aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i watched that yesterday morning,that chick is all sorts of crazy

I watched it as we'll...absolutely fascinating...poor Gordon...
I bet that's how volatile and self serving our murderess was...

If we get a death penalty phase, Jodi's head is going to fall off from all her head shaking, carrying out the probable sentence right there in court.

Omg I can't deal with it! It's horrific; like it's becoming an Epidemic. An Answer a Way Out.

nobody noticed her freaking out? Or saying things that warn them of this maybe on her mind?:stormingmad:

Does anybody know which family member(s) and or friends will give a VIS?
Good question. When will this happen? I really want to see them have a chance to be heard, instead of the murderer running the show.

Did anyone see Dr. Horn have to stifle back a smirk when JW was objecting to every question? He's so handsome :blowkiss:

:seeya: Hey everyone, I'm also a little confused. :scared: (Can't find the 'confused' smiley ...)

1. Does a unanimous decision in favour of aggravating circumstances mean the DP is a sentencing option?

Yes, right?

2. Therefore 'Not guilty' of aggravating circumstances means the DP is not an option?

3. What happens if someone strictly opposed to the DP is called for jury duty or are all candidates screened? Or are all candidates just supposed to be pro-DP?

This last point only just occurred to me. For example, if someone is called to jury duty for a capital murder trial and opposed the DP, is there a danger they may find the defendant 'not guilty', because the sentencing could go against their personal moral beliefs.

TIA for any answers. I'm just not sure how it works. Was watching on FOX. Gosh!

PS : I'm sure you guys picked this up but in the interview that she gave after the verdict, she repeatedly referred to the DP as 'freedom' (at least 3 times). I guess this was a ploy to get the jury NOT to give her the DP, right, as she reckoned no-one wanted to see her 'free'. This is something else that's only just occurred to me. *slowly catches up*

#1: Yes

#2: Not sure that "not guilty" would be the right phrase, it might be "not found", (I'm not a lawyer), but yes.

#3: I'm against the DP and I was called to jury service on a capital case. Each of us jurors had to go into the courtroom and sit in the witness box and answer our questions about the DP. I explained my POV and told the prosecutor that even though it would be hard in the case before us, I still could not go against my conscience and vote for the DP. So I was excused. I would therefore assume that all the jurors indicated a willingness to consider the DP if they felt the case was proven.

So to answer your last question, I am sure that anyone who tells the judge/attorneys honestly that they would be unwilling to vote for the DP they would never be on the case at all.

Your heart cannot help but weep when the camera shows Steven looking at each of his sisters to see if they are doing okay...he's so stoic. Tanisha looks mad as h3ll today! G-d bless all of these siblings, their spouses-S.O., the aunts, uncles, cousins and Travis' friends and the new friends by the way of supporters they've befriended for life along the way.

COURAGE AND WISDOM TO THE JURY!

What is the final stage called?

Mitigation is the final stage. After that is the final deliberation on whether Jodi gets life or death. If the cruelty factor is not met in this deliberation, this is the final stage and Jodi's sentence is up to the judge.

I got called into a meeting at 2:45 and just got out. What did I miss!? Are they at lunch or deliberating?

I thought the same thing. When she was shaking her head no when JM was talking about him standing at the sink....I wish he could've said "the defendant is shaking her head no but 1. The evidence shows his blood dripping into the sink while he is at a standing position and 2. According to her, she was in a fog during this time.".

the standing on her head stuff..:twocents::fence:

There's a really amusing article on kpho about that episode and Amy's response to it.

Miss Amy has snapped, honey.

I watched the episode yesterday. I DVR the show and honestly, they were the worst owners that I have ever seen. I can't imagine that they will be around for much longer. What a shame, the place looked cute.

Did u intentionally figure out a way to post w/o using 'w/W'?
It makes me want to try to post only in Haiku or something...

Yes--I choose my linguistic items carefully at those times I am at home using this dying laptop. Like at this moment.

I watched the episode yesterday. I DVR the show and honestly, they were the worst owners that I have ever seen. I can't imagine that they will be around for much longer. What a shame, the place looked cute.

I heard it mentioned a week or so ago on WS and when I saw the media attention I went and looked. wow.

Youtubes already up in case anyone wants to view.

Here is a 13 minutes clip of Closing by Juan......(part 15 of "thecount") [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLz2Td1Ub8w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLz2Td1Ub8w[/ame]

Here is the next 11 minutes of closing Part 16) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4Tt6lTpgo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4Tt6lTpgo[/ame] and

here is part 17 of closing that is 11 minutes [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olq_OSXBKa0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olq_OSXBKa0[/ame]

Is this televised somewhere right now? I'm going through all the channels and got zip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Court is in recess so you're not missing anything at the moment. HLN I guess is covering it; there's streaming on the internet in various places. I use AZCentral.Com or AZFamily.com or KPHO.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895