spend my day talking to you guys. I can stay up as late as I want and sleep as late as I want. I can have a steak for dinner. Whatever I want. And Jodi will never, ever, ever get to do any of those things.

I LOVE this post. I also think her main goal was to continue to defecate on Travis' memory because she remains enraged with him that he didn;t want her, and to make sure all his ex girlfriends know how much sex they were having and that they had plans and that he proposed to her (yeah right!) and that he was having sex with jodi while dating them. I think she hates the girls Travis dated as well as Travis, more than she hates Travis' family, really.

This is after she had been found guilty of 1st degree murder. I don't know what her rights are at this point but I would think she should have used that as a defense.

It is not a defense. It's an issue of whether she is competent to understand the proceedings against her and assist in her own defense. A competency claim can be brought at ANY time before sentencing.

This is my best guess as to what's happening right now.

I;m sure court personnel could easily say who the ambulance was for or at least reveal that it was NOT for anyone connected to the arias trial. And that would be easy enough to do since they could tell if the call was for someone on a totally different floor, for example.

Bringing over my post from the last thread, regarding how we could know the ambulance was not for anyone connected to the arias trial.

"I have a lot of regrets, because.....I thought I would be sitting pretty by NOW!!!!"

....from her interview...LOL

Did she really say that?!?

HLN is really going to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel for material come next Mon/Tues.

I fear they will have to resort to covering actual current events.

HA.. I'm just kidding, I'm sure they will start to analyze their own analysis of the trial coverage. :facepalm:

Could it be that Nurmi and Wilmott had a meltdown that the interview was set up without their knowledge and are blaming court staff for actually setting it up without their okie dokie?

I am not a lawyer but I was thinking about the Manson case. During the trial, President Nixon made an off the cuff remark about the Manson killing people and he did not use the word "alleged." The judge checked and the jury had not read or heard anything about any public figure commenting on the case so that was that until Manson shouted out to the jury that President Nixon thought he was guilty. His attorneys tried to get a mistrial but failed since Manson had deliberately caused the problem himself. The motion was denied.

Here we have Jodi choosing to do something ill-advised -- which is her right to do. However, it could be that her attorneys are arguing that she would ONLY do that if she were not competent (like Cheney Mason arguing that Casey turning down a plea bargain was a sign of incompetence). And if she were then found to be incompetent maybe they could use something in the evaluation that they could use for mitigation.

Just saw this on MSNBC, Jodi was transported to Psych ward. Something happened on her way to the court house. The court proceedings is delayed until next Wednesday.

IMO, this is a fake breakdown. She is playing everyone again, but just like all her other actions, she is not pull it off successfully. After hearing her verdict, if she goes back to jail then we heard she had a breakdown, it would be more convincing. But to get on TV interview first then have a breakdown, not convincing at all.

The report of her being transported to psych ward was much earlier. She was at the courthouse.

No you have to file before the statute is up. I guess they didn't think it was worth it. So now she can continue using Travis to make money. That is awful.

PLEASE look upthread! The statute of limitations is one year AFTER criminal conviction. They can file!

The more I think about it I have a feeling JA wants to fire her lawyer and get a new one. Is it possible that would be allowed if she wanted to do that?

Serial killer Charles Ng did just that, repeatedly and turned his trial into the longest and most expensive in California history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRtYoCzwT9w

Would Jodi do something like that? Nah.. :banghead:

WHAT??? Where can I hear this interview? Oh boy..

this is nothing. they're allowed to have a life and their things----they just can't read about the case.

are we going to get to the point where, in order to protect the rights of the accused, the JURORS have to have their rights taken away??

that doesn't make sense. they can talk on the phone, play games on their ipads, or whatever. watch a movie on it if they want.

this experience has been so horrendous for them, i can't even imagine. my heart breaks for all of them.

I can't help but think that this girl has a long history of running the show. And to me she comes off as determined. She planned TA death when something didn't go her way. Is she playing and planning now?

I think she is in shock. Cause for once in her life she's going to be stopped dead in her tracks. She no longer controls her very own life.

