aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am anti-DP in most cases except serial killers, etc, (sorry!), but I would have a huge problem with any possibility of parole. I think I would vote for death just to make sure she can't hope for parole, seriously, and that is profound.

Why the possibility of parole for viscious monsters like this? That's rhetorical, but I really just hate that :(

Wow. Just as the barbaric gruesome stabbing of Travis was overkill, so too IMO is this portion of the trial. She has been found guilty of Murder one. I don't see that this serves any purpose. She is never again going to see the light of day. While I understand that there are crimes that cut us to the bone (in this case literally), I cannot see that having her die for this does any good. I am against the death penalty.

Then you would have been excused from this jury. All the jurors in this trial were death penalty qualified. The only way she won't get the death penalty is if the jurors don't find extreme cruelty. I don't see that happening. Some people don't deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us, and Jodi is one of those people. For those that don't believe in the death penalty, than maybe praying for her soul is an idea that should be entertained. I pray for Travis's family, and for them to find peace.

I love the idea of years and years and years with no opportunity to be the Queen Bee, no attention,...but the DP for her is just fine with me too...

I vote some of each!

The longer Jodi lives, the more opportunity she'll have to slander Travis and his family. Even on death row, she'll find a way to get her message to the outside world, be it through magazine codes, Morse code or astral projection. Her evil must be purged from the world so that Travis may finally rest in peace and that the sun may rise again!

In between agg and penalty is mitigation .. that says that she's real messed up and it's not her fault she was so barbaric etc .. think bad childhoods, drug addicted parent, super low IQ etc ..

Actually, the penalty phase encompasses aggravation and mitigation. We are in the penalty phase right now.

Every stunt JA has pulled has backfired on her. Even cutting herself and said, "Ouch. That stung." This little interview she just did will backfire too.

While I am waiting for the decision from the jury I am amusing myself watching the Amy's Bakery episode on Kitchen Nightmares.

i watched that yesterday morning,that chick is all sorts of crazy

When will the victim's family get to finally make their impact statements to the court? :waiting:
IMHO they have endured so much pain because of this monster's actions.
They must have a voice in this process and really be heard.:please:

May Grace and Favor be with them through this agonizing experience.
:moo:

one other point: Why isn't she wearing her black and white striped prison issue suit???

Punishment phase, which is next. Also during that phase JA's family could say how she was a sweet little girl and loved spelling tests and easy bake ovens so she deserves to live. It's going to be a sickening and very sad phase to watch !

Really, I leave for a minute, go pee, grab a soda, got closed out and pages behind.

People People, wait for me next time.

And Steely I never got my lunch WTH

Howdy DGC! TY for all your twitter reports!

I agree with you that this intelligent jury will conclude extreme cruelty.

I truly believe that this jury will consider the overwhelming evidence of extreme cruelty (28 sharp force injuries) & will return a just verdict.

I have no doubt that during the long 2 minutes, this jury envisioned the mental/emotional terror & physical agony that Travis Alexander experienced while Arias savagely attacked him.

:seeya: Hi Sorrell ... nice to see ya hear ! And You're Welcome -- I just luv WAT's tweets !

I thought the 2 minutes was a brilliant move by Mr. M ... it gave me "goosebumps" !

:seeya:

Just curious: Last December the DT filed a motion to preclude the Prosecution from using 'lack of remorse' in the penalty phase. The Prosecution did not respond to the motion. Will JSS make a ruling on this motion this afternoon? The Prosecution was also prohibbited from using 'lack of remorse' in their CIC because Jodi Ann Arias was considered innocent until proven guilty.
JS said she would rule on it after the evidence had all been submitted, so I assume if it gets to mitigation, Juan WILL be able to use it.

I couldn't imagine that anyone could see this as not especially cruel. Have faith, though, I believe in this jury.

Can they eat their lunch while deliberating or do they have to take an official break? The jury I was on, we could eat while in the deliberation room so as to not take up more time.

yes they can and I hope they are...my frigging nerves are shot and my emotions are raw (selfish I know) :facepalm:

this has probably been asked a million times already but i was too busy stuffing my fat face :floorlaugh:

if/when the jury come back today with an unanimous vote the murder was cruel,do we go straight to the mitigation phase? please say yes

Is this televised somewhere right now? I'm going through all the channels and got zip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For someone who said she would 'beg for the DP if she killed Travis; and someone who told Troy Hayden after the verdict that she 'preferred the DP over LWOP, Jodi Ann Arias just outdid herself with the worst performance of her life to gain juror sympathy!

WHAT AN ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She 'cries' through her nose with her mouth hanging open, lol! After today's 'performance' I am convinced she is not a borderline personality; she is just plain evil! Borderlines and Bi Polar sufferers do NOT go 'in and out' on cue! Her blalck beady eyes were peaking out between her fingers when certain photos were shown. She shook her head "NO" when Juan described the stabbings in the shower and the scene at the bathroom sink. Jodi Ann Arias knows exactly how she killed Travis - every second of it. It could just be that the Prosecution got the sequence of events wrong, but Jodi Ann Arias can't correct them. She must stick with the 'fog'! She is a victim of her own lies!

Her demeanor this morning was so unhinged, I fully expect another last ditch 'performance' when she receives her sentence. If she gets the DP, she can't very well go ballistic - she begged for it. If she gets LWOP, she may put on an act - screaming for the DP. She will not go gently into the night - she will have the last word before she is hauled away to a life of isolation and desolation.

So long, Jodi Ann Arias - enjoy your last day of semi-freedom and notoriety! You did it to yourself!

I thought the same thing. When she was shaking her head no when JM was talking about him standing at the sink....I wish he could've said "the defendant is shaking her head no but 1. The evidence shows his blood dripping into the sink while he is at a standing position and 2. According to her, she was in a fog during this time.".

I have seen the "two minute" scenerio used in the Courtroom several times and it is always an eye opener. Amazing.

I have not seen ONE tear fall from the murderers eyes. I have seen lots of nose wipes but NEVER a single tear.

She has no soul.

I'm thinking the person you are referring to is, "Nom Nom," - Travis' grandmother who basically raised him.

I think she was called "Mum mum".

Nom Nom is what someone says when they're munching on a yummy snack, lol :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth