AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in the timeline that the FB group has put together, should check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Have...erial-Killer/399521663428225?sk=photos_stream

They're doing a great job. The list of possible victims is endless. He may have started his murdering spree as a teen and yes, I believe his victims may have been children at the time.

Overwhelming :( Where does one even begin? The FBI obviously has a lot more information they're not releasing. Wish they would share some of it with us so we can rule out some of the missing.

For instance, they ruled out Brianna Maitland because of his financial records.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/fbi-israel-keyes-not-linked-to-missing-vt-teen-121912,0,3470127.story

Samantha was supposed to be a couples kill but her boyfriend was late and IK didn't feel like waiting anymore.

I didn't know that either until I read this. It appears he stalked his victims enough to know their schedules. He knew Samantha got rides home after her shift.

A DARK NIGHT IN ALASKA

On the evening of Feb. 1, 2012, a 34-year-old construction worker named Israel Keyes waited outside the Common Grounds Espresso Stand on East Tudor Road in Anchorage — a tiny shack of a store, with teal-blue siding, that sat in the parking lot of a local gym. It was already very dark — the sun had set at 5:06 p.m. — and snowing heavily. Keyes was waiting for the shop to close at 8 p.m., for the truck he knew was on its way.

Then he changed his mind.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...r_the_perfect_serial_fJ8I4JjuutY7mWAIRchgEL/0

His daughter was born in 2002. The same year his father died. Does anyone know where the admin of the fb page is getting the photos? There is one on this page, for example, where he posted he was helping his sister build a cabin in Houton, Maine.

What other photos are out there with his writings/postings? TIA

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Have...3428225.-2207520000.1357126166&type=3&theater

I believe the admin is Samantha's father. It has been reported in several articles I read and posted here.

I believe the admin is Samantha's father. It has been reported in several articles I read and posted here.

Yes, I just read in the NY Post that Samantha's father started the page. Thanks! Are you as overwhelmed as I am? Everytime I think I know a little more about this monster, it takes me a few steps back. For instance, in the NY Post article it says he got bored with lone victims and started murdering couples. I wonder how much of that is true and if so, when did he start? Were his first "couple" victims the Curriers? Or were there others before them?

Yes, I just read in the NY Post that Samantha's father started the page. Thanks! Are you as overwhelmed as I am? Everytime I think I know a little more about this monster, it takes me a few steps back. For instance, in the NY Post article it says he got bored with lone victims and started murdering couples. I wonder how much of that is true and if so, when did he start? Were his first "couple" victims the Curriers? Or were there others before them?

Yes, completely overwhelmed, and compelled to make lists and charts. There are several cases brought to light that seem to be good possibilities, like the 12 year old with the prosthetic legs, the mother/daughter hikers and Celina Cass. Of interest to me is the fact that he chose to live on the Canadian border in several places, and I feel sure he used that to his advantage. His focus on natives is also of interest to me, along with the white supremacy garbage, where do you even start with that? Those brothers he hung out with that are murderers, had ties to Timothy McVeigh. They committed many robberies also. Wow. Those pictures of him standing proudly in front of his construction projects reminds me of Russell Williams. What is the back story on the pictures, kwim? The guy was beyond evil. One can't look at his life through regular lenses.

Based on the FBI timeline released I think the following cases should be checked for connections to Israel Keyes.

Christine Lindsey Walters, age 23, missing from Arcata, CA, 11/14/2008

Brittanee Drexel, age 17, missing from Myrtle Beach, SC, 4/25/2009

Lindsey Baum, 10, missing from Mccleary, wa, 6/26/2009

The Jamison family, missing from Red Oak, OK, 10/17/2009

Holly Bobo, missing from Darden, TN, 4/13/2011

MOO

This is just my opinion based on what we know about IK.

I would rule out Brittanee. He apparently targeted victims in remote areas. Myrtle Beach is a tourist spot.

I would rule out Lindsey because she is a child. Yes he could have lied about not targeting children but I think after he had his daughter (2002), children were not on his list.

Holly Bobo. A good possibility but I haven't seen any photos of him in hunting gear. Also, Holly had 2 dogs. Her car was in the car port. If we believe what he says about targeting victims without children, pets or a car then I would rule out Holly.

I don't know much about the other 3 cases to form an opinion. Again, these are just my thoughts based on what we know but like the FBI said, who knows how many victims he had. We may never know. :(

Yes, completely overwhelmed, and compelled to make lists and charts. There are several cases brought to light that seem to be good possibilities, like the 12 year old with the prosthetic legs, the mother/daughter hikers and Celina Cass. Of interest to me is the fact that he chose to live on the Canadian border in several places, and I feel sure he used that to his advantage. His focus on natives is also of interest to me, along with the white supremacy garbage, where do you even start with that? Those brothers he hung out with that are murderers, had ties to Timothy McVeigh. They committed many robberies also. Wow. Those pictures of him standing proudly in front of his construction projects reminds me of Russell Williams. What is the back story on the pictures, kwim? The guy was beyond evil. One can't look at his life through regular lenses.

Why do you think Canadian borders were to his advantage? As an escape route in case the FBI was after him?

Not sure about Celina. Possible. She was a child but very tall for her age and he may have thought she was older.

Yes very frightening to read his back story and those 2 he hung out with. Wonder if he started with them and then went solo? Insane.

