Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the damage on the car was intentional. Maybe she was being followed and she knew it, tried to get away, so someone hit her and ran her off the road. This isnt looking good. IMO, its foul play and more than 1 person is involved. At least 1 person to grab her once the ran her off the road, and another to drive and randomly park her vehicle. This is all JMO.

Auburn police investigating foul play among other possibilities in case of missing teen
Snipped

By Katie Kamin | October 29, 2019 at 9:15 PM EDT - Updated October 29 at 11:01 PM
AUBURN, Ala. (WTVM) - Auburn police said they’re investigating all possibilities in the case of missing 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, including foul play.

According to officials, they’re very concerned, especially because it’s so out of character for her to not regularly talk with friends and family.

Many in the East Alabama community are shaken up after Blanchard’s disappearance. She was last seen at a convenience store on South College Street late Wednesday night.

“I think a lot of people our age feel like our safety bubble has been popped a little bit,” one student said.

Is it odd we haven’t heard more about the vehicle? I think it would go one of two extremes-either clear evidence of a major crime, or nothing of note at all. Fingerprints, blood, her purse/phone, clothing from her trip to the funeral, etc? It’s got to be mostly processed by now.

Exa
Idk where this originated from but I’ve seen in multiple places people saying that the cameras in sky bar were reviewed & she wasn’t there. Don’t know how much truth there is in that. But I’ve seen it said in multiple places. I went to school at Auburn & am extremely familiar with the area. The main thing that makes me kinda agree with maybe she didn’t go is what she was wearing in the gas station footage (not that there’s anything wrong with it). It’s that if she wore it earlier to a funeral, I couldn’t imagine her not changing before she went to the bar. Just based on what we (everyone I knew in college) would have done.
Exactly what I was thinking.Also u would be excited about meeting a dude & describe him better. Other than just”white”. Maybe she just told Summer that to shake her off for the evening. It’s a reach I know.

Exa

Exactly what I was thinking.Also u would be excited about meeting a dude & describe him better. Other than just”white”. Maybe she just told Summer that to shake her off for the evening. It’s a reach I know.

Something definitely seems strange imo, meeting a guy that late at night on a weekday when you have work in the morning is very strange especially if its supposed to be a first date. It would be interesting to see what her internet search history was like up to this point.

In my opinion I think the most likely scenario is that she went out that night and met someone to hang out with. More than likely he came into town with a group of friends from Montgomery all riding in one car. He got in the car with her as the passenger. They stopped at the store to buy snacks gas alcohol or smokes and she went in and paid. She may have agreed to take him back to Montgomery where he probably lived since he was separated from his friends. Somewhere on the way or before they left Auburn there was an altercation. It’s possible this altercation led to erratic driving and led to the damage to the car. Obviously there was no other car involved in the damage since no one else has come forward that we are aware of. I believe it hit a concrete barrier on the way to Montgomery. She would have gotten onto the interstate at the S. College St. exit. I traveled this route this morning. There is visible damage to guard rails at mile marker 48 before the rest stop, mile marker 45 before the rest stop, right before exit 42 Wire Road, before exit 38 Tuskegee, and immediately following the Shorter exit 22. In each of these cases the guard rail and concrete barriers come all the way to the edge of the outside lane. Along this route they are several places that would present opportunities to dispose of a body or evidence. The wire Road and Tuskegee exits are relatively remote and provide easy access on and off the interstate. I do not think someone would wait until they got to Montgomery to dispose of a body as it becomes much more populated at exit 15 Pike Rd and the traffic picks up considerably regardless of what time of day you are traveling. After disposing of the body he dumped the car not far from where he lives and walked home or called a friend for a ride. With as much video as we have in Auburn they may very well have a description or even the identity of the suspect but not enough evidence at this point to arrest or detain.

We have had several reports of young females being followed recently in our small town area. In both cases they were teenagers leaving a job at night in town heading out on two different highways that lead to the more rural areas outside of town. The man followed them a considerable ways. One was able to make a quick turn and turned off her lights and lost him, the other called a friend who live along her route, pulled in their drive. The man pulled in after her, I assume thinking she was at her home. The friend's brother came outside with his gun drawn. The guy quickly reversed and fled.

I can't help but think of Aniah when I read these reports and wonder if someone was following her and waited for her to make that stop at the gas station, or elsewhere then grabbed her.

The girls had an advantage if you think about it. They were on a fairly rural highway at a late hour with little to no other traffic and the vehicle following stood out. In a busier area with more traffic, you might not be aware at all that you were being followed.

Last edited:
In my opinion I think the most likely scenario is that she went out that night and met someone to hang out with. More than likely he came into town with a group of friends from Montgomery all riding in one car. He got in the car with her as the passenger. They stopped at the store to buy snacks gas alcohol or smokes and she went in and paid. She may have agreed to take him back to Montgomery where he probably lived since he was separated from his friends. Somewhere on the way or before they left Auburn there was an altercation. It’s possible this altercation led to erratic driving and led to the damage to the car. Obviously there was no other car involved in the damage since no one else has come forward that we are aware of. I believe it hit a concrete barrier on the way to Montgomery. She would have gotten onto the interstate at the S. College St. exit. I traveled this route this morning. There is visible damage to guard rails at mile marker 48 before the rest stop, mile marker 45 before the rest stop, right before exit 42 Wire Road, before exit 38 Tuskegee, and immediately following the Shorter exit 22. In each of these cases the guard rail and concrete barriers come all the way to the edge of the outside lane. Along this route they are several places that would present opportunities to dispose of a body or evidence. The wire Road and Tuskegee exits are relatively remote and provide easy access on and off the interstate. I do not think someone would wait until they got to Montgomery to dispose of a body as it becomes much more populated at exit 15 Pike Rd and the traffic picks up considerably regardless of what time of day you are traveling. After disposing of the body he dumped the car not far from where he lives and walked home or called a friend for a ride. With as much video as we have in Auburn they may very well have a description or even the identity of the suspect but not enough evidence at this point to arrest or detain.
That's a lot of speculative detail from the little information that's out there, as much as I hate to say it though, it could be the case. Walt Harris is a good friend of mine, and I hate that his family has to endure this type of heartache. I've read through this whole thread just looking for a shred of something. Keep praying ya'll.

Something definitely seems strange imo, meeting a guy that late at night on a weekday when you have work in the morning is very strange especially if its supposed to be a first date. It would be interesting to see what her internet search history was like up to this point.
Wednesday and Thursday are big party night at most colleges. Not odd at all, actually.

That's a lot of speculative detail from the little information that's out there, as much as I hate to say it though, it could be the case. Walt Harris is a good friend of mine, and I hate that his family has to endure this type of heartache. I've read through this whole thread just looking for a shred of something. Keep praying ya'll.
definitely speculative and I should’ve added I hope I am wrong but I know the area intimately both Auburn and Montgomery and I’m aware of how things operate with people coming into town from Montgomery to attend parties, etc. again I sincerely hope they find her alive and well but that is not my expectation.

Yes, that has been the main speculation from the beginning. I think that there are a few things that don't line up and it makes sense to think out of the box a bit. It is possible that she didn't go through with the meet up, the plans fell through on the other end or that she was making an excuse to her friend.

The interesting thing about a possible meet-up is that you would think that would be planned at busy location such as a bar. So far, the general public has not been made aware that she appears on any security footage from any local bar. The only footage we have of her she appears to be alone.

In case it is not been previously mentioned the Chevron station she was videoed in is at the corner of South College and East University/shug Jordan. It is not the Chevron further south known as store 17. I stopped in both stores this morning and the video clip is of her going in the direction of the beer coolers. I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned whether she was a drinker but The coolers are in that direction. This Chevron is far busier and more visible than store 17 Chevron and at that major intersection I would expect there to be a lot of cameras. If she was buying gas to drive to Montgomery there would be at least two more opportunities before she hit the interstate at Walmart and at store 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay