Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanessa Butler ‏@vanessajbutler 33s
@jlojenn several reporters n courtroom said they were new Judge even said there would b new evidence not all photos wer shown b4

You are kidding? Right? Please tell me she is not going to testify to that TA was an abuser crap during the penalty phase, supposing we get there. My hippocampus can't take ALV again!:banghead::banghead:

I think she will focus on all of these events(family, friends, exes) that caused JA to become Norman Bates. It would not be smart to continue to attack Travis much if at all, since the jury already found she murdered him.

OMG, I saw one of those cockroaches in Florida once and almost had a heart attack!

When my sons were little, the brother of a friend gave them four hissing cockroaches -- 4 inches long. I told my husband if one ever got loose we were moving.

I can understand the mitigation phase, but I'm having trouble understanding why there's an aggravation phase. There must be a story there -- maybe AZLawyer or someone can tell us.

The aggravation phase is to see if the defendant is eligible for the death penalty. Not all first-degree premeditated murders are eligible. The prosecution has to prove at least one out of a list of factors to make the defendant eligible. This question has to go to a jury because of a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision, unless it is something undeniable like "the victim was under the age of 12." In this case, the factor alleged is that the murder was especially cruel, so the jury has to determine that the murder meets the legal definition of "especially cruel" before the rest of the sentencing phase (mitigation and rebuttal to mitigation) can proceed.

I don't see it written anywhere that Alyce is in court today. I just checked the facebook page.

So did I.

I'm OK with the time, they have a huge decision to make. We can post our thoughts and ideas but we are not deciding on whether someone live or dies. I truly feel for the Jury. I am sure however, they will make the right decision. This Jury is on the ball. I think we will soon learn that we will move forward to the mitigation phase. I think I will need 10 mg of valium for that!

Lol who is Hln talking about? A court watcher giving guidance and the newcomers don't want to hear it. Lol who could that possibly be? Donovan?

I know I do some of best "thinking and deciding" having a cigarette! Hopefully these jurors are going to do some best "thinking and deciding" while having a cigarette and getting their Nicotine levels up in their blood LOL

Thank you WS'ers for talking about Seinfeld and inspiring my dinner plans. Tonight I will have a big salad. Carry on.

Mod Warning:

Folks, these threads have been off the rails since the guilty verdict and court went dark for several days. We allowed for a bit of leeway to let folks vent and get it out of their system.

This forum is going to return to some semblance of civility beginning right now. I have already suspended posting privileges for namecalling and wishing violence upon witnesses, attorneys and/or the defendant among other things.

The video taping was denied? If so I'm elated! The family has had to sit and listen to the DT for so long. It's the families turn to give their statements. I'm sure Jodie doesn't want to hear it not out f fear ! But out of rage. That they are telling her what she is evil.

I agree 100%, They had to sit through months of lies, they should get to face FJA and speak their mind in person, tell the Jury all the pain she has caused to everyone that loved Travis. I want Jodi to have to sit there and hear it.

Vanessa Butler ‏@vanessajbutler 33s
@jlojenn several reporters n courtroom said they were new Judge even said there would b new evidence not all photos wer shown b4

Cameraman today doesn't seem to be showing all of the "exhibits" after they are placed on the projector... If there are new items I sure hope he gets with the program... :twocents:

G&A mom
Oh with my luck they would have had babies... 100's of them!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Where's the glass half full person to tell us that the Jeffrey Dahmer jury took 3 days?

Not an accurate statement but you know what I mean... ;)
I'm a Milwaukee girl, ya know. It was only 5 hours and they were only deliberating sanity which would impact sentencing and it didn't have to be (and wasn't) unanimous. ;)

I'm not worried about this jury AT ALL though. They've proven, over and over again, to be taking the serious decisions they're tasked with responsibly. The law, as its written, is very much on the State's side. The jury is death qualified. The defense did very little to persuade anyone the State hadn't met it's burden (like nothing). So that's my half glass full of merlot. I'm willing to share. :biggrin:

Juan Martinez' arguments this morning, especially the 2 minutes of reflecting time reminded me and rivaled the closing in this movie, where at the end Matthew's character ends with "Now imagine she is white" and the ending is just and great.

A Time To Kill
Carl Lee Hailey (Samuel L. Jackson) takes the law into his own hands after the legal system fails to adequately punish the men who brutally raped and beat his daughter, leaving her for dead. Normally, a distraught father could count on some judicial sympathy in those circumstances. Unfortunately, Carl and his daughter are black, and the assailants are white, and all the events take place in the South. Indeed, so inflammatory is the situation, that the local KKK (led by Kiefer Sutherland) becomes popular again. When Hailey chooses novice lawyer Jake Brigance (Carl Lee Hailey (Samuel L. Jackson) takes the law into his own hands after the legal system fails to adequately punish the men who brutally raped and beat his daughter, leaving her for dead. Normally, a distraught father could count on some judicial sympathy in those circumstances. Unfortunately, Carl and his daughter are black, and the assailants are white, and all the events take place in the South. Indeed, so inflammatory is the situation, that the local KKK (led by Kiefer Sutherland) becomes popular again. When Hailey chooses novice lawyer Jake Brigance ( Matthew McConaughey) to handle his defense, ……

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3