Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im wondering if there was signs of blood on the floor near the passenger side door, Its strange how the police showed a full on complete side shot of the drivers side of her vehicle but only a small portion of the passenger side front fender when its clear there is more damage running further back along that side.

It also looks like the drivers seat is reclined quite far back, is that the head rest visible in the rear window? doesn't like the the seating position for a 125lb 5ft6 girl, possibly a much larger individual adjusted that seat.

AAJrImM.img

5dba126f0bb3e.image.jpg

You’re right. The seat is reclined back far suggesting a much taller person.

Im wondering if there was signs of blood on the floor near the passenger side door, Its strange how the police showed a full on complete side shot of the drivers side of her vehicle but only a small portion of the passenger side front fender when its clear there is more damage running further back along that side.

It also looks like the drivers seat is reclined quite far back, is that the head rest visible in the rear window? doesn't like the the seating position for a 125lb 5ft6 girl, possibly a much larger individual adjusted that seat.

The window is cropped out of the damage pic of the side of the car, why? The window may have been broken from the impact of crash, maybe aided by a passenger hitting it with their head. Alternatively, someone in the passenger seat could have been pushed against the window forcefully.
Either way, that person may have left blood in the car. Who was driving?

If the window was broken from an inside impact, there will presumably be broken glass on the ground somewhere, along with scrapes on a wall/object; which could help identify where the car may have been that night.

The fact that her car was found in my hometown makes me terrified. My husband works about a mile from the apartments. It haunts me to know I’ve driven on Atlanta Hwy more times than I can count and so did that evil, wicked, person/persons. I will go batsh*t crazy if the perp is someone I know.
What kind of apartments are they? The reason l ask, we have friends that live in upscale apartments, they have ring cameras. We have an Arlo system. I hope LE as asked about cameras at apartments

Any chance the blood in the car (assuming that’s what it is) could be from the accident that caused the damage? Maybe just wishful thinking. The carjacking theory seems to fit, but I don’t totally understand the strategy behind jumping out of the backseat and scaring someone who’s flying down I-85. Seems like a good way to get in a nasty accident that leaves everyone injured and the (unrestrained) perpetrator too injured to leave the scene and then caught.

Also, two things about the Snapchat messages seem weird to me. First, if you just met someone, you don’t answer “where are you” by saying “with ____.” Think about your friend, spouse, parent asking “where are you” and you know they don’t know this person. It makes no sense to answer “with Eric.” Giving a location or saying “with this guy Eric I just met” or something is much more natural.

Two, if it’s not her sending the messages, why say she’s almost home? If whoever has her is sending these (or making her send them), this drastically reduces the amount of time before it’s suspicious that she’s not home. From past cases where someone has sent messages from a victim’s phone, I would expect something more like “I’m with this guy I just met, we’re going to hang out for a while, maybe go to another bar and be out pretty late..”

So many strange things with this one.

The window is cropped out of the damage pic of the side of the car, why? The window may have been broken from the impact of crash, maybe aided by a passenger hitting it with their head. Alternatively, someone in the passenger seat could have been pushed against the window forcefully.
Either way, that person may have left blood in the car. Who was driving?

If the window was broken from an inside impact, there will presumably be broken glass on the ground somewhere, along with scrapes on a wall/object; which could help identify where the car may have been that night.

It is also possible the perp shot her in the car (ugh! I hate even thinking that), breaking the window. Although it is hard to envision the motive for that unless it was a carjacking/robbery rather than a sexual assault.

It is also possible the perp shot her in the car (ugh! I hate even thinking that), breaking the window. Although it is hard to envision the motive for that unless it was a carjacking/robbery rather than a sexual assault.
You typed what I was thinking. I was confused by the pictures of the damaged side of the car. Now we suspect why the full view was not given.

Last edited:
I saw what looks like a single key in her right hand. My car keys are on ring with about 15 other keys. Do most people keep there car key separate from other keys?
I don’t generally carry any keys. My Honda Pilot has a fob, no key. And I have an attached garage, so just keep door from garage to house unlocked. On the rare occasion that I need a house key, I attach it to my car fob. Can’t imagine 15 keys, wow.

As for Aniah, as others have pointed out, the Honda CR-V likely had a fob, but she probably had a key to her house or apartment.

I graduated from Auburn in 2004 and these things DON’T HAPPEN in Auburn. One of the safest places in America. I’ll be in Auburn Saturday for the football game. Sad that this happened.

I graduated from Auburn in 2004 and these things DON’T HAPPEN in Auburn. One of the safest places in America. I’ll be in Auburn Saturday for the football game. Sad that this happened.

Were you not aware of Lauren Burk being murdered in 2008? She was taken from Auburn campus parking lot. Google it.

I’m a lifelong resident of Auburn and while it is far safer than many places we are certainly not exempt from our share of tragedy. Every year or every other year we get some notoriety for someone disappearing, murder, etc. They don’t always make the major news or show up on websleuths but it happens. I’ve got close friends in LE and they’ll tell you don’t let your guard down. Auburn attracts a cross-section of the worlds culture and with it comes its fair share of bad elements as well.

I hate saying it but I think the perp killed her and them moved her into their vehicle.
I’m thinking she is somewhere between Auburn and Montgomery. Wouldn’t be hard, in the middle of the night, to pull off the highway somewhere, drive into a secluded area, and remove the body from the car. I think people here have said it’s a very wooded area between Auburn and Montgomery. Lots of places to hide a body. Sadly.

IMO, the evidence of foul play found in the car, suggests Aniah put up one hell of a fight.

Sadly I don't think she's being held anywhere. They are making it blatantly clear that she was harmed and foul play is suspected. What is throwing me off is the fact that it seems she was harmed right inside her vehicle. Usually in most cases when the girl met up with someone and is raped and murdered it's done outside the vehicle but in Aniah's case there is damage to the vehicle and evidence in side of that the she was harmed and there was foul play. I hate to be blunt but it seems LE already thinks she is dead they must have a sufficient amount of evidence in that car. Now for me it's trying to piece it all together.
That’s why I said hope. Of course it’s not gonna end well. When you’ve sleuthed enough of these you have to remind yourself of hope. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep