AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think authorities should look to see if Keyes checked any luggage on that flight and if the checked baggage is scanned by X-ray for weapons.

It would be just about impossible to carry a gun onto a commercial flight and unless Keyes was able to stow the gun in his luggage how did he bring the gun with him on the flight?

JMO

I'm going to guess that he didn't bring it with him on the flight. I believe I read somewhere that he had 'stashes' across the country, and no doubt kept some weapons in the vicinity of his NY property.

I found it interesting that Keyes lived in several remote places VERY close to the Canadian border, and are in, near or associated with native reserves or tribes.

The town were Keyes grew up, Colville WA, is only 30 miles from the Canadian border. The Colville tribe was originally from around the Colville area, however the reserve lands are further west. The Inchelium district of the reserve is quite close to Colville.

The Colville tribe is associated with the Canadian tribes in the southern Okanagan.

In 1997 Keyes bought the property in Constable NY. This is only about 2 miles from the Canadian border and very close to the St. Regis Mohawk reservation (Akwesasne).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Regis_Mohawk_Reservation

St. Regis Mohawk Reservation is a Mohawk Indian reservation in Franklin County, New York, United States. It is also known by its Mohawk name, Akwesasne. The population was 3,288 at the 2010 census. The reservation is adjacent to the Akwesasne reserve in Ontario and Quebec. The Mohawk consider the entire community to be one unit. The reservation contains the villages of Hogansburg and St. Regis.

Under the terms of the Jay Treaty (1794), the Mohawk people may pass freely across the Canada–United States border. The two parts of the reservation are separated by the St. Lawrence River and the 45th parallel.

Although not directly named, the reservation is the setting for the 2008 movie Frozen River. It depicts smuggling of illegal immigrants by Mohawk and associated Americans across the international border between Canada and the U.S.

And, of course, Keyes was employed from 2001 to 2007 by the Makah Tribal Council in Neah Bay WA, which is directly across the Strait of Juan de Fuca from Vancouver Island in BC.

While it wouldn't have been that easy to sneak across the border from Neah Bay, it certainly would be from the other two locations. Perhaps his choice of property in NY state was partly influenced by the ease to flee over the border if LE was on his trail, or to mask his travels.

And, speaking of being easy to slip across the border from NY....

Two other cases have baffled investigators in the North Country over the years,

Maura Murray was a 21-year-old University of Massachusetts nursing student when she disappeared on Route 112 in Haverhill after a minor car crash on Feb. 9, 2004. According to the New Hampshire State Police website, her disappearance is being treated as suspicious.

Louise Chaput, 52, a social worker from Sherbrooke, southern Quebec, Canada, was last seen on Nov. 15, 2001. She was reported missing when she failed to return from a scheduled hiking trip in Pinkham Notch. Her body was found a week later near the Glen Ellis Falls parking lot at Pinkham Notch. Authorities said she died from multiple stab wounds.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120729/NEWS03/707299981

This is from the same article from July that discusses Celina Cass as a possible victim.

(Sherbrooke is only 150 miles away from Constable NY. Haverville MA is 300 miles away. Essex VT is 100 miles.)

Keyes admitted to murdering four people in Washington; he killed two people (independent of each other) sometime during 2005 and 2006, and murdered a couple in Washington between 2001 and 2005. It is unknown if these victims were residents of Washington or if they were vacationing in Washington but resided in another state. It is also possible Keyes abducted them from a nearby state and transported them to Washington.
http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-x...Timeline-Asks-for-Publics-Help-181933141.html

That narrows it down. Good.
So, for Washington, we need to focus on missing persons 2005-2006. And a couple in 2001-2005.

The only missing couples in Washington I could find were from the 80s...
There *is* a couple that disappeared from Oregon in 2001 though. Kami Vollendroff and her boyfriend Eugene Hyatt. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vollendroff_kami.html

Wasn't there a couple from British Columbia or Alberta missing two or three years ago with their camper?

I think authorities should look to see if Keyes checked any luggage on that flight and if the checked baggage is scanned by X-ray for weapons.

It would be just about impossible to carry a gun onto a commercial flight and unless Keyes was able to stow the gun in his luggage how did he bring the gun with him on the flight?

JMO

As long as it was unloaded and in locked checked baggage in a separate area from the ammunition, there would have been no issue with traveling with a legal firearm. It would have been scanned but it wouldn't attract much attention other than that. Lots of people travel with personal or hunting weapons.

http://www.adn.com/2012/12/03/2712275/suspected-serial-killer-israel.html

I won't even snip part of this article. It so bizarre you have to read it in entirety.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...wo-different-people-Keyes-tells-investigators
Raw video:

"There is no one who knows me or who has ever known me who knows anything about me, really," Keyes said on the recording. "They are going to tell you something that does not line up with anything I tell you because I'm two different people, basically. And the only person who knows about what I'm telling you, the kind of things I'm telling you, is me."

