aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so friggin confused? How many other verdict watched will there be? WTF is after aggravation phase? Does this mean people will be called up some more? The onyl good news is that JM still has time to tell the Jury about JA's proclamation about beggin for DP.

I had to bring this over :

Today, 02:34 PM

Madeleine74
Well...It's YOUR fog!

This phase is NOT sentencing. THIS phase is to determine if the aggravating factor was met. IF the jury says "yes" and it's unanimous, THEN the next phase will begin (the mitigating phase) in which JA's lawyers throw spaghetti against the wall and find people to plead for JA's life. It is only after that phase that the jury will deliberate the sentence: whether JA gets LWOP or the DP.

Madeleine.......... HYSTERICAL !

Just curious: Last December the DT filed a motion to preclude the Prosecution from using 'lack of remorse' in the penalty phase. The Prosecution did not respond to the motion. Will JSS make a ruling on this motion this afternoon? The Prosecution was also prohibbited from using 'lack of remorse' in their CIC because Jodi Ann Arias was considered innocent until proven guilty.

Has anyone officially observing announced that the jurors have taken lunch break?

Well the reporters inside the courtroom tweeted that they were told both the jurors and the judge have gone to lunch. And the feed is back to the seal. I guess that's official enough as we're gonna get.

Dear Jodi,

They're on to you. Troy isn't coming backstage after your show today.

PS... Be careful what you wish for.

Ummm, actually there was one "juror" on HLN's After Dark last night, who thought it was cruel, but was Anti-DP, so I guess she'd vote for Life.

But all of the actual jurors are death qualified.

IMO

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 13m

Thank you #JuanMartinez. So glad #TravisAlexander got Juan and #JodiArias got Nurmi. Justice is being served T! Miss you brother!

aw. i feel so bad for chris. i feel bad for everybody. except HER and her creepy attorneys.

I just want her to get the death penalty... but not die.

On the death row... so she can't socialize with her peeps.

(You know, like it usually happens when people appeal forever.)

I love the idea of years and years and years with no opportunity to be the Queen Bee, no attention,...but the DP for her is just fine with me too...

I vote some of each!

How can any one person think this crime was not unusually cruel? He did not die instantly and she followed him as he was crawling away in order to slit his throat. He had 2 minutes to think about what was happening to him, think about his family and friends, have his entire life flash before his eyes, possibly think about things he'd wished he said to certain people. He died in the cruelest way imaginable, slowly and in pain, watching his attacker come at him over and over again.

I am so friggin confused? How many other verdict watched will there be? WTF is after aggravation phase? Does this mean people will be called up some more? The onyl good news is that JM still has time to tell the Jury about JA's proclamation about beggin for DP.

The aggravation phase determines if the crime meets the standard to be eligible for the death penalty.

If this is found to be true, then the penalty phase begins which will determine if she gets the DP, LWOP, or LWP.

Then we'll be done, and have to find something else to do with our days

I'm thinking the person you are referring to is, "Nom Nom," - Travis' grandmother who basically raised him.

I know right??? Actually it should be interesting to see her expression when they come back for a verdict. If she really does want death (I don't personally buy it) and they come back with a proven then she shouldn't be all weepy and sad she should be happy that the jury is giving her what she wants.

:jail: from a low low low chair...

:seeya: Good Afternoon Y'All !

:drumroll::drumroll::drumroll: for Mr. Martinez !

I have NO DOUBT this jury will find EXTREME CRUELTY !

:jail::jail::jail: for Jodi !

Howdy DGC! TY for all your twitter reports!

I agree with you that this intelligent jury will conclude extreme cruelty.

I truly believe that this jury will consider the overwhelming evidence of extreme cruelty (28 sharp force injuries) & will return a just verdict.

I have no doubt that during the long 2 minutes, this jury envisioned the mental/emotional terror & physical agony that Travis Alexander experienced while Arias savagely attacked him.

Does anyone know what witnesses are lined up for Mitigation?

To add just a little levity on such an emotionally overwhelming day for any and everyone, I wanted to share what just happened....

I'm watching the end of JM closing, I'm angry, I'm crying, and my nerves are practically screaming and (I have an anxiety d/o) so I reach over and grab (what I thought were) my Klonopin....Um, ended up taking a sleeping pill by accident because I was so shook up and didn't realize it until I started to swallow what color the stupid pill was...*sigh*:scared:

If the jury comes back soon I may be snoozing....My husband thought it was so funny I thought he was going to pass out from laughter. Anyway...since he thought it was funny thought maybe someone else might get a smile out of it.

Only other thing I have to say is....May a loving God surround, hold, and strengthen TA's family/loved ones on this day and on the days to come! My heart breaks for them all. Knowing it happened is bad enough, but then finding out horrifying details is even worse.

((hugs)) from a fellow anxiety disorder sufferer. :scared: < one of my fave emotes, it's us! :D

This is to determine if there were "aggravating factors" sufficient enough to warrant the DP. All 12 jurors have to agree and come to a unanimous decision. If they decide it was extremely cruel enough then the mitigation phase will begin. Basically, the DT will need to present evidence as to why her life should be spared and the DP not be imposed.

Right now, there are 2 possible sentence choices: LWOP or the DP. During the mitigation phase, the DT will be hoping for LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr