GUILTY AK - Kristy Manzanares, 39, killed aboard Emerald Princess, Juneau, 25 July 2017 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please, do not construe my post as inciting hatred of religions, or someone’s religion especially etc. My purpose is to highlight HUMAN NATURE. If the old quotations above convinced you that even the most morals and most religious of us do kill on purpose, then I convinced you that it is in the human nature also to kill by accident!

A husband killed his wife because "She wouldn't stop laughing at me". I see a tragic tragic accident due to human nature. Nothing else. It is my hope those who love the killed woman will find peace in their heart.

I do not have to hope but I know that as long as this man lives, he will NEVER find peace in his heart after he killed the woman who gave him his three daughters. Never will that man stop wondering “what have I done?” when he lies awake at night missing her.

If you hate that man, as some of the posts suggest, then hate human nature. Hate yourself. This is a tragic accident that could happen at anyone’s household, God forbids, as long as they are humans.

Respectfully snipped by me for space

Has there been evidence that this was an accident? I didn't realize anything had been released stating as such?

If evidence has not been released indicating accident, what evidence led you to that conclusion vs a beating turned murder? Any thoughts on the reports he tried to throw her overboard and how that would fit in with an accident theory?

Despite the facts that human history is replete with cases of killings since the dawn of time, any time a person kills another person, it is a tragedy. The sacred books of the major religions are replete of narration, justification, and condemnation of killings of humans by humans.

E.g., the story of Cain's murder of Abel and its consequences as told in Genesis 4:1-18. This same story is interpreted by Jews and Christians in a very different ways, telling that even amongst humans "this" killing does not mean the same thing!

I am not elaborating too much on this but for those who know what I am alluding to, please, notice your childhood teaching about the Bereshit’s firsts of the 54 Torah portions: (1) Cain said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?” & (2) God said (to Cain), “I shall put a mark on your forehead so any would be killers will know your death will be avenged seven-fold.”

Also, in the Koran you may read on what to do about those who are not Muslim “Koran (9:5) And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush.”

Please, do not construe my post as inciting hatred of religions, or someone’s religion especially etc. My purpose is to highlight HUMAN NATURE. If the old quotations above convinced you that even the most morals and most religious of us do kill on purpose, then I convinced you that it is in the human nature also to kill by accident!

A husband killed his wife because "She wouldn't stop laughing at me". I see a tragic tragic accident due to human nature. Nothing else. It is my hope those who love the killed woman will find peace in their heart.

I do not have to hope but I know that as long as this man lives, he will NEVER find peace in his heart after he killed the woman who gave him his three daughters. Never will that man stop wondering “what have I done?” when he lies awake at night missing her.

If you hate that man, as some of the posts suggest, then hate human nature. Hate yourself. This is a tragic accident that could happen at anyone’s household, God forbids, as long as they are humans.

I haven't seen anything that indicates this was an accident, and his attempt to drag her body onto the balcony and presumably overboard isn't consistent with an accident. And most importantly, "human nature" is neither an excuse nor a defense for murder.

Despite the facts that human history is replete with cases of killings since the dawn of time, any time a person kills another person, it is a tragedy. The sacred books of the major religions are replete of narration, justification, and condemnation of killings of humans by humans.

E.g., the story of Cain's murder of Abel and its consequences as told in Genesis 4:1-18. This same story is interpreted by Jews and Christians in a very different ways, telling that even amongst humans "this" killing does not mean the same thing!

I am not elaborating too much on this but for those who know what I am alluding to, please, notice your childhood teaching about the Bereshit’s firsts of the 54 Torah portions: (1) Cain said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?” & (2) God said (to Cain), “I shall put a mark on your forehead so any would be killers will know your death will be avenged seven-fold.”

Also, in the Koran you may read on what to do about those who are not Muslim “Koran (9:5) And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush.”

What exactly does "accident" mean to you? It appears to mean something different to you than it does to me.

Respectfully snipped by me for space

Has there been evidence that this was an accident? I didn't realize anything had been released stating as such?

If evidence has not been released indicating accident, what evidence led you to that conclusion vs a beating turned murder? Any thoughts on the reports he tried to throw her overboard and how that would fit in with an accident theory?
Well thank you FLOURISH....I can not think of one case in which a man beat a loved one to death, being ruled "an accident." My husband is a real man.... My husband would cut off his own arm before he would lay a hand on me in anger. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about the times I have angered/irritated him and yet he would NEVER touch me....and I have been with him for 2 decades! He says a real man can take all the verbal abuse in the world and still have the balls to simply walk away. Imagine the concept....walking away from a fight...that is what a truly brave & Godly man would do. (I know I'll get snipped...but just gotta say it.)
I'll go to my room now....

If you hate that man, as some of the posts suggest, then hate human nature. Hate yourself. This is a tragic accident that could happen at anyone;s household, God forbids, as long as they are humans.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. This isn't a tragic accident or human nature.
Less than a half of a percent of humans are murderers. Why? Because we each choose where we draw the line. I'm not saying we don't all make mistakes. Certainly we do. But the reason such a
I also don't hate the killer. I certainly hate his actions. And the fact that he didn't stop himself before striking his wife.

I think he could have just gotten right in her face to the point she backed up and tripped... a hard slap or shove could have knocked her right into any of the pieces of fixed furniture.

If that were the case, you would think that he would have called for help for her instead of trying to throw her body in the sea.

I found it interesting it referenced her husband multiple times in the obit. If I was murdered by my husband I wouldn't want his name mentioned at all.

There are a lot of LDS in the region she's from. They believe you're sealed for eternity to your husband, and marital status is super important and key to overall social status to LDS families. So perhaps they feel they have to mention
she was married and not have people think she was a single mom, for example.

Or maybe they feel he could repent and they'd still end up together one day. Or they may think he could've had a mental break.

Either was, as others noted, I see there was only the basics mentioned. They didn't talk about the wedding date, or mention wife when stating: "[FONT=&quot]Kristy Lee Manzanares, our charismatic and loving mother, daughter, granddaughter, sister and friend was unexpectedly taken from us at the age of 39 on Tuesday, July 25, 2017."[/FONT]

I see nothing, no hint to indicate fault on anyone's part but his.

I found this comment in the official family media statement made by Kristy's "life-long friend" interesting. My BFF would certainly know if there was strife in my relationship.

"Barnard said she was unaware of any marital problems between the couple..."

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5566906-155/slain-southern-utah-woman-was-devoted

Believe me - I work DV cases regularly, as well as just straight divorces. All that stuff you seen on FB and Instagram? All those wonderful anecdotes your friends, even relatives tell you about their lives? It's never ever the whole story.

I haven't seen anything that indicates this was an accident, and his attempt to drag her body onto the balcony and presumably overboard isn't consistent with an accident. And most importantly, "human nature" is neither an excuse nor a defense for murder.

For some people, it is human nature to be one step away from "accidentally" beating or stabbing someone to death.

Not to me.

Yeah, we've always had dangerous lunatics or rage-filled bullies in the world. But they are the anomalies. They don;t represent most people, IMO, or anything about human's inherent nature.

(I also think some people just like to excuse wife beaters).

Little more detail on what might have triggered this tragedy. So sad :(

http://people.com/crime/kristy-manzanares-husband-divorce-while-on-cruise/

Wow. Thanks for the link. Ugh. So it seems the murder might have occurred right in front of the kids. Just terrible. And no one knew there were marital problems. I bet drinking was involved and brought out what that bully usually kept behind closed doors.

Wow! This sounds like more than a night of marital tension. Plus alcohol IMO. I wonder who heard Kristy ask for a divorce...the daughters? Tragic.

The killing allegedly culminated a night of marital tension between the couple that began when Kenneth became belligerent at dinner, a family source who was not on the boat tells PEOPLE.
“He had been acting terrible all night,” the source says. The source adds that at some point that evening, Kristy asked for a divorce. At that point, Kenneth allegedly “snapped” and killed her, the source says.

Well thank you FLOURISH....I can not think of one case in which a man beat a loved one to death, being ruled "an accident." My husband is a real man.... My husband would cut off his own arm before he would lay a hand on me in anger. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about the times I have angered/irritated him and yet he would NEVER touch me....and I have been with him for 2 decades! He says a real man can take all the verbal abuse in the world and still have the balls to simply walk away. Imagine the concept....walking away from a fight...that is what a truly brave & Godly man would do. (I know I'll get snipped...but just gotta say it.)
I'll go to my room now....

Agreed with all!

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. This isn't a tragic accident or human nature.
Less than a half of a percent of humans are murderers. Why? Because we each choose where we draw the line. I'm not saying we don't all make mistakes. Certainly we do. But the reason such a
I also don't hate the killer. I certainly hate his actions. And the fact that he didn't stop himself before striking his wife.

Yes. And also, murder is never a mistake.

Wow! This sounds like more than a night of marital tension. I wonder who heard Kristy ask for a divorce...the daughters? Tragic.

The killing allegedly culminated a night of marital tension between the couple that began when Kenneth became belligerent at dinner, a family source who was not on the boat tells PEOPLE.
“He had been acting terrible all night,” the source says. The source adds that at some point that evening, Kristy asked for a divorce. At that point, Kenneth allegedly “snapped” and killed her, the source says.

Yeah, it certainly seems like the culmination of something. Here they were trying to celebrate an anniversary and instead, he begins acting like a jerk in front of friends and family.

Speaking of human nature, I don't think it;s human nature to ask a spouse you've been married to for a decade, for a divorce after only one night of ugly behavior. Most spouses would be shocked in that situation and apologizing for their spouse: 'I'm so sorry. He's never been like this! I don;t know what's wrong."

The fact that she reportedly asked him for a divorce that night, prompting the murder, makes me think this was simmering for a while. Maybe he had a secret drinking problem that caused him to be a bully in private, at home. And finally it came out in front of others. maybe she had had enough.

As we all know, the most dangerous time for a victim of domestic violence is when they try to leave.

Interesting. It makes me wonder how accurate this is though because the family specifically said they weren't celebrating their anniversary. They also started/ended the witness quote in an odd place. Why wouldn't they give the beginning of it when they mentioned the women screaming. Also, I can imagine screams would carry up 2 levels but laughing at someone. Usually not done at the top of your voice. (MOO! Just me picking stuff apart!)

ANGELABECKETT Guess all was not as copacetic as her lifelong friends would have us believe, after all? “He had been acting terrible all night,” the source says. The source adds that at some point that evening, Kristy asked for a divorce. (the family source was not on the cruise....so must have discussed with other family present?)
I get the feeling, there was a lot of tension/anger building directed at Kristy. And, he let into her when they went back to the cabin. Her poor brother had to break down the door and then try to pull her away from her husband who was dragging her body to the balcony....and, I think/surmise the child had access via and adjoining suite.

ANGELABECKETT Guess all was not as copacetic as her lifelong friends would have us believe, after all? “He had been acting terrible all night,” the source says. The source adds that at some point that evening, Kristy asked for a divorce. (the family source was not on the cruise....so must have discussed with other family present?)
I get the feeling, there was a lot of tension/anger building directed at Kristy. And, he let into her when they went back to the cabin. Her poor brother had to break down the door and then try to pull her away from her husband who was dragging her body to the balcony....and, I think/surmise the child had access via and adjoining suite.
Someone else on the cruise said at least one daughter was there when they started arguing and ran out to get help (I'm sure the rest of the family was staying in nearby cabins). That's no doubt why it all happened so quickly. The Dad and brother got in the cabin by 9:05 and the witness said the screaming started right before 9.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, it certainly seems like the culmination of something. Here they were trying to celebrate an anniversary and instead, he begins acting like a jerk in front of friends and family.

Speaking of human nature, I don't think it;s human nature to ask a spouse you've been married to for a decade, for a divorce after only one night of ugly behavior. Most spouses would be shocked in that situation and apologizing for their spouse: 'I'm so sorry. He's never been like this! I don;t know what's wrong."