How long had he been two people? an investigator asked.

Keyes laughed. "Long time. 14 years."

http://www.adn.com/2012/12/03/2712275/suspected-serial-killer-israel.html

I won't even snip part of this article. It so bizarre you have to read it in entirety.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...wo-different-people-Keyes-tells-investigators
Raw video:

"There is no one who knows me or who has ever known me who knows anything about me, really," Keyes said on the recording. "They are going to tell you something that does not line up with anything I tell you because I'm two different people, basically. And the only person who knows about what I'm telling you, the kind of things I'm telling you, is me."

Keyes laughed. "Long time. 14 years."

A. What happened 14 years ago? That's not a rounded up number. It is very specific. ETA: 1998 would have been 14 years ago. When did he enlist?

B. I personally believe his women targets were for sexual assault specifically.

C. I also personally believe that his male targets were for financial gain. If he were a part of a couple, it was because he was a witness, not a true intended victim, so to speak.

D. I personally believe that any couples he targeted were of pure opportunity (as he mentioned about the layout of the Currier's home, etc.).

E. The one victim he referenced as being classified wrong by the police is a male; otherwise, there would be evidence of a sexual assault. This person was a 'soft kill' and probably put in water to make it look like a drowning.

F. People are creatures of habit. He had a routine, a way he did things. He himself talked about the specific places he would stalk. It's obvious he felt comfortable in rural areas and surroundings. He had mad opportunity to stalk working as a contractor and yet, he didn't involve that persona in his crimes. From what we learned about the geographic profiling, it would be interesting to know where his caches were found. He felt the most 'safe' there, IMO.

As long as it was unloaded and in locked checked baggage in a separate area from the ammunition, there would have been no issue with traveling with a legal firearm. It would have been scanned but it wouldn't attract much attention other than that. Lots of people travel with personal or hunting weapons.

Well then is there a record of him declaring the firearm in his luggage.

Snipped from the TSA site:

Travelers must declare all firearms to the airline during the ticket counter check-in process.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/firearms-and-ammunition

I'm just saying if he didn't is he lying about taking the gun with him from Alaska when he flew to Chicago or did he get away with having the gun concealed in his luggage or on his person.

JMO

Yes, but if we're thinking of the same couple, they were found.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132140

I think you are referring to Al & Rita Chretien, who were driving in their van in the Oregon/Idaho area. Rita was found alive. They recently found Al's body.

I believe that carbuff is referring to Lyle & Marie McCann, who were traveling in their RV west of Edmonton. The RV was found burned, but they have never found the McCanns. Someone has been charged with their murder and is awaiting trial. That doesn't prove him guilty, but this seems to be pretty far off track for Keyes.

Possible connection between Keyes and the Kehoe brothers.

SPLC’s HateWatch blog says Keyes was a childhood friend of the Kehoes. The two families lived less than a mile apart and considered each other friends, a Stevens Co. source tells the site.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Serial-killer-reportedly-connected-to-white-supr-182058761.html

Take this with a grain of salt, since the source is this blog:

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2012/12/04/hatewatch-exclusive-alaska-serial-killer-exposed-to-christian-identity/

The blog has a lot of interesting info in it, however it is just a blog.

A few things I question.

Are LE confident in their timeline or is it still fluid?

Keyes states 2 different people for 14 years. Is that when he defined himself as 2 different people and the killings started, or was he actually killing previous to this.

ETA I question the timeline provided, as there seems to be a few areas where there are months he did not travel according to the timeline released.

JMO

In interviews with investigators, Keyes detailed extensive planning, including burying caches of weapons at various points across the United States. The FBI says it recovered weapons and items used to dispose of bodies from hiding places just north of Anchorage and Blakes Falls Reservoir in New York.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-weapons-caches-across-u.s-investigators-say/

Keyes buried murder kits in strategic locations JF.

IIRC, when he murdered the Currier's, he flew into Chicago, rented and car and drove to Vermont.

I must say, I never imagined he was this diabolical. IMO, this was never about money. He killed because he enjoyed it.

I think you are referring to Al & Rita Chretien, who were driving in their van in the Oregon/Idaho area. Rita was found alive. They recently found Al's body.

I believe that carbuff is referring to Lyle & Marie McCann, who were traveling in their RV west of Edmonton. The RV was found burned, but they have never found the McCanns. Someone has been charged with their murder and is awaiting trial. That doesn't prove him guilty, but this seems to be pretty far off track for Keyes.

The other case was

Yes, I was thinking of the the McCanns. I didn't know somebody had been charged. No, it doesn't sound like Keyes.

A few questions I have. Was it ever released whether Samantha was sexually assaulted? Secondly, was it ever released if items or money were stolen from the Currier's home?

LE is not releasing that detail about Sam's murder, out of respect for her family.

Keyes found the couple in bed and tied them up with zip ties. He took Lorraine Currier's purse and wallet as well as Bill Currier's gun. He left the man's wallet.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/alaska-barista-murder-suspect-traveled-kill/story?id=17865114#.UL5fxe-gyO4
http://abcnews.go.com/US/alaska-barista-murder-suspect-traveled-kill/story?id=17865114#.UL5fxe-gyO4

I found it interesting that Keyes lived in several remote places VERY close to the Canadian border, and are in, near or associated with native reserves or tribes.

The town were Keyes grew up, Colville WA, is only 30 miles from the Canadian border. The Colville tribe was originally from around the Colville area, however the reserve lands are further west. The Inchelium district of the reserve is quite close to Colville.

The Colville tribe is associated with the Canadian tribes in the southern Okanagan.

In 1997 Keyes bought the property in Constable NY. This is only about 2 miles from the Canadian border and very close to the St. Regis Mohawk reservation (Akwesasne).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Regis_Mohawk_Reservation

And, of course, Keyes was employed from 2001 to 2007 by the Makah Tribal Council in Neah Bay WA, which is directly across the Strait of Juan de Fuca from Vancouver Island in BC.

While it wouldn't have been that easy to sneak across the border from Neah Bay, it certainly would be from the other two locations. Perhaps his choice of property in NY state was partly influenced by the ease to flee over the border if LE was on his trail, or to mask his travels.

Even more interesting. I found a US Citizenship document on WA Digital Archives, which I believe is Keye's Grandfather, who was from Canada. He may have been familiar because of his family's roots there.

A few things I question.

Are LE confident in their timeline or is it still fluid?

Keyes states 2 different people for 14 years. Is that when he defined himself as 2 different people and the killings started, or was he actually killing previous to this.

ETA I question the timeline provided, as there seems to be a few areas where there are months he did not travel according to the timeline released.

I noticed that too. My first thought was the summer months would be times he would be busy in his construction business. Also, maybe he had his daughter during the summer months, or if he had custody, she would be out of school.

Speaking of his daughter ... do we know where her Mother is? Is she living? :what:

A. What happened 14 years ago? That's not a rounded up number. It is very specific. ETA: 1998 would have been 14 years ago. When did he enlist?

B. I personally believe his women targets were for sexual assault specifically.

C. I also personally believe that his male targets were for financial gain. If he were a part of a couple, it was because he was a witness, not a true intended victim, so to speak.

D. I personally believe that any couples he targeted were of pure opportunity (as he mentioned about the layout of the Currier's home, etc.).

E. The one victim he referenced as being classified wrong by the police is a male; otherwise, there would be evidence of a sexual assault. This person was a 'soft kill' and probably put in water to make it look like a drowning.

F. People are creatures of habit. He had a routine, a way he did things. He himself talked about the specific places he would stalk. It's obvious he felt comfortable in rural areas and surroundings. He had mad opportunity to stalk working as a contractor and yet, he didn't involve that persona in his crimes. From what we learned about the geographic profiling, it would be interesting to know where his caches were found. He felt the most 'safe' there, IMO.

Agreed, SurfieTX, Israel Keys was an experienced/escalated sexual predator; no stranger to the game...

* Keyes said he served in the Army from 1998 to 2000

This is very important, imo..

RE: The FBI also released a 30-second audio recording from one of the interviews with Keyes.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/12/03/2712275/suspected-serial-killer-israel.html#storylink=cpy

Deja vu? The Israel Keyes interview is analogous to Richard Ramirez; night stalker interviews, and many other serial killers prior. Seems, they all have another self..Chameleons...
Ramirez said to the jurors after handing down the death sentence, "I don't expect you to understand me, I am beyond good & evil, lucifer dwells within us all, Lucifer will avenge me"..then laughs..

Serial killers seem to talk in riddles/taunts.
Imo, Keyes should have been on suicide watch. His suicide is devastating to the investigation of his many unknown victims. When Alaska authorities were questioned as to how this could have happened, their response was the usual, 'I am sorry, we can't release that info due to the integrity of the investigation'...pathetic, imo...

Ironically Israel Keyes, was caught, as was Ted Bundy, due to an observant TX cop on a routine traffic stop...

I am concerned about the text to Samantha Koenig's father three weeks after her abduction/murder demanding the ransom, which was paid from reward money collected in her case. If I remember correctly, there were rumors that Holly Bobo's mom received a communication a few weeks after her abduction that also gave them hope...

Normally, when remains are dumped in water, it is for forensics and other purposes. In many serial killer investigations, CODIS is very significant in identifying unknown victims. Due to his organized pattern, Keyes' victims may be difficult to narrow down due to the body disposal tools/caches & methods of disposal.. Hopefully, his MO, signature, travel pattern, etc., will be obvious to FBI VICAP investigators.

Another observation is that Keyes monitored MS Media attention of his evil deeds..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974