GUILTY AK - Ashley Johnson-Barr, 10, Kotzebue, 6 Sep 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Saw this on the news last night and knew we'd have a thread. Poor Ashley. I hope LE has answers for her family soon. It seems so strange to happen in such a closed community. This guy had to know he'd be caught. Children don't just disappear.

Let's see what else comes out of this awful and senseless crime against a darling child. At this point, I am not ready to accuse or defend anyone- yet......

rest in peace, sweet Ashley. My heart just aches for whatever you went through and I pray that justice will be served. Condolences to her loved ones and friends, this is just so horrific to me. Too many beautiful children dying for various reasons, and unfortunately, not many of them have been accidents, which are tragic and heartbreaking enough!

I found Peter Wilson in Alaska's court system (CourtView). He has a pretty lengthy criminal history. Full name is Peter Vance Wilson. DOB 12/15/1976, meaning he will be 42 in December this year.

Curfew violations in 1992.
Burglary in 1995.
Criminal trespassing in 2004.
DUI in 2009.
Assault in 2010.

Investigation helped lead authorities to body of girl missing after eight days

Johnson-Barr' body was found about a mile outside town, on the tundra, Taylor said.It was about half a mile from Devil's Lake, the city's water source, perhaps some 1,000 yards off Loop Road, Richards said. On Saturday, experts were detailing the scene where Johnson-Barr's body was found, and combed the tundra for clues. Her body will be sent to the state medical examiner's office for review, Taylor said. One question investigators are looking into is how long Johnson-Barr's body was there, he said.... Taylor would not explain what specifically led to the discovery of Johnson-Barr's body. But the evidence tied to the investigation provided a break that helped find her, he said.

I am so worried about this little girl. I do not know much about Alaska other than from what I have seen on Alaska State Troopers reruns but they seem to be pretty close-knit in the smaller communities. Is this one like that?

Oh noooooo, just seeing the dreaded title of “Found Deceased”.
Going back to catch up. :(

Investigation helped lead authorities to body of girl missing after eight days

"Kotzebue residents described Wilson as quiet, from a large, close family. They say he often kept to himself, staying outside most social circles, though he seemed polite.

Walter "Scotty" Barr said by text on Saturday that he did not know a lot about Wilson, a view others expressed as well."

“on the tundra“.
(That’s a new one for me)
—-
I have been to this town several times as my sister taught school in a nearby village. It is small. Very small . Everyone knows each other and many are related. The first time through- we clearly looked like we did not belong. There are local flights in and out daily to the other villages. This time of year there are river barges as well that go up river. If you live in- land and need a new stove - it comes by barge in the summer. The area is surrounded by water and tundra . The children are taught at an early age to stay away from the edges of town unless with an adult . Even to pick berries you go with an adult that has a gun . The wilderness is real and dangerous . The children are also taught to stay out of the water . So where is she?

“Tundra”
:(

Last edited:
No doubt. Classic child abduction and murder by a pedophile, it looks like imo. Which was what I expected. :(
I wondered about that loop road when someone unthread posted the possibility of a car being involved to lure her away. Seems it is extreme wilderness (tundra) there. Tundra is barren and treeless. I remember horseback riding on tundra near Denali on one of my vacations. The vastness alone- it’s a wonder they found her body. Perhaps a tip? The whole thing breaks my heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back