The fact that she reportedly asked him for a divorce that night, prompting the murder, makes me think this was simmering for a while. Maybe he had a secret drinking problem that caused him to be a bully in private, at home. And finally it came out in front of others. maybe she had had enough.

As we all know, the most dangerous time for a victim of domestic violence is when they try to leave.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn there was a history of abuse, and it seemed to Kristy the ideal time to ask for a divorce since: 1.) There had just been multiple witnesses to his verbal and emotional abuse and 2.) She felt physically and emotionally safe since she was surrounded by people, including extended family.

I wonder if Kenneth meant by "she wouldn't quit laughing at me" that he felt Kristy disrespected him, but he somehow felt justified in claiming she laughed at him. I also wonder who booked the cruise. Maybe a close family member who alone knew of the turbulent relationship or Kristy herself, feeling this was the safest, most public way to ask for a divorce. Just speculation. Sad all around. Condolences to the family, especially those poor children.

Wow! This sounds like more than a night of marital tension. Plus alcohol IMO. I wonder who heard Kristy ask for a divorce...the daughters? Tragic.

Sounds like his behavior that night was the last straw and perhaps her declaring the wish for a divorce was an excited utterance. Could he have had a drinking problem? I don't believe that we have proof that she was previously a DV victim. My husband's brother beat and stabbed his gf when she broke up with him, but up to then he had NEVER EVER laid a hand on her. He had substance issues. Anyway. What a horror. The girls, her family. On a trip if a lifetime. I cannot imagine the issues these poor people are going to be dealing with forever.

I think if this fight had occurred at home, the wife would be missing right now. I don't believe for one minute he planned this, even though it still can be premeditated even if he thought to do it 5 minutes before.

Sorry to babble. This one is bizarre.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I am embarrassed to admit my daughter's boyfriend abused her while they were living under my roof, and I did not realize it because she alibied him. When I found out, I threw him out to live on the streets. Good enough for him.

As an aging southern boy, I still believe as I was raised when it comes to the welfare of women. I was raised to believe that any man who raises a hostile hand to a woman deserves to be horsewhipped at noon in the town square. For educational purposes.

In this case, he may have "only" punched her. A single punch is sufficient to kill; we had just such a case here recently. If she hit her head when she went down, there's your bloody scalp wound. In those tight quarters, it looks like it would be difficult to fall WITHOUT hitting something.

Sounds like his behavior that night was the last straw and perhaps her declaring the wish for a divorce was an excited utterance. Could he have had a drinking problem? I don't believe that we have proof that she was previously a DV victim. My husband's brother beat and stabbed his gf when she broke up with him, but up to then he had NEVER EVER laid a hand on her. He had substance issues. Anyway. What a horror. The girls, her family. On a trip if a lifetime. I cannot imagine the issues these poor people are going to be dealing with forever.

I think if this fight had occurred at home, the wife would be missing right now. I don't believe for one minute he planned this, even though it still can be premeditated even if he thought to do it 5 minutes before.

Sorry to babble. This one is bizarre.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I am not sure how accurate this People article is. As someone else mentioned, family members specifically stated that it was NOT an anniversary cruise. I also will point out that, as the unnamed source was not on the cruise, all of the information he/she gave to the magazine was second hand. May still be accurate, but certainly has a slant to it. Why did the husband become belligerent at dinner? Was it the carryover of an argument that began earlier? Had either of them perhaps been thought to be flirting with someone else on the cruise maybe? Just speculating. I cannot believe that Kristy embarked on the cruise with the intent of asking for a divorce while at sea, even if she knew she was going to ask for one at some point in the near future. I also don't believe the hubby embarked on the cruise with the intent of killing his wife while at sea. Lots of people are speculating that there was alcohol involved, and I concur. I do believe that there were probably two people under the influence, and I believe that both were probably being vocally abusive, and the argument just continued to escalate until the husband completely lost it and killed her in a rage. I will not argue that it wasn't premeditated in the legal sense of the word, but I honestly see a much more likely conviction if the charge is 2nd degree murder rather than 1st. Just a sad, sad situation, and God bless those poor daughters. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy
Back