aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think JA was crying because she hopes the jury will come back with DP? Her face was so contorted during the arguments, I was thinking there's the devil.

Bringing this over...

Can someone answer this...and I apologize in advance if it has been asked to death (pun intended...LOL!!)

IF the jury comes back with guilty of aggravated whatever.

Does that pretty much seal the deal for the death penalty? I mean, they wouldn't find it was "extremely cruel" or whatever...and then not give her the DP? Right? What would be the point?

I believe if all 12 jurors find the extreme cruelty factor is met it allows them to consider the death penalty.

The mitigation phase allows the defense to try to show why she doesn't deserve the death penalty.

I don't see how this murder could be anything but cruel! It's the very definition of cruel!

no there's mitigation next...
Thought Jodi said there were no mitigating factors!! So Mom didn't beat her with a wooden spoon??? If she did, it wasn't hard enough. Jodi has no redeeming qualities, give her Death. No, not Patrick Henry here...

Hi Everyone!

At work but popping in for a minute...looks like Juan did fantastic today.

Big hugs for Travis's family....what a hard day but this hard part will be over soon.

I know this jury will do the right thing!

So do you think JA was crying because she hopes the jury will come back with DP? Her face was so contorted during the arguments, I was thinking there's the devil.

I was thinking she's looking more and more like that magazine story (Arizona Republic?) cover pic of her.

So the jury went to lunch already? I was hoping they would have a verdict so fast they wouldn't need to.

No, she really wants to live and is crying for herself, she now realizes her goose is cooked.

At the request of Mr. Nurmi I've removed all of my emotions from this decision.... And yup, still extremely and especially cruel.

Now let's move on to the penalty phase please.

Naw she was crying because she thinks that what she is supposed to do. She's mimicking what she thinks is the correct behavior, but she doesn't really feel it.

LOL, I just noticed that the autocorrect on this site uses American English. I'm American but I spell certain words in the brit way, and it corrected me. :)

According to HLN JC at least an hour as she saw jurors with lunch (paraphrasing).

So the jury went to lunch already? I was hoping they would have a verdict so fast they wouldn't need to.
They're in no hurry because it's easy/peasy. At this point, I'd want to eat too.

Thought Jodi said there were no mitigating factors!! So Mom didn't beat her with a wooden spoon??? If she did, it wasn't hard enough. Jodi has no redeeming qualities, give her Death. No, not Patrick Henry here...

well, ya know, jodi says lotsa things...

Evening everybody! :seeya:

Just to clear this up for those confused and/or newcomers: this part of the case is when the jury determines whether the State has met its legal burden for pursuing the death penalty. If no, the case will move onto sentencing and the judge will sentence Jodi to life, with or without parole eligibility after serving 25 years. If yes, a mini-trial of sorts occurs with both sides presenting their case for/against the death penalty. Only then will a jury deliberate on death. They have to be unanimous according to AZ law. If they aren't, we revert to the judge sentencing life.

HTH

Thank you for posting this. So the current deliberation is about whether the state has met it's proof for DP, and if the jury comes back with yes, then there are arguments for and against death? Did I get that right?

Saving my seat. My heart hurts for Steven and Sam the most. Steven breaks my heart. Does anyone know if the lady behind Steven the other day is an aunt or? I'm so thankful she is there for him..

Chris Williams on AZ central says we're on lunch break until 1:30.

Assuming the jury agrees on cruelty - does anyone know if we start on the penalty phase immediately, or tomorrow (or next week, the way this trial has gone?)

Any time now with that verdict...can't imagine it's going to take too long....

Maybe they'll have a long and leisurely lunch to make JA suffer. But that's cruel, I guess.

Thank you for posting this. So the current deliberation is about whether the state has met it's proof for DP, and if the jury comes back with yes, then there are arguments for and against death? Did I get that right?
Exactly right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member