GUILTY AK - Kristy Manzanares, 39, killed aboard Emerald Princess, Juneau, 25 July 2017 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
from https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...-kristy-manzanares-was-murdered/#.WX9OXumQyM9

bbm

I have seen the ages of the daughters referred to in this way in a couple of articles, but seeing the picture of Mom and the girls made me wonder about their ages -- none of the girls looks 22, but who knows when the pic was taken. No biggie, but just wondering. The couple was described as both being 39 y/o -- I have to doubt that their eldest child is 22 y/o.... That puts mom & dad at 17 when she was born, i.e., young, young parents. That possibly could add to the stress of marriage, but is that age range correct? Does anyone know?

The picture you are referring to is from November 2015 (Thanksgiving). And yes, the ages are correct. The girl closest to Kristy in the picture is younger, but you can tell the two girls on the right are older teens.

Lamps on Princess ships are permanently attached to night tables.

As others have mentioned, irons are not permitted in passenger staterooms (fire hazard). Irons and ironing boards are available in laundry facilities on all passenger decks.

Fire extinguisher in the room?

I don't recall. Everything in a cruise cabin is nailed down, except things like sheets, towels, hangers, the phone, a berth ladder (if it has 3 or 4 berths), and that's pretty much it.

I believe the TV is screwed to the shelf, lamps are attached to the walls,

That's why I said tiny room - that's like 14x20 and includes the bathroom, a queen bed, sofa, plus a little bar, tv areas, etc. Very cramped.
I've only been on 2 cruises but I remember not wanting to spend any amount of time in the room. If you were claustrophobic I don't think you could do it!

Here is a video of the inside of an MD catagory Stateroom.

Because it's a mini suite, the lamps are on desks instead of mounted to the wall?

[video=youtube;LoT_4e3qSRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoT_4e3qSRE[/video]

462 sq feet
This is from the cruise line itself:

Cabin # D726
Category MD
Mini Suite with Balcony
323 sq ft
*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather is an average in this category type.

However, if you go on this site:
https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/d...erald-Princess

And click on that specific cabin, it states that the cabin is 277 sq ft and the balcony is 46 sq ft

I don't recall. Everything in a cruise cabin is nailed down, except things like sheets, towels, hangers, the phone, a berth ladder (if it has 3 or 4 berths), and that's pretty much it.

I believe the TV is screwed to the shelf, lamps are attached to the walls,

I would think because of rough seas everything is secured.

This is from the cruise line itself:

Cabin # D726
Category MD
Mini Suite with Balcony
323 sq ft
*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather is an average in this category type.

However, if you go on this site:
https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/d...erald-Princess

And click on that specific cabin, it states that the cabin is 277 sq ft and the balcony is 46 sq ft

From the article you posted about what the neighbor said, the cabin was listed as 462. Strange discrepancy.

This is the quote------

he couple was booked into two adjoining cabins D726 and D728, a 462-square-foot mini-suite with a seating area and balcony located on Dolphin Deck. The ship was carrying 3,400 passengers and 1,100 crew members.

From the article you posted about what the neighbor said, the cabin was listed as 462. Strange discrepancy.

This is the quote------

he couple was booked into two adjoining cabins D726 and D728, a 462-square-foot mini-suite with a seating area and balcony located on Dolphin Deck. The ship was carrying 3,400 passengers and 1,100 crew members.

Manzanares-D726.jpg

http://www.cedarcityutah.com/news/a...-kristy-manzanares-was-murdered/#.WX9pxxXyvAU

Not really that strange. If you notice most "journalists" do far less research than the average websleuther. I've seen many discrepancies in the news articles I've read. (Not just in this case but in others.) In this case for instance, there's a picture (from high school) the victim had of her and her cousin that passed away, on Facebook. I've seen that pic in numbers places saying it's her husband.

Not in staterooms. Candles, coffeemakers, incense burners, etc. are forbidden in passenger staterooms. Smoking is not permitted in staterooms or on balconies, only in designated areas of ship. Very specific safety announcements made during mandatory muster drill prior to sailing.

Curling iron? hair dryer? ice bucket? laptop? Any of those would have made a hard weapon.

Maybe he threw her against the wall or the dresser -- there had to have been a fairly hard object to give her a bad head wound for it to be fatal. And yes, head wounds do bleed a lot. Cause of death could be exsanguination or brain injury, seems to me. I hope we will find out...

I just keep thinking about those girls... as are we all, I'm sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling
Back