GUILTY AK - Kristy Manzanares, 39, killed aboard Emerald Princess, Juneau, 25 July 2017 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do they allow bottles of booze in the rooms? If so, maybe he hit her with a bottle of wine.

Do they allow bottles of booze in the rooms? If so, maybe he hit her with a bottle of wine.

Only if you buy them on board the ship. Some cruises allow you to buy bottles on board but other only allow you to buy mixed drinks at their bars.

This is how interpret it too. IMO we're going to learn about an outwardly easygoing man with perhaps hints at aggressive behavior, but inside his home where HE felt safe to let go of that control he would and so THEY felt unsafe probably with a fear that one day it'd be worse or even more uncontrolled. Maybe his rage was physical before or maybe it wasn't, maybe it was toward inanimate objects or pets, or even just verbal, but irregardless I think anyone of normal temperament no matter the age recognizes that lack of control in someone and the gut instinct is to fear it.

I completely agree.
People would be shocked at the things that happened in my FIL's home growing up.
However he has zero criminal history... has never hit anyone outside his home.
It's simmering there. Beneath the surface though. One of these days.... he will blow. :twocents:

Only if you buy them on board the ship. Some cruises allow you to buy bottles on board but other only allow you to buy mixed drinks at their bars.

I can't tell you how many people literally bring their own alcohol on cruise ships. There are literally youtube videos on how to do it. A lot of people actually get their bottles from the Ports and bring them on. Customs really doesn't search anything... I've always claimed my stuff but they never actually asked. Heck... the day we left Jamaica... the only thing you could smell on your balconies were people smoking marijuana.

I love cruising and have never had any issues at all so it does shock me to hear about these cases. I did run into a really nasty drunk woman once and it took everything for me not to knock her out (my niece was getting married that day on the ship)... but other than that, I already have my countdown for the next.

*raises hand*

I've use RumRunners on cruises (ziplock-type bag). We've also had bottles of wine and/or liquor delivered to our cabin. You can order bottles from the ship to your stateroom prior to your cruise.

I love cruising, only because our family has various wants/needs on vacation (my husband likes to nosh all day in the buffet, the kids like to eat and run, I like to sit down at a table with linens). That's what is so great (to me) about cruising. If we were in a hotel room or condo, they'd be asking what's to eat, can I make them this, can we go out and eat that. NOT relaxing to me.

I was able to take my disabled dad on a few cruises, traveling with a wheelchair on a cruise is wonderful.

Someone earlier mentioned perhaps he hit her with the ladder for the upper berths, otherwise, there is a possibility that a bottle could have been in the room.

Simply one of the saddest things ever. Those poor kids. A moment of anger and a life is GONE.

I read a quote somewhere that said "Men are afraid women will laugh at them, women are afraid men will kill them."

RIP Kristy.

Most cruise linee allow you to take one bottle of wine per adult passenger on board at embarkation. AND you can order bottles of wine and spirits to be delivered to your cabin, but they come at quite a price markup. My experience (23 cruises) has been that the past several years security has gotten very tight and all carry-on luggage is screened as is most of the checked luggage. One of the things they are specifically looking for is alcohol, which they will confiscate if found. When mr.chanel and I started cruising 15 years ago it was much more lax regarding alcohol, but terrible incidents such as this one has changed that across the industry. Long story short, it COULD have been a bottle used as a weapon, or even the furniture in the cabin. Typically there is a chair at the vanity and a small coffee table, in addition to a metal trash can. Any of those could do much damage. I am so sad this happened.

Wait a minute, someone can't iron their own clothing? Even hotels offer that. Hard for me to believe. If true, one more reason not to go on a cruise... who wants to be a prisoner in a Compound.
On Princess irons and ironing boards are set up in the laundry room on each deck.

This case is very interesting.

On Princess irons and ironing boards are set up in the laundry room on each deck.

This case is very interesting.

Yes, I haven't cruised Princess but Norwegian and Carnival also have irons and ironing boards in each laundry room.

Wait a minute, someone can't iron their own clothing? Even hotels offer that. Hard for me to believe. If true, one more reason not to go on a cruise... who wants to be a prisoner in a Compound.

In case this wasn't answered, irons are in the laundry room for use by cruisers.

For some reason, I still think it was him hitting her head against some sharp edge/corner, not picking up something and hitting her with it.

from https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...-kristy-manzanares-was-murdered/#.WX9OXumQyM9

Kenneth Ray and Kristy Lee Manzanares, both 39 of Santa Clara, were on the cruise with their three daughters, ranging in age from 13 to 22 years old, along with several extended family members.

bbm

I have seen the ages of the daughters referred to in this way in a couple of articles, but seeing the picture of Mom and the girls made me wonder about their ages -- none of the girls looks 22, but who knows when the pic was taken. No biggie, but just wondering. The couple was described as both being 39 y/o -- I have to doubt that their eldest child is 22 y/o.... That puts mom & dad at 17 when she was born, i.e., young, young parents. That possibly could add to the stress of marriage, but is that age range correct? Does anyone know?

So much blood all over the room?

Well, the kids said they were fighting, the witness on the balcony said the killer was cut and bloody.
A fight isn't usually stationary and we don't know who was bleeding and how much. We do know the victim had a severe head wound but that may not have been the only place that there was bleeding. (Also, we know he moved the victim at least once, trying to get her to the balcony and the brother moved her back in the room.)

No matter how the fatal injury was delivered blood would have been all over that tiny room. (Remember the entire room, including bathroom, is only about 250sq ft.)

Well, the kids said they were fighting, the witness on the balcony said the killer was cut and bloody.
A fight isn't usually stationary and we don't know who was bleeding and how much. We do know the victim had a severe head wound but that may not have been the only place that there was bleeding. (Also, we know he moved the victim at least once, trying to get her to the balcony and the brother moved her back in the room.)

No matter how the fatal injury was delivered blood would have been all over that tiny room. (Remember the entire room, including bathroom, is only about 250sq ft.)

Another good point.....we will find out.....just have to wait.

from https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...-kristy-manzanares-was-murdered/#.WX9OXumQyM9

bbm

I have seen the ages of the daughters referred to in this way in a couple of articles, but seeing the picture of Mom and the girls made me wonder about their ages -- none of the girls looks 22, but who knows when the pic was taken. No biggie, but just wondering. The couple was described as both being 39 y/o -- I have to doubt that their eldest child is 22 y/o.... That puts mom & dad at 17 when she was born, i.e., young, young parents. That possibly could add to the stress of marriage, but is that age range correct? Does anyone know?

The age of the oldest is correct, I saw a post about her birthday, it was in the beginning of July. That made me wonder if she was a step daughter because they've only been married 17 years (would have been 18 next month). But then on her Facebook someone mentioned that they were a couple long before their wedding.

Looks like a lamp could have been used or are they bolted in place?

Lamps on Princess ships are permanently attached to night tables.

As others have mentioned, irons are not permitted in passenger staterooms (fire hazard). Irons and ironing boards are available in laundry facilities on all passenger decks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back