Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's bad enough shes being abused, and then shes the one that has to leave. Never have I seen a shelter for "abusers".

Would not a shelter for abusers be called "Jail"? :)

Although I think I do understand your point about the victims being at a disadvantage when it comes to living arrangements, jobs, and childcare. IMO we must improve our services for our victims.

Anyone had any luck looking up criminal records for Christopher Wayne Madison?
I looked late yesterday and this morning on the DeKalb County site and did not see anything. I’m not very familiar with court dockets, case schedules, etc. It is possible I’m not recognizing info or I’m looking in the wrong place.
Today’s Docket

I looked late yesterday and this morning on the DeKalb County site and did not see anything. I’m not very familiar with court dockets, case schedules, etc. It is possible I’m not recognizing info or I’m looking in the wrong place.
Today’s Docket
The link is to Dekalb county in Georgia so you are for sure looking in the wrong place.

The link is to Dekalb county in Georgia so you are for sure looking in the wrong place.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I literally laughed out loud when I read your response because I started out in college in law and finished in accounting. Probably a good thing huh? LOL!! I’ll go work on my taxes now......

There are many previous meth arrests "surrounding" this case in various counties and in more than one state....MOO

Lets just say its apparently a big problem in this area, and probably in more general terms the whole country for that matter.

It's one of those drugs that destroys families and countless individuals and effects all walks of life.

Last edited:
Not the most victim friendly statement I’ve ever heard. I hear you, but I’ve been convinced to drop charges before. And I certainly don’t “blame myself” for the abuse.

—-

ETA:

I really do understand what you mean though.

I was a no show myself in court after a really violent attack. But! My ex had out smarted me by getting my mail. I never knew I had a court date. So maybe she didn't know either.

I think it is called jail, if you can get them there and then keep them there.

People are completely missing my point. I used to work in a shelter. Women and children would basically show up with the clothes on their backs. Guess where their clothes, food, toothbrushes, toys were? In the house they had to flee to get away from the abuser. They did nothing wrong, but the abuser was enjoying all the comforts of home. The reality? This is reality.

Would not a shelter for abusers be called "Jail"? :)

Although I think I do understand your point about the victims being at a disadvantage when it comes to living arrangements, jobs, and childcare. IMO we must improve our services for our victims.

There is also the issue that many victims of DV have grown up in a violent home and this is what they have seen all of their life and it is "normal" to them. There are also some victims that end up with several relationships with abusers and it becomes normal to them. Then you have many that have issues that make them feel like they deserve or are causing the DV while they are in the situation and that makes some women gravitate to abusers and many times it starts as emotional and verbal abuse that they don't recognize.

That is why I said earlier it is more complicated than a woman pressing charges and just leaving. I think that everyone knows or should the most dangerous time for a woman in an abusive situation is if the abuser knows she is about to leave. I had a friend killed by her husband 24 hours before she was leaving. This woman was a very educated medical professional no one would ever guess she was physically abused and the physical abuse wasn't often, she hid it from everyone until 48 hours before she was leaving, we just knew about the emotional abuse. DV and reporting/leaving is a very complicated situation and many times the woman needs therapy to help her understand this isn't ok and she can report and leave.

There is another case on here where a woman reported a guy, left him, got a temp protection order, was denied an extension of that order. He had broken into her house and the judge just seemed to ignore that. He lived across the country and came across the country and got her and a friend of hers and kidnapped them and killed them both. She left and he came across the country and killed her and her best friend. I really believe the problem boils down to the system isn't doing enough. Men killing women that reject them is a problem in this country and the majority of states are not doing close to enough to protect women and help them leave.

Last edited:
There us also the issue that many victims of DV have grown up in a violent home and this is what they have seen all of their life and it is "normal" to them. There are also some victims that end up with several relationships with abusers and it becomes normal to them. Then you have many that have issues that make them feel like they deserve or are causing the DV while they are in the situation and that makes some women gravitate to abusers and many times it starts as emotional and verbal abuse that they don't recognize.

That is why I said earlier it is more complicated than a woman pressing charges and just leaving. I think that everyone knows or should the most dangerous time for a woman in an abusive situation is if the abuser knows she is about to leave. I had a friend killed by her husband 24 hours before she was leaving. This woman was a very educated medical professional no one would ever guess she was physically abused and the physical abuse wasn't often, she hid it from everyone until 48 hours before she was leaving, we just knew about the emotional abuse. DV and reporting/leaving is a very complicated situation and many times the woman needs therapy to help her understand this isn't ok and she can report and leave.

There is another case on here where a woman reported a guy, left him, got a temp protection order, was denied an extension of that order. He had broken into her house and the judge just seemed to ignore that. He lived across the country and came across the country and got her and a friend of hers and kidnapped them and killed them both. She left and he came across the country and killed her and her best friend. I really believe the problem boils down to the system isn't doing enough. Men killing women that reject them is a problem in this country and the majority of states are not doing close to enough to protect women and help them leave.

Absolutely & totally agree with everything you stated. And IMO this is why we have little AB gone from this life. The system failed everyone in this case. This monster took advantage of the holes, and ended up focusing his rage on a helpless little girl. Who only wanted to enjoy her Chinese take-out food.

Absolutely & totally agree with everything you stated. And IMO this is why we have little AB gone from this life. The system failed everyone in this case. This monster took advantage of the holes, and ended up focusing his rage on a helpless little girl. Who only wanted to enjoy her Chinese take-out food.

And I doubt anyone in her family really understood the dangerous situation she was in. With almost every situation it can be hard to see clearly when it is you and your family. Also with substance abuse you tend to see more physical abuse. There is really no telling what the family dynamics or dysfunction there has been in all the families involved. A very dangerous combination.

A matter we might not hear about, that may or may not come out, concerns involvement of DHR. We have some really good case workers and we have some very bad ones. We have had children in this state die due to bad case workers even though DHR was involved. We have also had issues of mandatory reporters not reporting. I hope all of this was looked into and if there are problems on that end that weren't dealt with, those people are held accountable.

It is hard for me to believe that DHR had no case or knowledge of this family. If they didn't then it's hard for me to understand that some mandatory reporter didn't see issues that needed addressing even if it wasn't violence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back