aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Info please........ was today's statement that Travis was facing up, as him being on his back, when she slit his throat ... new information? I had not heard it before and the DT did not object, so maybe I missed it earlier. TIA

Me, too. When did they decide that his face was looking up towards her face, vs him lying face forward with his back exposed towards her, with her leaning over him and yanking his head backwards to deliver the neck wound? Very much TIA :bee:

Hi Friends!

I really think that this trial has highlighted the best and worst of the human character.
I have watched the strength of the Alexander family as they have attended every day of this painful trial, and by painful I don't just mean hearing what happened to their brother but also having to see Jodi's show - the crocodile tears, the smirks, the lies, the absolute lack of remorse. I have seen the entire prosecution team fight with passion for the family and to be the voice of Travis himself.

I have heard of the jury sitting in the box, taking their responsibilities so very seriously, knowing that a person's life has been taken and that the taker of that life has her own life on the line. Their commitment to this trial and their duties are evident in the amount of time they took to find her guilty of M1 and to find that the state proved the excessive cruelty. They are our heroes, as well.

I have also seen the disgusting lengths that "this individual" will go to in order to place all blame at everyone's feet but her own. But I have also seen lawyers who stretch the truth, tell outright lies and turn a phrase so that it seems to mean something it is not. I have watched witnesses lie and who are so biased that it is impossible to believe anything in their testimony. And I have seen Americans disgusted by this.

So I have seen the best and worst.....and could give you so many more examples of both.

My hats are off to our heroes who have fought and are fighting the fight on behalf of Travis and his family. And to the heroes on this site, who have loved and supported Travis and his family.

As a society, it is wonderful that we are rallying for justice and for a precious life that was taken. I have to ask myself......wouldn't it be wonderful to rally all the time for truth, truth in our justice system, our political system and in how we treat each other. This trial has made me think of my life and how I make a difference to others.

When Jodi took Travis' life in anger and hatred and tried to spread that anger to others, I think she failed completely. In turn, we loved him more and allowed his life to teach us and look within ourselves to find the best. Jodi completely failed in what she was aiming to do. Instead of wiping him out, she made him into a shining light of humanity, love and an example of what we can all be.

JMO

love your post.
thank you

Not at all.

He's been advised by an attorney and is being careful what he says and doesn't want to say anything that can be used to give Jodi an appeal issue.

By democratically, I meant "careful"....sorry poor word choice. As in I agree with you.

Me, too. When did they decide that his face was looking up towards her face, vs him lying face forward with his back exposed towards her, with her leaning over him and yanking his head backwards to deliver the neck wound? Very much TIA :bee:

IMO because the direction the blood was running from in the dragging picture, however his chest could not be seen...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

brought from the last thread, originally posted by WindyCityGirl

I, too, am from Illinois, where there is a moratorium on the death penalty---for VERY good reason. I, too, am anti-DP---not just because of the record in Illinois, but because it is contrary to my faith.

Yes, I am anti-DP. Ordinarily. And here's why: I live in a state where prosecutorial misconduct is epic (and I know lots of insiders who verify this), and an appalling number of death row inmates have been exonerated. Sadly, this often only occurs posthumously. Project Innocence had its birth here---and for good reason. The number of innocent men on death row in Illinois---and by innocent, I mean TRULY innocent, not simply "not guilty," of the crimes for which they were convicted--is horrifying.

Call me a hypocrite, if you will, but executing Jodi Arias does not cause me even a moment's conflict.

She is a self-admitted murderess. That she spent several years creating an outlandish rationale to "explain" the horrendous slaughter is irrelevant. The holes in her story are outrageous. She is a cold-blooded, heinous murderess. Of that, there is no doubt.

She is profoundly personality disordered, and therefore not amenable to ANY treatment. (I am not referring to her BPD; I am referring to her psychopathy.)

She does not experience empathy. She cannot feel remorse. (Trust me on this: if you've never had the misfortune of knowing or living with a sociopath or psychopath, it is simply impossible to describe, except to say that those with normal minds are best left believing the best of others, because once you see how badly the mind can malfunction, it takes you very dark places.)

Jodi Arias is a risk to others, in a prison population. Jodi Arias is a risk to prison personnel. She has killed, heinously. She will do it again if given any opportunity.

Housing her in the penal system will be outrageously costly. She's already cost the state more than any other criminal defendant. Her appeals will be costly, as will her upkeep.

Will killing her do any good? Well, it won't be a deterrent. The DP simply isn't. But it will save society the cost of sustaining a subhuman with no redeeming qualities. Not.A.Single.One.

And it will rid the earth of one unbelievably evil woman.

I can live with that. I support the Alexander family; it is their loss we are addressing.

But all that aside---it doesn't matter that either you or I think this "serves no purpose," is "overkill," or is "barbaric." Because the laws of the State of Arizona very clearly spell out the process. And this is the way it's done.

Here, it's not. Every state has its own approach.

And that is the beauty of the United States of America.

If you don't like the laws, work to change them. I am surprised I have no problem, at all, with them just as they stand. In this case, particularly.

I understand where you are coming from...and agree a lot with you. In this state one inmate's DP was just very recently overturned (and upheld so far) due to them being convicted on the word of a crooked cop. You come from the land of Blagojevich as well....tip of the iceburg in corruption.

I have seen that many can be morally opposed to DP but can impose it as it pertains to the law of whatever state. DP was made for ppl like JA. I don't think it makes you a hypocrite but more like someone who can take personal beliefs out of the situation and see see things foe what they really are.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Right, and this Jenny lady is starting to feel sympathetic to JA? Really! Jenny is saying that JA shouldn't be put to death because she's not a serial killer.

Well, even serial killers have to start somewhere! So we probably got JA before she could do any more damage. JA's behaviour was escalating from her younger relationships. She went from cutting telephone wires to slashing throats. Yep, a serial killer in the making!

Good job, Jurors. You got it right!

I can't recall which SK it was, I'm thinking Anthony Sowell in Ohio but probably wrong... the defense tried to say in mitigation that he hadn't killed every woman. "Only" 11. Tried to bring in women he had good relationships with. Congrats on your few healthy relationships?

No thanks, I'm confident JA hit her stride and feels comfortable with what she's done and would do it again without blinking. She is a danger to society, whatever society she resides in including prison so death row is most appropriate IMO.

he felt bad for the family as the DT dragged him through the mud

I want to stick a sock in Dr D's mouth

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Asking him about trashing the victim .. juror did not like or believe it .. ouch. I hope the DT hears this. Big mistake IMO.

Jodi just put up another religious tweet .. I think her 'beliefs' are going to feature in mitigation .. I expect the jurors to see through that too.

What Jodi was doing at the defense table irritated Juror No. 8!!!!!!!

She will probably have a shiny, new coloring book when they get to make their statements. You know she is going to do her best to ignore them and use the hair curtain.

I hope she keeps shaking her head "No" and rolls her eyes and that the jury SEES it. I don't know how much they can see of her all the way across that large courtroom.

She's still trying to convince people that Travis abused her, so whenever they talk about what a wonderful person he was and how he was NOT a pedophile by ANY stretch of the imagination (if they are allowed to mention it), nor did he ever abuse a woman THAT is when JA will vigorously use body language to indicate how deluded his family is and how, sadly, SHE is the ONLY person who knew the REAL Travis.

Oh ...juror 8 ((((hug)))))

Question for individuals still here .

What trial will you be following next? I will not be following Trayvon but I will be following the Andrea Sneiderman case in Atlanta

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

TM for sure plus Raven Abaroa, which is going on currently. Whitney Heichel is another one i will follow very closely. AS...not really interested....may follow some.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member