AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reedus,
Thank you so much for listing all the charges for the perps and the possble prison sentences pertaining to each crime. It made the reality of this nightmare sink in even deeper.

I appreciate the time you took to post that!:tyou:

Derek has not come through with what I expected when I first heard he and Brittney were so tight and had all the same friends, and how he was so protective of Brittney. That was Chessie's description anyways.

Yet, Derek has appeared almost too down-trodden to step forward for his sister. It's just been a mess for him, hasn't it? I forget, but wasn't he in jail when Britt when missing? I also forget the details of his capture breaking his probation when he was off wearing an ankle bracelet. I just remember it didn't sound like he was looking for Brittney.

The ones that are still in jail would likely want to talk easier?

Maybe he doesn't know anything.
Maybe he's seems quiet in the news, but is talking.

Oh, maybe he knows Brittney's not dead,
and is going along with the family because somebody killed Donnie - and I mean it could be any one of them and somehow keeping quiet protects them all in some twisted way I can't imagine.

More perps has my head spinning.

Derek Wood
2nd Degree Rape - Class B Felony - 2 to 20 years
2nd Degree Sodomy - Class B Felony - 2 to 20 years
Probation Revocation - n/a

My recollection can be wrong at times, but I'm pretty sure that yes, he was in jail when Brittney went missing.

Reedus,
Thank you so much for listing all the charges for the perps and the possble prison sentences pertaining to each crime. It made the reality of this nightmare sink in even deeper.

I appreciate the time you took to post that!:tyou:

Wish I didn't have to do it. It makes me sick to my stomach to look at. But thanks and you're welcome. I've been posting it all along just updating it with each new charge so I didn't do it all at this one time so it wasn't so time consuming.

Here's the part that makes me sad right now. I have always thought that facing some serious time, life for most, one of them would crack as trials get closer, and probably not until while at trial. The sad part is I don't know if I'd want to make a deal with any of these people at this point. I certainly wouldn't want to put any one of them on the streets or around kids again. I don't think Brittney would want them on the streets again from what I've read about her. But I also understand, we want to bring Brittney home one way or another. One of them will crack some day and I don't envy those who ultimately have to make the decision on what kind of deal is acceptable and what is not.

Randall Scott Wood
2nd Degree Sexual Abuse - Class A Misdemeanor - Not more than 1 year
Incest - Class C Felony - 1 to 10 years
New Charges
Enticement - Class C Felony - 1 to 10 years

Donnie Holland Jr.

Dustin Kent

Incident 1
1st Degree Sodomy - Class A Felony - 10 to life
Incident 2
Incident 3
1st Degree Rape (Mobile County) - Class A Felony - 10 to life
1st Degree Sodomy (Mobile County) - Class A Felony - 10 to life
New Charges
First Degree Rape - Class A Felony - 10 to life
First Degree Sodomy - Class A Felony - 10 to life
Production Obscene Matter - Class A Felony - 10 to life
Sexual Abuse of Child < 12 yrs old - Class B Felony - 2 to 20 years

Derek Wood
Probation Revocation - n/a

William Brownlee
Failure to Appear - Traffic - n/a
New Charges
Unrelated Charges
Burglary - Unknown what degree
Criminal Mischief - Unknown what degree

Wendy Wood Holland
Endangering Welfare of a Child - Class A Misdemeanor - Not more than 1 year
Sexual Torture - Class A Felony - 10 to life
New Charges

Chessie Wood
Failure to Appear - Traffic matter - unrelated

Mendy Kent

Nelson "Butch" Morgan
1st Degree Rape - Class A Felony - 10 to life

James Cumbaa
1st Degree Rape - Class A Felony - 10 to life

UNRELATED BUT CONNECTED

Homer Brownlee

Thanks for making life easier for us. Looking at this list and trying to figure out how many actual years people will be in prison. Does Alabama tend to go easy in actual sentencing? I have no idea what to expect.

Say, for instance, Dustin Kent - how many years do you think he will actually spend in prison?
15 years? 25 years? 40 years?

Wendy it seems should end up with 15-25 yrs.

Will Alabama come down hard on these people?

Thanks for making life easier for us. Looking at this list and trying to figure out how many actual years people will be in prison. Does Alabama tend to go easy in actual sentencing? I have no idea what to expect.

Say, for instance, Dustin Kent - how many years do you think he will actually spend in prison?
15 years? 25 years? 40 years?

Wendy it seems should end up with 15-25 yrs.

Will Alabama come down hard on these people?

I'm not familiar with Alabama so I can't really answer it. I'm not even certain in Alabama if the jury hands down the sentence or if the Judge does. I can try to find that much out. Either way, it will ultimately depend on the individual jurors that end up on a jury or to the individual Judge. One can look at a Judge's track record when dealing with past sentences. If dealing with a jury, looking at sentences handed down in Mobile or Baldwin County in the past may give some indication.

It probably also depends on how the cases are tried. Assuming they are convicted, my gut tells me Dustin will never see the light of day as a free man again. Just too many charges with too many victims and all the charges are the more serious offenses. Whether it's and actual life sentence or not, I don't know, but I'd suspect he'll die in prison. If they try all of the charges and defendants together, my gut tells me that any sentences would probably be longer than would otherwise be given out. Plus, if a jury really finds disdain for one defendant, it is more likely to carry over to the others.

I'm trying to find info on the sentences these offenders may receive. I don't think Dustin Kent will be allowed any plea agreements. Wondering how these cases will be tried.

Plea agreements common in child sexual abuse trials
http://www.timesdaily.com/archives/article_2eefaaa4-d707-585c-af64-a45c508f2e80.html

Huntsville man receives 50-year prison sentence in child sex abuse case
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/07/huntsville_man_receives_50-yea.html

Alabama Sex Offender Registry
http://dps.alabama.gov/Home/wfContent.aspx?ID=20&PLH1=plhAlerts-SexOffenders

Hey y'all, I am working from my phone today so can't get you as much info as I'd like but on the Search for Brittney Facebook page it was said that Chessie held a press conference today, along with another bit of info that I'm not sure I can post here. You'll definitely want to check it out.

Hey y'all, I am working from my phone today so can't get you as much info as I'd like but on the Search for Brittney Facebook page it was said that Chessie held a press conference today, along with another bit of info that I'm not sure I can post here. You'll definitely want to check it out.

Here's the link to the reporter's Twitter account that was posted on the search group page:

https://twitter.com/MichaelDumasPRO
https://twitter.com/MichaelDumasPRO/status/395285835257749504

I hope there is video coming.

More on WPMI tv station's reporter Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/Modupe_WPMI

https://twitter.com/Modupe_WPMI/status/395277967011504128

Wow...I am so anxious to hear what Chessie said. I'm off to see if I can find anything!

lovemyhuskies, thanks for letting us know! Finally, maybe someone will start talking!

Why did it take her all this time to come to that conclusion?
Lol hello!

I still do not believe she is dead.
I could be so wrong. It I'm not feeling it.

:what: :scared: Oh My, what is going to come out of her mouth now. :tyou:

Gotta go look for it. :skip: :skip: :panic: :skip: :skip: :eek:kay:

Here's the link to the reporter's Twitter account that was posted on the search group page:

https://twitter.com/MichaelDumasPRO/status/395285835257749504

I hope there is video coming.

More on WPMI tv station's reporter Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/Modupe_WPMI

https://twitter.com/Modupe_WPMI/status/395277967011504128

MichaelDumasPRO &#8207;@MichaelDumasPRO 2h
At press conference, Chessie Wood calls out her sister, Wendy Holland, about location of daughter Brittney Wood's body.
:what:

Chessie Wood, accused of child sex abuse, says her sister knows what happened to Brittney Wood

Chessie Wood said she feels like her sister knows something she isn't sharing about Brittney.

"I begged you, Wendy, to tell me where my daughter is, and you won't," Wood said. "Please tell me where my daughter is."

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/10/chessie_wood_accused_of_child.html

I feel let down reading about Chessie's press conference. She doesn't say anything really.

I feel let down reading about Chessie's press conference. She doesn't say anything really.

Let down. Me too, but...

Well, she is pointing the finger at Wendy which she hasn't dared do before.

It's a start.

But yeah, she just spouts basically the same stuff that supports she, herself, has nothing to do with it.

She's probably correct. Still not thinking he shot himself either. YES he was in a predicament with LE wanting to question him, and I'm sure he knew what it was about. YET look how many others have been arrested for the sex crimes, and they didn't commit suicide. He could have held some of the most damning evidence, we don't know. But I'm willing to bet he had access to a larger caliber gun than was used!

I can't believe how far this is extending. I really didn't expect this. It seems certain to me, police are getting new information all the time, and the dam has broken somewhere.

Chessie's arrest for that old vehicle violation is really odd. For sure it wasn't accidental. I wonder if it was to keep the pressure on her, or conceal she might be talking, or just to make sure there was no-one left home because LE wanted...to do something? Watch/catch someone?

Chessie must be an investigator's dream and a defence attorney's nightmare. I think her attorney won't want her to speak in court. Wonder if she'll do as she's told?

For some reason, nearly all the early media links we have for Brittney's disappearance are no longer working. There seems very little out there from when she first disappeared. It's really hard to get together a chronological list. I've never come across anything like it with such a recent disappearance (in terms of other caes. I am sure it seems like she's been gone foreverto her loved ones).

IMHO, I think that Chessie is talking. Such an odd thing, to throw her into the family reunion van like that for a traffic ticket. Nope, I think they did that to make it seem as though she's not speaking to LE at all. NOT picking her up that night would seem strange, since everyone else in the family, pretty much, were arrested. Her daughter is missing, after all, and if she truly doesn't know what happened to her -- which very well could be -- then she has more at stake here than anyone, and would be the most likely person to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member