The good thing about the delay is that it will now be a Wednesday!!
...and Wednesday is a good day for justice!!

I thought there was a 2 year statute, we had to file within 2 years against my Aunt for my grandmother But I thought it might have changed. :twocents:

We filed one went to trial in federal court. It was after the murderers were convicted and it was heard 3 years after my brother was murdered. We won in court and established scholarship funds with the 1M at Duke, The Hill School and for the detectives children. That money helped a lot of kids achieve their dreams of an education.

I did not look to see if this was answered but can someone tell me what this info is that was updated on Jodi's case file today.

"NOTE: DEFENDANT’S REQUEST THAT VICTIM IMPACT EVIDENCE BE PRESENTED VIA VIDEOTAPE"
DT wanted Travis' defenders to videotape their impact statements, rather than give them in person, in front of the convicted murderer.
IMO, not going to be allowed.

I hope it isn't due to death and bomb threats that someone posted on Twitter earlier today. It was talked about on the last thread.

That guy was arrested! :great:

Just saw this on MSNBC, Jodi was transported to Psych ward. Something happened on her way to the court house. The court proceedings is delayed until next Wednesday.

IMO, this is a fake breakdown. She is playing everyone again, but just like all her other actions, she is not pull it off successfully. After hearing her verdict, if she goes back to jail then we heard she had a breakdown, it would be more convincing. But to get on TV interview first then have a breakdown, not convincing at all.

Beth Karas said she knows Jodi made it to the courthouse around 3pm?

I'm really tired of the secrets in the public trial!!

If MSNBC is right, I agree with you, she's playing a game and her and her DT needs more time for something - just like this whole trial.

Thanks for info!

So an attorney on HLN saying probably seeing if the convicted murderer is "competent".

Now she's gonna play the "crazy" card. Evaluate her competency...

I am SO SICK OF HER :stormingmad:

I hate to say this (and I'm purely speculating), but is it possible that the murderess' attorneys heard Juror # 8's telephone interview yesterday, specifically the "We all had our personal devices..cell phones, iPhones, tablets and were able to keep busy", and now the defense team is doing something in regards to that?

This twists my guts-but I think you are on to something.:eek::pullhair:

If they had Jodi in a cell on psych ward, stripped down, etc. as we often hear described....then she got a taste last night of what her 23 or 24 hour a day lock down on death row would be like, and so she got into trial today and feigned fainting or something very dramatic as to stall. A psych evaluation seems a given and of course any lawyer in their right mind would ask for one, having seen her interview.

I just saw a new clip of that interview where she is AGAIN taking digs at Travis and all that got revealed about him, the double life, the lies, the pedophilia, OH MY GOD, the anger and contempt she is showing, is palatable. This is the nail in her coffin. Juan Martinez is going to be allowed to show this. I am glad of it. It will help ANY juror understand there is nothing remotely remorseful about her, she basically says Travis had it coming.

It was such a self destructive interview and soooo ill advised, of course they asked for a psych evaluation, in my opinion. Her attorneys, like us, may not have seen all of the parts, just one or two last night, and then as they trickled out this am became aware of the depth and breadth of the interview and how truly unrepentant she comes across. It was a forty five minute interview, that SHE solicited, planned and thought out every word she would say. It was her verbal manifesto.

This too, will backfire to biblical proportions.

Cue up You Dropped A Bomb On Me by the Gap Band. She just never learns. :floorlaugh:

Good Post! I can see where this very well might be the reason court was cancelled today. Defense team probably filed some motions to delay (continuation) based on the venomous/calculated interview Jodi gave yesterday after court. I questioned then, WHY weren't her attorneys present? They were NOT there at time of interview just 20 minutes after court... sounds fishy to me, planned to try to get a continuation. Maybe planning to try to poison the Jury, OR make claims that one or more of the jurors were compromised. I put nothing past this defense team, they aren't above doing smarmy things IMHO.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 1m
#jodiarias Security says it is not a bomb scare of any kind-- but won't say anything else. "Wait & See"

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 13s

#jodiarias Security says it is not a bomb scare of any kind-- but won't say anything else. "Wait & See"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper