AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he did commit the bank robbery in Azle, TX!

According to a story from the Azle News, the robber allegedly ordered tellers to give him money, and left after receiving an unspecified amount of cash. Nobody was injured in the robbery, which took less than two minutes. The branch was closed the next day as stunned employees recovered from the heist.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5006228...-vt-killings-texas-bank-robbery/#.UL8vFIbNkYI

GutFeeling! found an article about the Azle bank robbery back in March, and we speculated that it could be Keyes. The resemblance was very close.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7718317&postcount=112"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6[/ame]

http://www.ktuu.com/photo-gallery-i...y-in-february-20121203,0,5847115.photogallery

The bank robbery was February 16. That would have been the day before he returned to Anchorage, according to the new report. We also speculated that he boarded cruise in New Orleans. It's nice to have these things confirmed, but poor Samantha. :(

Not sure if this was posted yet...

Investigators: Keyes said he let his first victim go

Back in the 1990s when he was a teenager, Israel Keyes picked his first victim, a teenage girl in Oregon, he later told investigators.It was summer, sometime between 1996 and 1998, FBI special agent Jolene Goeden said in an interview Tuesday.He admitted to "very violently sexually assaulting a young girl there," Goeden said. He thought she was 14 to 16 years old.Investigators have not been able to find a report of that rape. They believe authorities were not alerted at the time."He had the intention, he said, of killing her but did not. And he did let her go," Goeden said.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/12/04/27133...s-said-he-let.html#wgt=rcntnews#storylink=cpy

It's shocking how brazen this guy was. I can't believe how close SK's bf was to him not once but 2 times. Then to go on that cruise come back and do what he did with her body.

I can't imagine what Keyes gf must think in retrospect. Hind sight in this case is definitely 20/20.

That article was just crazy and answered so many questions we all had.

http://www.adn.com/2012/12/04/2713105/fbi-describes-abduction-slaying.html#storylink=cpy

(From a previous post)

A. What happened 14 years ago? That's not a rounded up number. It is very specific. ETA: 1998 would have been 14 years ago.

Investigators: Keyes said he let his first victim go

Back in the 1990s when he was a teenager, Israel Keyes picked his first victim, a teenage girl in Oregon, he later told investigators.It was summer, sometime between 1996 and 1998, FBI special agent Jolene Goeden said in an interview Tuesday.He admitted to "very violently sexually assaulting a young girl there," Goeden said. He thought she was 14 to 16 years old.Investigators have not been able to find a report of that rape. They believe authorities were not alerted at the time."He had the intention, he said, of killing her but did not. And he did let her go," Goeden said.

Trying to answer my own question. Is that what he is referring to (in the above quote) or did something else happen?

(From a previous post)

A. What happened 14 years ago? That's not a rounded up number. It is very specific. ETA: 1998 would have been 14 years ago.

Trying to answer my own question. Is that what he is referring to (in the above quote) or did something else happen?

That's also when he went into the military. I wonder if he thought that would help him deal with his urges, or give him better skills, or what?

If the girl he let go could be as early as 1996, I wonder if that means his first kill was in 1998.

Has anyone looked through the UID forum to see if there are any females who were violently sexually assaulted that possibly match up to the dates/locations?

:pullhair:
Has anyone looked through the UID forum to see if there are any females who were violently sexually assaulted that possibly match up to the dates/locations?

I started, but that covers sooooo many potential victims that it makes me :cry::pullhair:

How many murderous creeps are out there????

There was an unsolved murder of a 12 year old boy in Potsdam, NY. Garrett Phillips in Oct 2011. Potsdam is near Parishville and Tupperlake.

There were also a couple bank robberies in the area. All well within close driving distance of his NY property, the Currier murders, the area where murder weapons and his cache were located, and the tupperlake bank he robbed.

I am sure he didn't kill Garrett. It is pretty well known around here who the murderer is. Only rumors at this point. There is a thread here for Garrett.

Full Interview With U.S. Attorney's Office Regarding Israel Keyes

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-x...torneys-Regarding-Israel-Keyes-182079101.html

Thanx for sharing, ConnectedSuitor. Very eyeopening...

Israel Keyes, even after death will be investigated, backtracked, and studied for many years to come. Investigators said that when Keyes was asked why, he said, "the question wasn't why, but why not"..
Israel Keyes, was obviously very intellegent, calculating, creative, meticulous, deflective, manipulative, and sadistic. He had a proclivity of enjoying to see things suffer since early childhood. Keyes was an opportunist evil force that acted at random..

Keyes said that his only regret was that he didn't kill more people before getting caught..
Keyes is suspected of having at least 8 victims that he owned up too, but admitted that there were more. My question would be; how many more and who are they..
Seems to me that each time his cell phone & credit card activity went dark in the last decade and a half. He would have ether been robbing banks or taking innocent victim's lives..
Ransom demands are seldom made in abductions/kidnappings today. Particularly as technology has improved: This business model simply doesn't work any more. Since this is a rare mo, other missing/murdered cases with this commonality should be scrutinized, imo.

I am sure he didn't kill Garrett. It is pretty well known around here who the murderer is. Only rumors at this point. There is a thread here for Garrett.

gogrannypop, at this juncture, I'm not sure who across the US has fallen prey to Keyes. The problem with stranger on stranger random abductions/murders is that everyone is a poi or suspect. Now that he has been arrested/identified, maybe, just maybe there will be closure in a lot of missing/murdered cases..

Prolific serial killers such as Israel Keyes hone their skills for years or decades and become experts at preventing detection while deflecting guilt on others. Israel Keyes was a stealth predator hiding behind his mask of sanity. Once his many victims are identified. There will be many people that were originally suspected of his evil deeds.. Some may have been arrested, indicted prosecuted, convicted, and sentenced..

Below is only one example of many where an innocent person's life was ruined
due to circumstantial evidence, rumors, and perceived hypothesis by investigators: (Nashville, TN - 1979)

Marcia Trimble disappeared after going out to deliver Girl Scout cookies in her neighborhood. When her body was discovered on Easter Sunday more than a month later, it was found she had been sexually assaulted before death. Investigators scoured her neighborhood, believing it likely she had been attacked by someone local. The case was investigated by local and state police. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) was also called in because of the possibility of kidnapping.

In the summer of 1979, police arrested neighborhood young man Jeffrey Womack, aged 15 at the time of Trimble's murder, for his suspected involvement with the case.
'Fast forward 3 decades: On June 6, 2008, a Davidson County Grand Jury indicted 60-year-old Jerome Sydney Barrett, charging him with first-degree murder and felony in the case of Marcia Trimble

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Marcia_Trimble"]Murder of Marcia Trimble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Garrett was murdered inside his apartment in the middle of the day in downtown Potsdam. It was a local who killed him. JMO

I'm new and I'm not quite sure where to post this. It's from Twitter. If this is the wrong thread for it, I apologize.

Jack Thurston ‏@JackNECN
Alaska police: Israel Keyes, confessed killer of Bill/Lorraine Currier of #VT slashed wrist w shaving razor & strangled self w bedding

WPTZ ‏@WPTZ
JUST IN: Officials on serial killer Israel Keyes suicide: slit wrist and hung self with bedding. Left behind blood-soaked notes #VT #BTV

I'm wondering about Molly Bish: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Molly_Bish"]Death of Molly Bish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3