aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Only now during this last phase, are they even will to consider that she actually had Borderline Personality Disorder. They could have used that in her defense, but they said it wasn't true until now.

First of all, what the defense attorneys say and what they believe are 2 very different things. BPD has nothing to do with her qualifying for the DP consideration and it couldn't have saved her during the guilt phase. She is legally responsible for her actions, regardless of what kind of personality disorder she may have. She's not insane and she knows right from wrong.

Her attorneys not agreeing with DeMarte's diagnosis of bpd does not mean they didn't believe their client would face a possible DP sentence. Of course they did. Take a look at all the motions filed in this case over the last few years. They knew. Just like they knew she would be convicted of 1st degree murder. They're not stupid; they knew the odds going in. This was a slam dunk on the guilt phase. They've known they would have to be ready for this coming phase.

I have more faith in people than you maybe do. I don't think the jury has been breaking the rules and watching coverage of the story. I think there are still people around who can follow the rules and do what the court instructs them to do. When I served on a jury (not a big case) I took my instructions seriously because I want justice to work for me or my family if I ever need it. These are responsible adults. They will do what they are told to do because they know someone's life depends on it. IMO

Very well said. I don't think for a minute that this jury has done anything other than follow the rules. I commend them for their service. They reached a verdict based on the evidence, twice. I took my jury service just as seriously. I never uttered a word. My kids know how I feel about our system, and they never even tried to ask. It was a given. I am proud of these jurors. And I do think from the sound of their voices when they were polled today that she is going to get the DP.

What do you guys think about deliberation time for the penalty?
I'm thinking it will go a while. At least will prepare for a long deliberation.

I'd be interested in the stats pertaining to...murder 1 verdicts followed quickly by aggravated cruelty verdicts...and death penalty verdicts.

It seems to me that this jury has had enough and made their toughest decision (murder 1) and is basically closing this sh&^ out at this point. Kind of a team now...the first phase was a feeling out process - that's why it took so long.

Now that it's clear to everyone -- including the jury -- that it was nothing more than yet another attack on Travis Alexander by Jodi Arias, I'd like to see HLN stop with the sex tape altogether. Nobody needs to hear another single, solitary syllable of that tape ever again, IMO.

I also wish they would stop showing pictures of them together.

I have never been able to locate the laughing at post mortem photos videos. Would you be so super über awesome and point me to them? :wave:

I don't know where they would be. I only know it was a day when her granny was there! In her wheel chair and later observed going out of the jail passing up her daughters. Happy hunting:seeya:

Juror number one concerns me. Her half-hearted "yes" was the result of what could be several scenarios. Maybe she was just sad to have to come to that conclusion. Maybe she was hedging because she knew it was the prelude to the death penalty. Maybe it was the result of her fellow jurors telling her a "yes vote" was not a death sentence, that she had the ability to vote "no" during that phase, but this round was just to establish that she qualified for the death penalty. I hope I'm wrong. There were some others that didn't come across as being strong "yes" votes, but I assume it was because they were on the back row. (further away from the microphone) I guess we will know pretty soon.

My mom said the exact same thing about juror one!

I think maybe juror one is just soft spoken.

NOPE. I believe with ALL MY HEART this Jury already has their MINDS MADE UP. They are already on board with the Death Penalty. If anyone thinks this jury or anyone on this jury hasn't seen the media circus going on around this trial, then I have some Ocean Front property there in Arizona for sale. This trial has been BLASTED everywhere, they have HAD to been exposed somewhere somehow, they KNOW what' the truth is. If they weren't prepared to give out the Death Penalty, they would have stopped today. It's a GO.

BBM
Hang on to that property in AZ. After the BIG ONE in California it's gonna be worth a bundle!:floorlaugh:

I totally agree. AZ can order that IV with Jodi's name on it. She's toast.

Jodie's mom gets to talk to a living Jodie (jailhouse ) Travis alexanders family gets to go to a grave, talk to Travis but he can't respond because Jodie took his life.

Jodie's mom laughed at autopsy photos and enjoyed her giggles! Knowing cameras were on her.

The Alexander family sat in court broken, crying in anguish. As sandy and her sister laughed and mocked the Alexander family.

Yes in the interrogation videos. Her mom did seem visibly upset! But that all changed in time.

I don't believe this for one second. Making up a story like this is mean.

Do you know time stamps of videos that substantiate these claims. TIA

I'm not sure they were caught on tape or if someone was in the courtroom sitting behind them when it happened. It could have been both.

had to leave for a couple hours and the jury came back! What was it like? How did Jodi react? How about her mother and the Alexander's too? Anyone please? Will it be posted here? Thanks!!

see post #1112 - 2nd picture was taken as the guilty verdict was being read - no whatsoever expression - none at all!

Here's a long shot photo of ja in jail stripes

Dr. Drew ‏@DrDrewHLN 4m
Photo: Jodi in prison stripes arriving back at Estrella Jail today. (Courtesy: In Session) http://twitpic.com/cqtuz0

LOOK how calmly this woman lies. Unbelievable.
Nancy Grace: Jodi Arias spews lies in interview - YouTube

What's incredible about this interview (to me) is that it was filmed AFTER Arias was in prison, and therefore AFTER she had come up with the Ninja story, in which she 'admitted' she was present - albeit lying thru her teeth about the circumstances - at Travis's house the day he died.

Yet here she is, recounting how she first heard about about his death during a phone call, and stating she last saw Travis 'sometime in early June' 'close' to the date of his death, as if that whole Ninja story had never left her lips.

:banghead:

Juror number one concerns me. Her half-hearted "yes" was the result of what could be several scenarios. Maybe she was just sad to have to come to that conclusion. Maybe she was hedging because she knew it was the prelude to the death penalty. Maybe it was the result of her fellow jurors telling her a "yes vote" was not a death sentence, that she had the ability to vote "no" during that phase, but this round was just to establish that she qualified for the death penalty. I hope I'm wrong. There were some others that didn't come across as being strong "yes" votes, but I assume it was because they were on the back row. (further away from the microphone) I guess we will know pretty soon.

I think she's fine. She probably is naturally soft spoken. Maybe she's shy. I can't form a hypothesis about LWOP or death just based on her voice.

Either way, bye bye jodi. Smile and say cheese. Lots of prayers for the Alexander family.

Just to be clear, that is not her faith. The LDS faith does not support at all the idea that they would be together forever in heaven.

PS I know what you were saying....just wanted to make sure no one took that as reality. Yikes!!

Exactly. She's a big fat liar and will make sure that everybody she ever knew is under the bus, including Mormonism and the Law of Attraction.

If she requests a visit from her bishop or any other Mormon church person, I have no doubt they will come. When I was a member, we used to bake cookies for prisoners and there was a person called to organize compassionate services for those in the local prison.

Now that's one assignment I absolutely cannot imagine - visiting Jodi Arias.

Shudder.

NOPE. I believe with ALL MY HEART this Jury already has their MINDS MADE UP. They are already on board with the Death Penalty. If anyone thinks this jury or anyone on this jury hasn't seen the media circus going on around this trial, then I have some Ocean Front property there in Arizona for sale. This trial has been BLASTED everywhere, they have HAD to been exposed somewhere somehow, they KNOW what' the truth is. If they weren't prepared to give out the Death Penalty, they would have stopped today. It's a GO.

This may not be the right post to respond to yet I wanted to before I forgot.

I think that the legacy, one of the legacy of Caylee Anthony was to have this happen!

I think it's jurors have that in mind as far as what happened in Florida.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Sandy's twin sister, (Sue) posted on the Justice For Alexander page.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/475808415828639:0

I think they're lifting those off the page that's for supporting Jodi's friends and family, and I think they should just leave the aunt alone really .. they've been putting up her posts all day, and really, there's actual news for people to discuss and it's wrong IMO .. the Aunt, the mother, they are victims too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMTAG