AK AK - Mary Dawn Wilson, 69 - 2-YO Grandchild Found Locked in Abandoned Car, Healy, 12 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What on earth could cause a grandma to leave behind a two year old grandchild in her locked car while leaving herself after the car got stuck?
Perhaps it's just as well she did, as at least the child was found alive in the car.
If the child had been taken with her, the child would probably also be missing too.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's just as well she did, as at least the child was found alive in the car.
If the child had been taken with her, the child would probably also be missing too.
Yeah but you’d only do that if you believe being taken with you is a worse outcome than potentially being starved to death

Yeah but you’d only do that if you believe being taken with you is a worse outcome than potentially being starved to death
Unless the GM was having some sort of medical episode and was really confused...
I understand annpats to be saying 'after the fact it turned out good that the child was left in the car'. Though only annpats can say if that's really what she meant.

Well, she obviously didn't plan on leaving the child so long he starved to death. That wasn't in her thoughts.

Wherever she was walking to, the child wasn't capable of it, so she left him there for a short while and planned to return.

Unless the GM was having some sort of medical episode and was really confused...
I understand annpats to be saying 'after the fact it turned out good that the child was left in the car'. Though only annpats can say if that's really what she meant.
Yes, correct, I was.
In wilderness situations, you're always taught to stay with the car.
Not only is it shelter, but a search team are more likely to find a car, and certainly see a car much more easily from a helicopter than individuals on the ground.
She did the right thing leaving the child and I'm sure it was only intended to be for a short while while she went for help.
The child wouldn't have been able to walk easily in that terrain and would have slowed her down.
At least there is only 1 missing person and not 2.

"According to AST, items they believe to be Wilson’s was located along the trail at mile 7.8, approximately one mile from he vehicle was found. Evidence at the scene leads investigators to believe that after getting her vehicle stuck along the trail, she set out along the trail, but left in the opposite direction than the one that would have led her to the Parks Highway."

Interesting that she went in the opposite direction from the highway where she could expect help. Could she see something that made her think help was closer?

"According to AST, items they believe to be Wilson’s was located along the trail at mile 7.8, approximately one mile from he vehicle was found. Evidence at the scene leads investigators to believe that after getting her vehicle stuck along the trail, she set out along the trail, but left in the opposite direction than the one that would have led her to the Parks Highway."

Interesting that she went in the opposite direction from the highway where she could expect help. Could she see something that made her think help was closer?
I was thinking of Mary the other day. I can’t find the child’s mothers FB anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29
Back