aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did y'all read this? It is what JA's cell would look like...and the items that are allowed in it should she be put on death row...including a small television OR a radio...

From the HLN site link (cell description) I couldn't imbed the photo:

12 ft. by 7 ft. cell; 86 square feet
All solo cells
Bed built into wall (hard surface bed)
Blanket and pillow
Stainless steel toilet and sink
Shelving across one side of bed, which could be used as a desk
Small chair
Personal items can be displayed in the cell and there are two small and very thin windows
Allowed to buy a small radio or TV
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/14/jodi-arias-guilty-murder-prison-death-penalty?hpt=hln10_3

The link also talks about meals, life, showers etc...:banghead:

OK,,,just turned on the TV,,,I take it they are deliberating in the mitigation phase???? Am I with the program here????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauntlet View Post
Thank you for asking. He just sent me a love letter.

It says
R E S T R A I N I N G O R D E R

Exciting isn't it??
Let's use the law of Attraction to decode that.....

looks to me like it says

L O V E Y O U F O R E V E R

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: JA is that you?? Good post SusieD!

Was wondering if anyone knows where to see a copy of the Instruction to the Jury for Aggravated Circumstance? I know from the little research that I did, that they must follow these instructions while they mull over the verdict.

I think that these Instructions are possibly different for each circumstance (separate trial) and there's no standard or over-riding set. Can anyone confirm this?

I saw Nurmi refer to them in his closing argument, but not all of them. Maybe we could dissect them ourselves, here?

TIA, as always :)

I"m starting to wonder if Civics isn't taught like it used to be. Or maybe peeps have never seen the penalty phases...it's pretty tough so if we get there; be prepared to put on your thick skin if you have it handy. I've always found the DP phases to be the most interesting at trial. That's just me, usually they involve physiologist and shrinks assessments. I hope that ALV never sees a dime for her "book"...after all of this.

I completely agree! Her family should be totally off limits, even when they behave in ways we may not like. Theirs is a painful, unimaginable hell.

All my anger is reserved for CMJA.

Especially if you remember the parents during interrogation. They knew she was cuckoo! She had been out of the house since she was 17! I think they know how their reaction hurt her and I think it' easier to block things out and live in denial.

I think that last facial picture of Travis is one of fear....I think she ordered him to sit down. I wish Juan would have mentioned the bruising and knife wounds on his lower legs. She probably stomped him while alive, at some point.

I agree, I think she had the gun pointed on him for that picture and then takes the knife in the other hand...evil people are just talented like that.

I think they will definitely find that she was cruel..

They still get to choose the death penalty if they like. If any hold outs it will be there.

When you encounter a bug that freaks you out, why not just vacuum it up?

In this case, it would stink up the vacuum! I do vacuum bugs, but not stinky bugs :twocents: Every time you turn on the vacuum after that you smell the stink:facepalm: (from personal experience).

Whoever asked... KCL was going after 1pm to join the court watch

Everyone seems so certain that the jury will come back with yes on "especially cruel"; maybe I am just a nervous Nellie, but I don't think it is a certainty at all. You never know what the jury is thinking and it only takes one to gum things up since the "yes" must be unanimous. There could easily be a couple jurors who feel the extreme nature of the murder can be put off on JA going overboard due to the alleged abuse she supposedly suffered and that therefore she didn't "know" how "extremely cruel" she was being. I don't agree with this, but I can imagine a couple jurors buying into that especially as they are headed towards the DP vote and they may be feeling anxious about that. I don't think they will all agree to not finding "extreme cruelty" but I am nervous about the possibility of an "unable to reach a unanimous decision."

Although I don't think its a foregone conclusion that they find his death extremely cruel, I don't think for a minute it's bc they feel she went overboard bc they believed ANY part of her story.

Reservations about the DP in general, reservations about actually voting for it for real versus in theory, yea that's a possibility.

It happened with me with the CA and JA verdicts...thinking I might hit the couch...cell phone next to me....Vinnie P has a habit of waking me up with his tweets... Worth a shot!

I've got my orders from schmae to blitz her fb to wake her up if she is still napping :floorlaugh:

Lets say JA truly did want the death penalty. Could she have said at any point judge, give me the death penalty and let everyone else get back to their family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah right after she pleaded guilty 5 yrs ago

I completely agree! Her family should be totally off limits, even when they behave in ways we may not like. Theirs is a painful, unimaginable hell.

All my anger is reserved for CMJA.

For 80% of the trial, Jodi's mom and her twin sister joked, laughed, snickered, giggled, acted like they were having fun at a movie theater, and made a point of laughing at TA's family when TA's family would be visibly upset. :stormingmad:

LWOP or what say you all?

LWOP is my guess. Not because aggravation wasn't proven. Rather because I think there has to be a nagging doubt in the mind of at least one juror that there is some mental illness present.

PS Those people JVM interviews outside the courthouse make me want to move to California.

I REALLY hate bugs.

ETA I hope I'm wrong and she gets the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vliegtuig