aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want true emotions shown by Jodi during the penalty phase, it will have to be about her. That she could have been a great photographer, artist, model, etc., etc. She will cry then for things she will never do..not for the loss of Travis.

:seeya: Hi Everyone!!!! I'm finally back with my furbabies in N.C !!Yay!! (there really is "no place like home")
I missed my WS family :(

I've tried to read this thread, but I'm always 6-8 pages behind :facepalm: Does anyone have a link for the action today? or is it still too early?

Thanks all :blowkiss:

If there's no aggravation there's no need for mitigation because they have to prove the crime was particularly bad in order to qualify for DP ..

Right, but doesn't it seem like the aggravation phase is part of the guilt phase? That's what confuses me. I mean, did we really hear anything new this morning? It seemed like just expansion of what we already knew.

Imo ALV isn't allowed near the courtroom after her JSS smackdown
(nor would I think she would want to be in there...)

They have also reported a lot of movement on the floor they are on; saying family members arriving etc.

the one episode (among many others of course0 that stick with me is when Elaine goes out on a date, and after she goes to Jerry and says "he took it--- out--" and Jerry says something like "it?" and Elaine says " it" pause "out" absolutely hilarious

1m
Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

The jurors that left just came back in. One was captain oneil.

I was rushing from my office to get home to watch the clock. I stepped inside the elevator at work and the door closed. The elevator did NOT move. I hit button after button. Nothing. Stuck. For over a minute I had a mini meltdown because I was stuck with no way out. All I could think of was Travis in those "two minutes" which did seem like an eternity. Add to that the horrific cruelty and constant killing action.....I literally burst out in tears.

Help me out.. finding the cruelty doesn't necessarily mean the death sentence is a foregone conclusion right? Forgive me but I wasn't around during voir dire , do we know the jury's feelings on the DP? Couldn't some members of the jury be opposed to DP even if they agree 100% it was the cruelest death ever? TIA ! :)

I'm a Milwaukee girl, ya know. It was only 5 hours and they were only deliberating sanity which would impact sentencing and it didn't have to be (and wasn't) unanimous. ;)

I'm not worried about this jury AT ALL though. They've proven, over and over again, to be taking the serious decisions they're tasked with responsibly. The law, as its written, is very much on the State's side. The jury is death qualified. The defense did very little to persuade anyone the State hadn't met it's burden (like nothing). So that's my half glass full of merlot. I'm willing to share. :biggrin:

Thanks! Wow, I didnt know that, I will have to read more. I had no interest in his case at the time, and still get uneasy thinking about it.

I do not want her to say anything! Not one word! She has done enough damage to so many.

I honestly feel this FJA will never shut UP. She will continue to hurt TA forever. She is the most vindictive person I have ever seen. I'm including people like Manson and Co. :scared:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 52s

Jurors back. Are we close? #JodiArias #FOX10

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 27m

“@TorontoBlonde: @troyhaydenfox10 Why did you do that interview?” I'm a journalist. Name someone who wouldn't have done it.

From WAT 1 :

2 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

The jurors that left just came back in. One was captain oneil. #JodiArias

The aggravation phase is to see if the defendant is eligible for the death penalty. Not all first-degree premeditated murders are eligible. The prosecution has to prove at least one out of a list of factors to make the defendant eligible. This question has to go to a jury because of a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision, unless it is something undeniable like "the victim was under the age of 12." In this case, the factor alleged is that the murder was especially cruel, so the jury has to determine that the murder meets the legal definition of "especially cruel" before the rest of the sentencing phase (mitigation and rebuttal to mitigation) can proceed.

Thank you for clearing that up, AZlawyer. How soon does the rest of the sentencing phase begin...assuming JA is eligible for the DP?

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 2m
BTW, jurors who are still in room while others take a break cannot continue deliberating while they are gone. #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member