aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the jury say they would be taking only 1 hour for lunch? What could be the holdup to a unanimous decision?

Editing to propose a horrible possibility: a juror or jurors can't give a death penalty even though they swore they could in voire dire? Ruh-roh!

LWOP or what say you all?

My vote is jury will say yes to cruelty.

And yes to DP. (Although I'm personally okay with either DP or LWOP.) The DP deliberations will be a day or 3, imo.

Was wondering if anyone knows where to see a copy of the Instruction to the Jury for Aggravated Circumstance? I know from the little research that I did, that they must follow these instructions while they mull over the verdict.

I think that these Instructions are possibly different for each circumstance (separate trial) and there's no standard or over-riding set. Can anyone confirm this?

I saw Nurmi refer to them in his closing argument, but not all of them. Maybe we could dissect them ourselves, here?

TIA, as always :)

(EDIT**** LOOK AT 1.6******)Look at 11.05 here http://www.azbar.org/media/292098/2011_cumulative_supplement.pdf

Ack, JVM is accosting people outside court again. Run people Run!

Can the jury find that it was especially/extremely cruel AND give her the DP without having to go through the dog and pony show otherwise referred to as the mitigation phase?

Do you have any last words?

So that's gotta be an hour long speech knowing Arias .. I'd like to thank my so called friends, my abusive mother, my distant father, and my stupid sister .. then all my cheating boyfriends, and the hypocrites I met in the church .. I'd like to thank my untrustworthy attorneys and HLN, and finally all the punitive staff here in prison. And most of all the pedophile abuser Travis. It's all your fault. Saint Jodi of Arias.

This is my very first post - I feel like those people who call into radio stations and say, "long time listener, first time caller"! I have been lurking for a very long time. So my two little comments are: If this isn't cruel...I don't want to hear or see what cruel must be!! And secondly, I ran into Goodwill on the way home today to look for a vase - all of these people were gathered in one section.......it was the used tvs and they had the trial on!! The camera was on JA as she attempted to cry.... One man muttered under his breath, "What a pathetic actress!!!" ...........I've learned so much reading here - thanks everyone!!

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

Do you guys get 17 year cicadas? We're expecting them any day (they starting to come out in Northern Virginia). Two and a half inches long, by the millions.

not sure, but I do know we get locust bugs? dont know if they are 1 in the same, or same family?

eta, I wonder how Jodi is feeling right now waiting on this verdict...not that i have any sympathy for her...

c'mon jurors..lets do this!!!!

Yes Vinnie, we are very well aware of that. Vinnie, you have done After Dark ( horrible joke) and now making dumba** comments, please stop. I've always really respected you, don't make me change that stance.

Just back from picking my son up from school and let me tell you, I raced back home quicker then a witch flying at broom speed lol

for 1..I am sure that the jurors will come back soon w/ their verdict, jmo

for 2..this big Texas sized stink bug was in my car flying around and refused to fly out the windows as I was driving...I was freaking out b/c it was buzzing my head lol

2cndo52.jpg

my son, refuses to open the back of the car and get the monster bug out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is super man when I need him? OHHHHHHHHHHHH JM< I need you lol

We're deep into love bug season in Florida. Ugh. There is no love for love bugs here! They spatter all over your windshield and clog up the radiator and are so acidic nothing wants to eat them. A real pain. I won't include a picture of them because it might be considered "bug *advertiser censored*" or something...they fly around, um, attached. At the rear.

If Jodi's tweeting bothers you, you might want to read here, about John Thanos, the scariest, most disgusting murderer you never heard of:

John Thanos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maryland almost never executes anybody (and recently eliminated the death penalty) but there were no tears for this guy.

Just back from picking my son up from school and let me tell you, I raced back home quicker then a witch flying at broom speed lol

for 1..I am sure that the jurors will come back soon w/ their verdict, jmo

for 2..this big Texas sized stink bug was in my car flying around and refused to fly out the windows as I was driving...I was freaking out b/c it was buzzing my head lol

2cndo52.jpg

my son, refuses to open the back of the car and get the monster bug out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is super man when I need him? OHHHHHHHHHHHH JM< I need you lol

I had one in my pants once- felt scratchy- fresh out of the drawer- they like cotton I think. My family thought i was being attacked.

So that's gotta be an hour long speech knowing Arias .. I'd like to thank my so called friends, my abusive mother, my distant father, and my stupid sister .. then all my cheating boyfriends, and the hypocrites I met in the church .. I'd like to thank my untrustworthy attorneys and HLN, and finally all the punitive staff here in prison. And most of all the pedophile abuser Travis. It's all your fault. Saint Jodi of Arias.

You left out her high school "art mentor", some acknowledgment of the inestimable importance of the thesaurus in her life, a shout out to the Latinas in the big house for assisting her in her "come-to-chola" moment, and her endorsement of golf pencils and tracing paper.

From WAT 1 :

15 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

I had to switch to the knooter. Anke was hurting too much. I'm in the hallway waiting for a verdict. #JodiArias

they should be back by now. I keep thinking about that one lady on the jury that TH's claimed stomped out and looked defiant. I hope there are no bleeding hearts on this jury.

LWOP or what say you all?

LWOP would be a gross miscarriage of justice.

She is the worst kind of liar.

If she wanted death, she could have plead guilty to it and requested it.

But that was not what JA wanted most.

Having butcher-slaughtered Travis physically, she now wanted to assassinate his character, and then to punish his survivors.

Bring on the pentobarbital before she kills again.

Because given enough time, she will find a way to mete out death again, and again, and again...

How long has the jury been deliberating in this phase?

Case in point when Jaun said she "chased him down the hallway" she specifically shook her head NO.

It is my opinion that since the convicted murderer claimed fognesia and doesn't remember any part of the stabbing, she has no right to refute Juan's version of events. She had multiple opportunities to tell the truth and tell us exactly how she inflicted all of those injuries on that poor man. Because she didn't, she needs to sit their quietly and cut out the head shaking and any other facial expressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879