aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this. So the current deliberation is about whether the state has met it's proof for DP, and if the jury comes back with yes, then there are arguments for and against death? Did I get that right?

Yep.

The arguments for/against the DP will include the victim impact statements from his family/friends, and also testimony from her family/friends trying to convince the jury she deserves life instead of death.

Bringing this over...

Can someone answer this...and I apologize in advance if it has been asked to death (pun intended...LOL!!)

IF the jury comes back with guilty of aggravated whatever.

Does that pretty much seal the deal for the death penalty? I mean, they wouldn't find it was "extremely cruel" or whatever...and then not give her the DP? Right? What would be the point?
Ummm, actually there was one "juror" on HLN's After Dark last night, who thought it was cruel, but was Anti-DP, so I guess she'd vote for Life.

While I am waiting for the decision from the jury I am amusing myself watching the Amy's Bakery episode on Kitchen Nightmares.

Chris Williams on AZ central says we're on lunch break until 1:30.

Assuming the jury agrees on cruelty - does anyone know if we start on the penalty phase immediately, or tomorrow (or next week, the way this trial has gone?)

every time the Judge calls the day early, the defense brings on more delays....I hope she will proceed until the day's end. I am assuming JM is prepared to go forward.....I just hate to end and have to wait for the DT to bring on more motions/put JA in the psych ward for eval/migraine/etc......

Let's get on with it! :please:

:seeya: And the HLN Clock is back up : 25 minutes !

While I am waiting for the decision from the jury I am amusing myself watching the Amy's Bakery episode on Kitchen Nightmares.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Are they equivalent in importance? :floorlaugh:

So do you think JA was crying because she hopes the jury will come back with DP? Her face was so contorted during the arguments, I was thinking there's the devil.

I think she was wishing she could do the same thing to JM that she did to Travis

It will take the jury an hour to go over instructions. 15 minutes to vote. Moo. :cow:

:toast:

Then I bet they get rest of day off and mitigation phase starts tomorrow...moo only

I'm wondering if the reason they took a lunch break is that they expect court to continue after they give their ruling on this phase. Which would be a good sign.

Or it could be something as simple as the fact that the court workers are required by law to have a meal break after a certain number of hours at work; they've been here all morning.

They're in no hurry because it's easy/peasy. At this point, I'd want to eat too.

Can they eat their lunch while deliberating or do they have to take an official break? The jury I was on, we could eat while in the deliberation room so as to not take up more time.

Yep.

The arguments for/against the DP will include the victim impact statements from his family/friends, and also testimony from her family/friends trying to convince the jury she deserves life instead of death.

So do you think the jury will come back with a decision today?

Yeah, why can't the jury just order a sushi platter and deliberate over lunch?

There's a really amusing article on kpho about that episode and Amy's response to it.

Miss Amy has snapped, honey.

HLN replaying the 2 minutes of silence that was the time JA took to murder Travis.
"and now he had his throat slit ..."
I missed it live earlier ... VERY POWERFUL

The lead attorney in the Brad Cooper murder trial closed out his arguments with 3 minutes of complete silence, his own hand against his throat, to show the amount of time it took for Cooper to strangle his wife to death. He interjected a comment, "she's not dead yet...still has another minute to go..." The sobbing family could be heard in the background. The killer smirked in response. It was extremely effective to show premeditation.

I'm wondering if the reason they took a lunch break is that they expect court to continue after they give their ruling on this phase. Which would be a good sign.

Or it could be something as simple as the fact that the court workers are required by law to have a meal break after a certain number of hours at work; they've been here all morning.

Has anyone officially observing announced that the jurors have taken lunch break?

So the jury went to lunch already? I was hoping they would have a verdict so fast they wouldn't need to.

They probably voted before they went to lunch and hopefully, this phase will all be over after lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member