This says:

"No link seen with serial killer, Celina Cass"

A federal prosecutor in Alaska told the New Hampshire Union Leader that Keyes, 34, was not believed to be in New Hampshire during Cass' late July 2011 disappearance. Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Feldis said investigators tracked Keyes' travel through credit cards, plane tickets and rental cars.

Records show he was in Alaska when Cass disappeared in late July.

"Our investigation indicates he was not in New Hampshire at that period of time," Feldis said

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20121204/NEWS03/121209728

Why do you think Canadian borders were to his advantage? As an escape route in case the FBI was after him?

Not sure about Celina. Possible. She was a child but very tall for her age and he may have thought she was older.

Yes very frightening to read his back story and those 2 he hung out with. Wonder if he started with them and then went solo? Insane.

BBM: I just think he may have crossed the border to kill and back again, without going through customs, thereby eliminating himself as a suspect by sheer "impossibility" since there was no record of him crossing the border.

I don't believe in coincidences. Him choosing to live very close to the Canadian border on opposite ends of the country. Can you name anyone that would do so or has done so, kwim?

It's actually really easy to cross into Canada if you're in a remote area, it's not like Mexico. I've done it myself in Minnesota, specifically the Boundary Waters area. There weren't any markings or anything, just my map.

This is just my opinion based on what we know about IK.

I would rule out Brittanee. He apparently targeted victims in remote areas. Myrtle Beach is a tourist spot.

I would rule out Lindsey because she is a child. Yes he could have lied about not targeting children but I think after he had his daughter (2002), children were not on his list.

Holly Bobo. A good possibility but I haven't seen any photos of him in hunting gear. Also, Holly had 2 dogs. Her car was in the car port. If we believe what he says about targeting victims without children, pets or a car then I would rule out Holly.

I don't know much about the other 3 cases to form an opinion. Again, these are just my thoughts based on what we know but like the FBI said, who knows how many victims he had. We may never know. :(

I do think he escalated from younger single females to couples. I also wonder if families became a target at some point. I was thinking about a family with young kids who disappeared in California and supposedly went to Mexico. Anyone know that case?

There are many border crossings in the NW. Idaho is one of them. There are also many crossings that are ATV/Hiking only.

It's actually really easy to cross into Canada if you're in a remote area, it's not like Mexico. I've done it myself in Minnesota, specifically the Boundary Waters area. There weren't any markings or anything, just my map.

LOL. I think I posted right after you. :)

I posted this long, long ago when IK was first arrested. Any chance he used his brief running career to stalk people. If so, is there any possibility he is linked to the running shoes/feet that washed up in BC? Remote/Cross country trail running, etc... I am sure his methods of hiding bodies evolved as well as his targets over time.

I do think he escalated from younger single females to couples. I also wonder if families became a target at some point. I was thinking about a family with young kids who disappeared in California and supposedly went to Mexico. Anyone know that case?

The McStays. They disappeared February 2010. I'm not up to speed on that case but there is a video of a family resembling them crossing the border into Mexico. I don't think he was involved in the McStays disappearance, imo.

BBM: I just think he may have crossed the border to kill and back again, without going through customs, thereby eliminating himself as a suspect by sheer "impossibility" since there was no record of him crossing the border.

I don't believe in coincidences. Him choosing to live very close to the Canadian border on opposite ends of the country. Can you name anyone that would do so or has done so, kwim?

The only one I can think of is Fowler who as we know is connected to some of the Highway of Tears victims. I don't think he lived close to the border but he did cross over numerous times.

As for Keyes, it appears the Canadian authorities are not involved in investigating him. I wonder why? Is it because the FBI is? Are they doing cross border investigations? :waitasec:

The only one I can think of is Fowler who as we know is connected to some of the Highway of Tears victims. I don't think he lived close to the border but he did cross over numerous times.

As for Keyes, it appears the Canadian authorities are not involved in investigating him. I wonder why? Is it because the FBI is? Are they doing cross border investigations? :waitasec:

The border issue is intriguing. Going way w-a-a-y back in history, border areas, even state borders, were a hotbed of illegal activity. I'm thinking this was due to jurisdictional issues, in enforcement, investigation, and in prosecution. Whatever the reason, criminals have always taken advantage of it.

We once lived in a historical-register house that had been a girls boarding school during a time when anything from Oklahoma and beyond was considered the "wild west". People moving westward would stop at this last piece of "civilization" and leave their daughters at the school, planning to send for them once they knew it would be "safe".

I would bet international borders are an even better dodge than state borders. All in all, though, I think IK (I refuse to type his name) used many state boundaries VERY successfully.

The border issue is intriguing. Going way w-a-a-y back in history, border areas, even state borders, were a hotbed of illegal activity. I'm thinking this was due to jurisdictional issues, in enforcement, investigation, and in prosecution. Whatever the reason, criminals have always taken advantage of it.

We once lived in a historical-register house that had been a girls boarding school during a time when anything from Oklahoma and beyond was considered the "wild west". People moving westward would stop at this last piece of "civilization" and leave their daughters at the school, planning to send for them once they knew it would be "safe".

I would bet international borders are an even better dodge than state borders. All in all, though, I think IK (I refuse to type his name) used many state boundaries VERY successfully.

Interesting point about the state borders as well. IK mentioned dumping somebody in New York who had been killed elsewhere. It would let him take advantage of jurisdictional issues to keep LE from connecting the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle